Experimental EB Discharge Templar

I haven't attempted this yet, but at the moment this is the build I'm thinking of working towards.

Spoiler
v1.1 (cleaned up a few inefficient +10 stat nodes and dropped the chaos resist node to get 3 more life nodes.

This build will probably be scepter/dagger/wand and shield. Any of the three will work well as the build is not aimed at a specific weapon.

The major gems:

Spoiler
Discharge + Iron Will + Concentrated Effect + Increased AoE/Increased Critical Damage

If you're super-rich and have a 6-link, add Fire Penetration/Life Leech (I think this is more important) and possibly Cold to Fire (explained soon).

Spoiler
Enduring Cry x2 (+Faster Casting?)

Spoiler
Blood Rage. (This is why Cold to Fire) You will never level it up. There's not enough DEX here to do so. We only need it for frenzy charges.

Likely secondary skill gems:

Spoiler
Molten Shell + Iron Will + Conc Effect (+life leech, possibly put it in your chest with Discharge)

Spoiler
Purity, Determination, Haste all + Reduced Mana. Grace + Blood Magic + Reduced Mana. Clarity possibly, but I don't yet know if it can be squeezed in there.

Spoiler
Lightning Warp + Faster Casting

Spoiler
Elemental Weakness and Enfeeble

The concepts/concerns/goals of this build:

1. I've initially decided that increased frenzy charges would take way too many points that I could invest in more life and resists. Blood Rage is more like a bonus rather than a core function of the build.

2. 4-5 auras, hence Eldritch Battery.

3. On the fence over whether I should get 40 life and/or the endurance charge from Oak, or get points all 3 times. In this case, the 8% Chaos Resist node might have to go, as its individual impact on Blood Rage is minimal.

4. Find a way to avoid killing myself on reflect mobs. Stacking all that life is an attempt to mitigate this.

My intent is that this be a viable hardcore build, especially for party mapping, but point number 4 is the biggest hurdle to making it work. I'm hoping the large amount of life regen in the build and using Life Leech on Discharge with careful positioning will let me heal back most reflection damage. If anyone would like to suggest other options, please feel free to do so.
Last edited by Einsieg on Feb 28, 2013, 1:00:11 AM
Okay, progress report.

I'm in act 3 normal. I have my Discharge and Blood Rage now.

I feel like a Magikarp. I really jumped the gun on switching to using Discharge. Without any support gems and in the early levels with no Elemental Weakness, it's EXTREMELY weak. The best I can do with it at the moment is turn on Molten Shell, charge up my enduring cry, and then discharge after my shell explodes. However, I don't yet have the life regen to keep Blood Rage from eating my health.

I also don't have a good caster weapon yet. This being only my second HC character, I don't have significant currency built up in the league to buy good stuff to help me level.

I might hbe forced to get a Freeze Pulse and use that for leveling until my Discharge can function on its own.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info