Where have the early Development Manifesto posts gone?

I could have sworn that I had read Development Manifesto posts dedicated specifically and explicitly to the topic of being and staying free-to-play, and I could have sworn that this Manifesto and similar interesting Development Manifesto posts from the days of the pre-release Beta were easily accessible on these forums.
I can no longer find these posts -- the earliest post in that forum subsection is from April 2014.
Does anyone know to where they have been moved? Or have they been removed? Or was I merely imagining or remembering incorrectly that there were posts from 2011-2014?
Thanks much
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Last bumped on Oct 10, 2017, 6:11:16 PM
Gone the same way as the flowers. But from my casual way outside view of PoE from closed beta to now it appears that as GGG gets larger (more full time employees) their communication level (and their openness to talk about problems, the future of PoE, etc.) slowly deteriorates until they too will become just like so many other Blizzard type game companies and ignore the players completely. The closer more direct communication levels of the PoE of yesteryear when GGG was 1/4th the size they are today are gone forever.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
I would like to be cautious jumping to conclusions, but are you saying that I am not mistaken in that those Manifesto posts existed and were not moved somewhere I cannot immediately find but taken down? If so, that's quite unsettling.
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
"
onomastikon wrote:
I could have sworn that I had read Development Manifesto posts dedicated specifically and explicitly to the topic of being and staying free-to-play, and I could have sworn that this Manifesto and similar interesting Development Manifesto posts from the days of the pre-release Beta were easily accessible on these forums.
I can no longer find these posts -- the earliest post in that forum subsection is from April 2014.
Does anyone know to where they have been moved? Or have they been removed? Or was I merely imagining or remembering incorrectly that there were posts from 2011-2014?
Thanks much

Hi somebody asked for the manifesto and some other old posts a while ago on reddit, was it you ?
You may be lucky and find them using:

https://archive.org/web/

good luck. I did be interested to see them too
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Oct 10, 2017, 4:08:53 PM
It is easier to ram down last minute changes right before major patch, or better yet, slip them in invisibly and let the dumpster fires settle themselves down.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Quite simple... they weren't called "Development Manifestos" yet, and so they didn't get grouped into that sub-forum.

No conspiracy. No hiding info. Just a change in the structure of the forums. Someone with good Search-foo might be able to find the post you're looking for.

If you're just looking for some quote so you can throw something in their face... you can pretty much forget it. They're not bound by their intentions of 7+ years ago. They've changed. The world's changed. They had no idea they would still have a product in 2017 much less one that was still under development. So pulling some quote out to complain that premium tabs cost too much is only going to get you laughed at.
Last edited by Shagsbeard on Oct 10, 2017, 4:26:12 PM
If you're referring to the beta manifesto (circa 0.9.2b Sep'11, shortly after I joined), it appears it disappeared around Oct'12 (there), (not there). They revamped the website in Nov'12 in preparation for the Open Beta launch in Jan'13.

The Development Manifesto forum section appeared in Apr'13 (pre)(post), and it's still there.
"We were going to monitor the situation but it was in the wrong aspect ratio."
Last edited by Garr0t on Oct 10, 2017, 6:39:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info