Need some real help

My TS Ranger fine ripping through t7 and t8 maps but I want to rip through t14+ maps, uber lab, atziri, shaper, guardians etc. Please help with what I need to change. I have a couple hundred chaos and willing to give just about anything a shot. I feel like I have hit a wall with progression on this character which sucks because I really enjoy how this setup plays. Thanks in advance.
Last bumped on Oct 10, 2017, 5:40:40 AM
There are plenty of options to do, but I don't understand what you mean under "setup".

Is it the specific uniques you love or the scaling of the build, maybe just TS?

If you enjoy the build as it is, then it did it's job, no everything is supposed to be able to do endgame.

For example you could get a cheap rare/corupted rare 6link cheastpiece with a life roll, then buy a cheap corrupted drillneck, that still has the pierce implicit, because drillneck is the best quiver.
(this would result in a very significant dmg boost)

Reach of the council is not that great anymore, but still usable if you just want the extra proejctiles, however I'm not sure if it is worth it.

You use way too many uniques, maybe thats why u use the resist quiver at the moment.

For high tier maps normally you want a bit more life and rat's nest and maligaro's neither give you any of that sadly.
Last edited by krenderke on Oct 8, 2017, 8:17:56 PM
Is Reach of the Council really the best bow for your build?

First it took a hit to the phys damage, then it's additional arrows went from 4 to 2. It's been a while since I flirted with Tornado Shot, but I'd be surprised if that's optimal. If you've been following a guide it's possible that it was created before Reach got nerfed... twice. If you look at Death's Opus you'll see it's basically the same thing, except with Crit & Crit Multi.
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
By setup I really mean my fast movement speed and TS

Yes I need the tri-res on the quiver

I Switched between my Reach and a Death’s Opus a few times but I seem to like the Reach better. My attack speed is faster with it for some reason. I would like to have a 320+ pdps Harbinger Bow and pair it with +# TS projectiles enchanted helm but can’t afford that for awhile.

My damage seems to be ok my survivability could be way better. I get one shot by uber Izaro.

If I was to start replacing my uniques where would I start and what stats would be BiS?

If I drop the Queen of the Forest isn’t that going to kill my evasion which is the vast majority of what survivability I do have ar the moment?
Your flasks are pretty bad.
Consider to reroll/replace them.

You should not have to use 3 life flasks to begin with.
Vitality Void would help you a lot to sustain life while fighting. That should allow you drop 2 life flasks and just keep 1 instant flask with either freeze or bleed remove.

Swap in a Diamond flask.
Right now your crit chance is 55.85% reduced by your chance to hit (89%) to an effective crit chance of 50.6% (config for guardian/shaper).
Goes up to 72.43% while Diamond flask is active.

A Jade flask might help as well.
Your QotF, movespeed and evasion rating will benefit a lot. Thats should increase overall survivability.

You might also consider to drop the Essence Worm ring and run Hatred + Grace linked to a lvl2 Enlighten. Thats good enough to run both auras. You will have to sacrifice a gem slot for Enlighten, but now you are free to get some good dps rings/amulet.
Any flat phys dmg and crit multi on your jewelry will help a lot.

Cap your res!
Except for lightning res, none of your res are capped. Thats really bad.
Consider grabbing Cloth & Chains in Duelist area. Thats good enough to cap all res and it´ll increase your evasion rating + movespeed again.

Good luck
Hi, friend.

Just take a look at my lvl 92 deadeye of the previous league.

Take into consideration that every piece of gear was found - crafted and socketed, fused by myself.

You don't need a +1 drillneck, a simple one can do the job more than fine (that was an extremely lucky vaal orb).

That character will let me play at tier 15 maps.
I am not that good for guardians - shaper or uberAtziri but anything else is doable.
(I need a lot of practice for that kind of fights, and the grinding for fragments is never enough if you play solo and not trading for maps).

I am playing one character every league and the only trade that I usually make is for fussings (ex to fus and chroms to chaos or alterations).

Good luck and have fun.
Last edited by 696Gamer on Oct 9, 2017, 7:46:50 AM
My res’s are capped since I helped Alira

Is 50% chc not enough in this game? Normally in other games anything above 50% is severly diminished

Yea those are junk flasks my good (or decent) flasks are on my flicker strike ranger at the moment
Crit chance is hard capped at 95% crit chance - so 50% isnt that good :)

Crit chance by itself doesnt do a lot. Its only good when combined with tons of crit multi.
Like 4-500% multi or better. Thats gonna be a huge investment and if that investment pays off at a 50% chance only - I would call it inefficient, but thats my take.

Since its just a flask that would boost your crit chance a lot, I would just test it if I was you.
Run a map you know very well with your current setup.
Run that map again with a diamond flask and compare.
Make sure there is no extra life roll on those maps and focus on the bossfight.
Trashmobs most likely drop dead immediately anyways, so its just the boss fights where crit chance and multi do matter and can make a difference.

The faster the boss drops dead, the less time it gets to smash you in the face.
Simple as that :)

"
GreasyGinzo wrote:
My res’s are capped since I helped Alira

PoB didnt show that - thats why I thought your res were uncapped. My bad.
But Alira is a good choice, thats more crit multi and you cannot have enough multi ^^
"
Orbaal wrote:
Crit chance is hard capped at 95% crit chance - so 50% isnt that good :)

Crit chance by itself doesnt do a lot. Its only good when combined with tons of crit multi.
Like 4-500% multi or better. Thats gonna be a huge investment and if that investment pays off at a 50% chance only - I would call it inefficient, but thats my take.

Crit capping is one of the most inefficient things you can/could do in this game.

It's like the difference between 10 000 and 20 000 armor, you barely feel the difference and probably have to dump a ton of investment into it.

50% effective crit goes up to 75% with diamond flask.
That's the most worth amount in my opinion, as far as the returns:investment ratio is concerned.

Diaflaskcrit= Crit chance + (100-Crit chance)*(Crit chance/100)
With 50% it's 75%
With 60% it's 84%
With 66% it's 88.44%

As for the build I've been fidling around with things in path of building, but it is quite difficult to do things (other, than correcting ineffective pathings), without changing the identity and without making it too expensive.

To be honest QotF builds are not my style at all, probably the only thing I know about them is, that they are expensive and squishy, nothing else.

Last edited by krenderke on Oct 9, 2017, 12:55:56 PM
"
GreasyGinzo wrote:
My TS Ranger fine ripping through t7 and t8 maps but I want to rip through t14+ maps, uber lab, atziri, shaper, guardians etc.
If you are ripping fine in t7 and t8 I don't see what all the fuss is about, you'd rip even better in higher tier maps :)
And worst change is putting almost all bosses in new version of maps into fucking small areas, where you can't kite well or dodge stuff. What a terrible idiot invented that I want say to him: dude flick you, seriously flick you very much.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info