How to make PVP more popular?

I am a big fan of playing PVP and I would like to see it if more people played the game. Either 1v1, 3v3, or sarn arena FFA, but hardly anyone seems to play the game.

Is there any way to make PVP a more popular feature of POE?
Last bumped on Oct 9, 2017, 7:39:17 PM
Nope. Sorry.

Not a game designed around PvP. They spent some time on it and got nothing out of it. No throwing good money after bad.

Best you can do is try to find/start a guild of like-minded people and PvP your heart out.
"
ironstove wrote:
I am a big fan of playing PVP and I would like to see it if more people played the game. Either 1v1, 3v3, or sarn arena FFA, but hardly anyone seems to play the game.

Refering to last statement i saw about PvP from GGG ( was in a podcast i think) they decided to let PvP a bit down, because there were already plenty of games better at that ( wich wasn't the case back in d2 ages ).

Now that beeing said it doesn't mean it's abandoned forever, just not the main focus for now, or most likely that they don't really found a way to improve it properly OR that implementing it properly might need changes and additions to the core game first; That's how i see it.

Some PvP would be nice but it's hard to ask for that, because the game has some bigger gaps to fill first.
Hf :)
Last edited by Heli0nix on Oct 8, 2017, 6:05:44 PM
Pvp really doesn't belong in an ARPG.

The only reason it sorta worked in D2 was because the community created an ever evolving GM rules designed to keep things somewhat fair but it was entirely an honor system.

If you were against a light sorc you could just lie about using 2x wisps and a tgods.
It would be immediately obvious if the person was using those items
Unfortunately for PvP...

...only use for PvP is to complete achievements.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 8, 2017, 9:58:23 PM
"
ironstove wrote:

maybe, if they enabled it, ssf pvp or ssf lld could be a thing (i would try it definately)
remove that ineptitude from the game ,that's the solution....
seriously,who plays pvp in an hack & slash game ? kids ? perverse narcissists ? both of them ?
rofl
learning is a painful process ... knowledge is the most deadly weapon.
Nah... Even I would play it if they gave it some structure. In the current setting, you either have no chance, or you mop the floor. Maybe 1 in 10 fights is decided by player skill (that's generous).

They need a way of leveling the playing field without rebuilding the game around it.
"
Shagsbeard wrote:
Nah... Even I would play it if they gave it some structure. In the current setting, you either have no chance, or you mop the floor. Maybe 1 in 10 fights is decided by player skill (that's generous).

They need a way of leveling the playing field without rebuilding the game around it.

i really think ssf lld could solve more than half of the problems with pvp

its hard to get all gear for a char for a build in ssf, let alone lld stuff, not to mention fewer skill points are available and generally it isnt a oneshot fest since gear isnt anywhere near bis, and lower lvl chars dont scale in power like high lvl chars.

and where there are battles that last more than couple of seconds there is a way to outskill someone, and also have more fun

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info