I thought RPGs were about killing monsters and finding loot?

(at charans post)

heh you are so right. I consider myself a middle feeder , I dabble in the end game but i dont
have time to be overpowered and steamroll everything.

I do miss the weekly unique patch though , it was fun waiting and checking forums for the new uniques every week. The game honestly is so much more improved in just about every way compared to back then though.

IGN- Shaeyaena
Last edited by Vanadium81 on Oct 11, 2017, 2:55:14 PM
"
pneuma wrote:
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Frankenberry wrote:
In my opinion chase items should be rare items.

I'd swear that was the original intention, with both mirrors and eternal orbs augmenting that. There was a period where certain rares were crafted well enough to become famous as mirror-worthy, although their names elude me now. There may still be a few, but I think the out-of-control 'unique chase item' power creep has soundly killed that direction.

As I recall, it all started with Shavronne's Wrappings, which did something no unique ever could, and created a meta all of its own. The player perception of chase item became 'unique' then, and we've seen nothing but ongoing attempts at one-upping what Shav's did ever since.

This is exactly how I remember it.

Can't help but feel like some of this is due to the D3 diaspora, and carrying over connotations of the only gear worth equipping being legendaries or sets. At least GGG never gave in to set items.

That's pretty misinformed concerning D3. The Jay Wilson version of D3 was all about rare items being the best items. There are plenty of interviews and QAs to confirm that. When that design goal crashed and burned with the AH, they turned to sets and uniques. That decision along with the expac saved the game.

POE would be garbage with rares as well, but they at least had the vision to make crafting a significant part of the rare item experience.
To comment on the title og this thread: I would consider the actual chase or the journey towards your goals the main appeal of arpg's. For me the game only becomes a bit boring once I have reached Them. That's when I quit a league. So if GGG made it harder to reach endgame (for instance endgame gear) I would definitely welcome it.
Can't beleive nobody here realizes the real reason why those uniques lost value...

The true reason is all the budget guides in youtube and the forums. Why play something that takes forever to trade and gear when you can run a budget build that you can keep upgrading for a long time and that will clear 99% of the game content.

Budget builds are just so enjoyable, it's so easy to keep going you don't have any stress for finding the top gg #1 mirror worth items to make them work. Just farming some fusings here and there to link your items.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Sucks that shaper is not even worth doing best item you can get is only selling for 2 exalt better to just sell the maps. And Uber aziri cost so much to do it crazy unless you farm forever for one map lol
"
Nephalim wrote:

Did the removal/berf of most chase uniques and lowered mob density negatively affect your enjoyment of the game?

I was active till Legacy, where AoE nerf killed feelings I had from game. Micromanagement along with nerf u r mentioning was another bonus to stop playing game. I gave a try this league too, but its not Path of Exile it used to be. Its totally different feeling. Game is pretty average for my taste. Favorite uniques, gems, mechanics nerfed and new uniques which substitute nerfs are in no way as good as original one.
Last edited by Rexeos on Oct 11, 2017, 6:09:56 PM
This is the last patch for me. If they dont fix the terrible loot so i can stop spending hours flipping, stop nerfing shit to ridiculous proportions, and give some sort of love to standard (legacy league stones for example) im out. MU Legend, Grim Dawn expansion and far down the line Lost Ark are all looking excellent. In retro spec...i would totally buy the max level supporter pack if they address these issues.
ProbablyGettingNerfed - L100 Occultist
Vinktarded - L100 Pathfinder
GoogleDiversityHire - L100 Necromancer

3.13 was the pinnacle of PoE. IVYS+1 Gang 4 Life.
Last edited by TheAshmaker on Oct 11, 2017, 9:35:52 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
Did the removal/berf of most chase uniques and lowered mob density negatively affect your enjoyment of the game?

Uniques: No, it positively affected it.

Mob density: I would rather have fewer, but stronger monsters.

@title: I thought RPGs were Role Playing Games and as such about playing certain roles.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
xMustard wrote:

this is what turns me off from SSF. i have items and uniques i want to use and get for my build. i don't want to just paste things together with whatever i happen to find. i want a goal i can obtain, not just a goal i have but will almost certainly never reach.
to find specific uniques for yourself is a horribly losing battle that will waste all of your time.

SSF in it's current form is more a proxy - for uniques they must improve the div card system, or introduce more directed form of farming. Like "I want more unique shields to get the Lionhearts" or "Unique bows".

As a proxy, every map boss should have a much improved propability to drop one div card based on his own weapon:
from a staff wielding magic boss, Minotaur drops the Axe card and so on.
Armor pieces according. You'll still have to farm and go through several stacks of cards - but at least you can farm more directed.

The propability of this drop can be tuned to the danger of the boss - so it will make sense again NOT to run only shaped strand.

Another possibility would be an ingame shop for very high prices for a few selected key uniques, or a "once in your lifetime" quest reward like the jewel reward for cheap(common) special key uniques like Facebreaker, call of the brotherhood.

I play only SSF despite this quirk (chasing a cheap shield at the moment ...) - so it's still a great moment everytime a rare ring, amu or even jewel drops.

These 2 things are not much when your trade, but worth a lot when you can't:

Doing T13 with no big problems with them at the moment, waiting for the 6 link or better stuff to move on to the guardians.

Last edited by Llyrain on Oct 12, 2017, 7:33:51 AM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
This is the last patch for me. If they dont fix the terrible loot so i can stop spending hours flipping, stop nerfing shit to ridiculous proportions, and give some sort of love to standard (legacy league stones for example) im out. MU Legend, Grim Dawn expansion and far down the line Lost Ark are all looking excellent. In retro spec...i would totally buy the max level supporter pack if they address these issues.

That + trade overhaul. We have to see if GGG will do the right thing and in the big December patch get us a way to buy from an AFK seller (IMHO... others will QQ/whine of course). It really is the height of stupidity and bad game design to expect sellers to be in-game > 50% of the time just sitting there waiting for someone to whisper WTB. This type of "we never wanted trading to be easy" bullshit when GGG wants PoE to be trade-centric with tons of trash drops for time played and thus encouraging/pushing us to trade because what we need to make our builds work better or work at all endgame isn't going to drop has to end if GGG wants PoE to be viable and profitable for many more years.

I'm ok with the low quality loot drops and great gear being rng gated as they are (except 5L and 6L which is too rare... I don't even get a "once in a blue moon" drop anymore... sad) if the trade system worked without the seller needing to invite the buying into his hide-out. It's totally ludicrous to make a sale be contingent on the seller having to manually invite a buyer into his hideout to conduct a transaction. What the hell GGG?!!! PoE is a global game so 90% of sellers are in time zones completely out of my playing schedule and of course they are not on-line when I am. And when a seller is on-line he/she wants to do what this thread is discussing as to why we play an arpg, to kill and loot and level up and to be able to try a 1001 play styles (different builds). Not to sit in our hideouts in chat waiting for a WTB message and then sell a few items. That's completely stupid for GGG to force us to do that just to not get destroyed by auto-bot flippers.

Come on GGG, you should be able to let me buy from an AFK seller and still be able to code so bots can't wreck trading. Use a captcha or something that only humans can easily pattern match for god's sake or something that bots can't do but us humans can. Trade as it stands today is shit bad and come December show us how clever and great you are by fixing this mess please.
"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info