returning player

hey all, thinking about coming back to the game, logged in and looks like so much was added i dont really know where to begin. i have some decent gear and somewhat leveled characters. dont really know if i should try to pick up where i started. or if i should make a new char to try and figure out what all is new. any suggestions would be appreciated.
Last bumped on Oct 14, 2017, 12:32:05 PM
I'd recommend starting a new character to see all the new act 5-10 stuff. There's so much new stuff it's worth it to go through at least once. Even if there are recylcled areas in the new acts.
I'd recommend to make a new character, if only you have time for it.
The Bother progress: 11%

You don't even imagine how much harm you've caused. I'm not sure I'll live long enough to finish "The Bother". You're one of my murderers. You will never get my forgiveness unless you make up for what you've done.
Mess around until December... new league starting early in the month. Start a new character in the new league.
There is nothing new. Kill useless mobs. Kill bosses with too much life after act 4. Then after act 10 you get to what is the REAL poe now. The atlas-running maps. For ten acts you can get by with nothing more than pathetic 4 links. Anything interesting is in the atlas. IF you like running fucking maps. The core game is meaningless fluff but they force you to finish all 10 acts before running maps.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang
"
"
poeliceman wrote:
There is nothing new. Kill useless mobs. Kill bosses with too much life after act 4. Then after act 10 you get to what is the REAL poe now. The atlas-running maps. For ten acts you can get by with nothing more than pathetic 4 links. Anything interesting is in the atlas. IF you like running fucking maps. The core game is meaningless fluff but they force you to finish all 10 acts before running maps.

To each his own. I find maps to be insanely bland, boring and unfun, I wish there was an alternative to maps.
The alternative was to make the core game go a whole lot deeper. GGG blew it. They're in love with the atlas. Core game can not be saved at this point.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang
thanks for the headsup will start a new char to try and get the feel of things and a full playthrough in. the stuff i have already have gear for is a 2h cyclone build, a solid PA mf setup, and i think some decent summoner stuff. are any of those builds still viable or nah?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info