Trade Market Price Gouging

What are you talking about, prices are really high on xbox but not because people don't know how to price their items, even though its true that they don't, they find out quickly enough to know that belly of the beast will sell for 4ex and not 1ex.

Remember that a TON of players (including me) never really played POE before the Xbox release, the Xbox is flooded with noobs compared to PC so there is less people running end game stuff which mean less end game items are found while EVERYONE need the end game items for their build, take makes a huge demand but still low supply.

Yes a ton of people overprice their items, but its not true everything go for 100x, it goes from 1x to 10x depending on how rare/high tier are the items, currency mostly go for 1:1 compared to PC, meanwhile items that drop from atziri and high level zones like these will easily go for 10x the price, why ? Because noobs can't run them, yet they need them.

But I completely agree with you that there should be some kind of average price displayed on items, I would LOVE to sell my items quick and easily at the right price instead of taking hours of my time to try to price everything I have. However the average price should be from the xbox sales NOT from PC, both games have and will likely always have a really different economy.

Furthermore, IIRC GGG said they will release the game xbox API eventually, this will fix everything as we'll have our own poe.trade/poe.ninja.
Last edited by popje on Oct 16, 2017, 8:13:35 PM
It all reasonable. BUT! Finally Belly dropped from some random mob, i checked poe.trade and see 10-20c for no link. Xbox price - 2ex minimum, so you ask me to sell that item i grind 2 weeks for only for 20c? No way, put it on trade for 150c. Same for doomfletch prism (150c xbox 60c PC) and Lion Roar (40c xbox 8c PC) - i check prices everytime, but... if i can put it on bigger price and some one will buy it - why i should not?

From another side of view - bought Queen of the forest with no link (only decent rolls and 6 sockets) for 35c :( couse someone think exacly like me.
Last edited by b00zzy on Oct 18, 2017, 11:22:25 PM
"
b00zzy wrote:
It all reasonable. BUT! Finally Belly dropped from some random mob, i checked poe.trade and see 10-20c for no link. Xbox price - 2ex minimum, so you ask me to sell that item i grind 2 weeks for only for 20c? No way, put it on trade for 150c. Same for doomfletch prism (150c xbox 60c PC) and Lion Roar (40c xbox 8c PC) - i check prices everytime, but... if i can put it on bigger price and some one will buy it - why i should not?

From another side of view - bought Queen of the forest with no link (only decent rolls and 6 sockets) for 35c :( couse someone think exacly like me.

Except that a Qotf with decent to good rolls dont go under 1 EX on PC.

As example

373% Evasion
68 life
10 fire
28 cold
17 lightning

goes for about 50-70c.

Pricing should be reasonanle...

There are a lot of players that quit playing because they dont get the items for a reasonable price.

Of course there are some players that are fine with pricing things though the minority.

I bought a Halycon for 6Ex (which is already overpriced) but before i got the 6Ex Version - i faced someone who wanted 50Ex, 30Ex, 25Ex, 13Ex, 12Ex. Players that pay that much are just...

And most of these Amulets were still in the trading board.

I have met a lot of traders that rather sit on their overpriced item than trade for a reasonable price.
Last edited by LycanNaryko on Oct 20, 2017, 6:14:44 AM
There is just not enough information to decide how good an Item is.

The only way would be to switch over to my PC and look up all the information I need and then go the be board aed spend several minutes to get a feeling of how many items like that are currently available for what price.

So in the end I would have to spend 20-30min just to put a item on the market. And even if I do all that the chance of the item actualy getting bought is still tiny.

On PC you just install Trade Macro and do all of this in a few seconds.
Last edited by FigPuckerGabenNewell on Oct 19, 2017, 9:04:25 AM
cant you guys just give it some damn time before complaining about it the game aint even out for that long on xbox so ofcourse the economy isnt stable yet you cant expect an economy to be fully build within a few weeks

so far ive been able to get some good stuff as reasonable prices i am ok with some people ofcourse overpricing very rare uniques plus its an ah guys start talking to them peeps with that little mini chat on trade offers ask them if they could go lower or if you could meet them and trade additional items with the currency in most cases they will say yes all you have to do is try a little and i already know alot are gonna complain at this post and say that is not how it works bla bla bla
take your complaints somewhere else i aint reading them anyway ;)
It's a new economy. It will eventually work its self out. There is a different supply of items and until that economy is built, we just need to be patient. I assume that in the PC version (I just play xbox) that the Standard League economy acts as a guide to keep the new league prices in check, because if one can be patient enough, once that league character is moved to standard, an item can be attained at a reasonable price. There is no set economy in the standard league in the xbox market to provide this stability.

It will take time, and people can ask for whatever they want, but selling it for a high price is a different story. I have been able to attain items around the poe.ninja price (within 5x) on most uniques that I have needed for builds, it just requires making numerous offers and being patient. I was able to get a couple of unique lvl 50-60 body armor for around 8 chaos that I was able to 6S4L or 6S5L fairly easy.

Edited to add: I always attempt to beat the lowest listed price for items when I sell, and I'm probably not the only one.
Xbox Player
add me: "Jetras"
Lvl 72 Ice Shot Raider | Lvl 72 Sunder Berserker | Lvl 72 Summoner Necromancer
Last edited by Xbox_Jetras on Oct 26, 2017, 12:07:20 PM
You also get the opposite - people offering less than what you would get if you vendored the item.

Really need the social aspect of the game to be introduced - Chat, guilds etc ...then some common sense will prevail.
XBOX ONE
It's an information gap compounded by lack of supply.

It has nothing to do with 'proportion' as one of the posters mentioned earlier. Just look at the playerbase achievements in your lists. As of yesterday, less than 10% of an already small playerbase had even cleared a map or finished ACT 10.

This game is dense -- dense in a way that D3 and most other current ARPGs just cannot lay claim to. It's even more dense, both mechanically, and in terms of its item pool/affix pool than D2 was at its height. Hell, it's TOTALLY reasonable to suggest that D2 Runewords were nothing but a last ditch attempt to stabilize the playerbase for D2 because it so radically simplified the gearing process for that game. You knew, with a very limited range, what the stat on a given item would be; you knew that in a few weeks, once all the dupe runes hit the market, season prices would stabilize and you would be able to purchase runes for a reasonable cost.

EVERYONE had access to whatever build they wanted.

The problem with PoE console is that the playerbase isn't large enough to sustain an item pool beyond the whales...and the information that would be necessary to appropriately price items just isn't available because it's not clear to anyone just HOW RARE something actually is.

I've logged about 400 hours on the console already. I have a ele crit/raider/ranger at 91. In that time, I've found 1 Belly of the Beast out of several HUNDRED unique drops. Meanwhile, I have, literally 5 or 6 certain low-level uniques like Gnarled Branch and Dreadarc. Most people aren't even running multiple alts yet, and they don't have the currency to sink into leveling uniques, so there is a GLUT of low-level uniques, not enough currency or characters to pull them off the market, and because of that, and because of the game's inherent difficulty, there are not enough characters running ilvl 74+ to supply high-level uniques at reasonable prices.

Look no further than Windripper if you want to see just how out of sync the console versus PC market is.

I bought a five link after shopping for 10! days, and it was the only 5 or 6L available at the time for LESS THAN 13ex. Prices have come down just a bit as the league market has become *somewhat* more saturated, but if they had not extended Harbinger to ease the content schedule? No more than a handful of people would be able to farm items like that...

It's a complex problem with a simple answer, really.

...and the pc crowd will HATE IT.

...GGG is going to have to increase drop rates and lower ilvl availability restrictions on console if it expects the console community to stay engaged.
"
aiglos78 wrote:
It's an information gap compounded by lack of supply.

It has nothing to do with 'proportion' as one of the posters mentioned earlier. Just look at the playerbase achievements in your lists. As of yesterday, less than 10% of an already small playerbase had even cleared a map or finished ACT 10..

Read that again lol.

You just said the playerbase is small.
It means that rare items are ultra rare, like kaoms heart.
While each and everyone will have all less rare items in their stash like lion bow.

But as time goes on and people keep playing, then even kaoms gonna be worthless, since no one of the small playerbase wants it anymore.

Belly is not that rare, but you may never loot it anyway.
Lets stick with belly anyway, because its basicly a rare "yellow" item with fixed stats.
If 1 guy got it for sale who will he sell to ? Obviously to the guy offering so much that you almost feel bad.
If 1000 people got it for sale, are they all gonna wait until their item gets randomly choosen ? No they will start price dumping so that their item gets choosen.
Uh...no.

Incredibly rare uniques will continue to be rare due to two factors:

1. They're insanely expensive, and, as such, only a small portion of the player base will ever have enough currency to even consider buying them at the prices the market will bear...due to rarity.

2. Also, the global console player base isn't just small. The cohort capable of farming certain uniques is a very small subset of that playerbase due to ilvl drop restrictions.

...if I have a playerbase of 100k, and only 10% of that playerbase is even capable of farming an area where a certain ilvl unique drops, that means only 10k of the players will EVER have an opportunity to see the drop. This isn't some kind of artificial price inflation. It's very simple supply and demand.

Certain items WILL reach some kind of level of accessibility, but that will be determined by the median mapping level of the playerbase. Whatever the ilvl at which most of the playerbase can farm happens to be, the uniques which are available at that ilvl will eventually filter into the market and be available. Any items which drop ABOVE the median mapping level will remain rare.

Though it is *possible* that the majority of players will eventually be able to farm max ilvl items, that's, uh, NEVER BEEN THE CASE in any aarpg. There will be many people who play and NEVER see certain content like Shaper, Guardians, or Uber Atziri.

...what you seem to be suggesting is that the desirability of unique item X is somehow correlated to the number of players who can ACTUALLY farm it and will procure it. That doesn't mean, though, that there aren't MANY other players who need that unique or would like it for a certain build who may NOT be able to farm it or will never see the content which makes it available.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point?

Just to be clear: This ALSO applies to very desirable rares since affix tiers are tied to map/item level, as well. So, you may have a large portion of the player base who wants, as an example, a harbinger with specific T1 affixes which cannot *ever* farm for those affixes, and will rely solely on the playerbase which can farm harbingers at the ilvl required. That will ultimately limit the availability of those rares.

So, it's not even an issue *just* with uniques. It's entirely possible that you'll ceiling and not be able to progress because you can't even get enough of the GENERAL stats you need to be viable for certain content.
Last edited by aiglos78 on Oct 27, 2017, 11:27:46 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info