Vaal Pact - The node make the game imbalance

Dudeeee! We lost 3 pages for you guys to prove who is a pro Vaal Pact player, and it also say that you guys are really Vaal Pact addicts now.....
You found out that the game hard to survive, you need a solution, and thank GGG, you can be a damage dealer and tanker with a single node..what else is better ?

Why the effect 'Taunt' exist in this game ? You think it's for summoner to make themselves to become a meat shield for their minions ? It's for tankers to protect the team !
Also i think almost us popular with the word 'auramancer'? You accept it as a slave but not as a supporter ?
When you can't do stuffs alone then must do with a group, but i guess that idea never come to your mind. I remembered someone said this game not balanced about teamplay but it's just the way you cover your selfish to play the game easily and alone with the god named Vaal Pact
Remove the keystone and replace it with a gem with balances made?
Make it a support that only supports certain weapons or attacks?

This will remove the ability for ranged characters who are probably making it the most broken. It will remove a gem from a 6l item and will then lower the damage to trade off for better defences.

Limit the amount recovered on the gem and scale up until its 20/20 and add scaling on the tree or scale in an ascendency.

I don't like this keystone, I tried it before and didn't like the playstyle, but many do like it and have used it for years. It just needs a rework, but not nerfed to the ground.
"
cuocdoitan wrote:
Dudeeee! We lost 3 pages for you guys to prove who is a pro Vaal Pact player, and it also say that you guys are really Vaal Pact addicts now.....
You found out that the game hard to survive, you need a solution, and thank GGG, you can be a damage dealer and tanker with a single node..what else is better ?

Why the effect 'Taunt' exist in this game ? You think it's for summoner to make themselves to become a meat shield for their minions ? It's for tankers to protect the team !
Also i think almost us popular with the word 'auramancer'? You accept it as a slave but not as a supporter ?
When you can't do stuffs alone then must do with a group, but i guess that idea never come to your mind. I remembered someone said this game not balanced about teamplay but it's just the way you cover your selfish to play the game easily and alone with the god named Vaal Pact

You sir, are absolutely wrong.

I might have tested VP once, but Im not aware of having a VP char in my list.
Profile is open, go ahead an check if you like to. Calling me a VP addict is far from the truth.

I will repeat what I posted in many of those "I hate VP, remove it" threads:
VP needs to exist, as long as GGGs dmg scaling in endgame is as absurd as it is right now.
The endgame dmg spikes are NOT designed around VP only (they usually run around with 6-7k lifepools), but also around regen tanks like RF builds with 11-12k lifepools. Thats roughly twice as much as a VP char would have.

So any hit dealing 7k+ dmg, will kill most VP characters instantly, but it wont kill regen tanks.
They pretty much wont give a shit. They´ll pot, leech and regen through and only need to move, if we are talking about rapid succession hits - so called burst dmg.
Thats the only scenario a VP char would survive a dmg spike and a regen tank would not.

Doesnt change the fact, that every single other build without VP or massive regen taking this much dmg would have died pretty much instantly. So please spare me the myth, that the removal of VP would motivate GGG to reduce endgame dmg.

But following your thought train: After removing VP and regen tanks (it has to be on your agenda as well, if you want GGG to reduce endgame dmg), the majority of the playerbase will simply run minion and totem builds to avoid the incoming dmg. They´ll do fine and your build wont.
Your build will do as good/bad as it does right now and nothing will change - except you ruined a bunch of builds. And because your build still isnt performing better, you´ll turn against minion and totem builds. You have to. Because once they are nerfed to the ground, GGG finally will reduce the endgame dmg - thats what people propagating the removal of VP love to tell.

In the end, after you and the rest of the "Nerf brigade" removed a shitload of builds, GGG finally might reduce the endgame dmg. It might even be reduced to zero dmg, because they have to shut down servers for lacking funds.

And finally perfect balance is achieved.
Except the game is dead at his point, it sounds like a great idea.
"
Orbaal wrote:

VP needs to exist, as long as GGGs dmg scaling in endgame is as absurd as it is right now.
The endgame dmg spikes are NOT designed around VP only (they usually run around with 6-7k lifepools), but also around regen tanks like RF builds with 11-12k lifepools. Thats roughly twice as much as a VP char would have.

I don't think the damage scaling in endgame is "designed around" anything.

GGG don't have a balance team meeting and decide that "endgame may only be survived with VP and regen tanks".

GGG just let the number scale up and up, and then look what ways players find to deal with this amount of damage. Then maybe they adjust some numbers, maybe they don't.

3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519
"
Peterlerock wrote:
"
Orbaal wrote:

I don't think the damage scaling in endgame is "designed around" anything.

GGG don't have a balance team meeting and decide that "endgame may only be survived with VP and regen tanks".

GGG just let the number scale up and up, and then look what ways players find to deal with this amount of damage. Then maybe they adjust some numbers, maybe they don't.

Sadly this might be true
if you nerf VP you'll see nothing but totem and miner builds with either insane hp stacking or MOM

many builds need VP to stand toe to to with the endgame content

just because a couple builds abuse it too well (berserker comes to mind) doesnt mean overall it's a good thing

if you nerf VP, berserker will just be even better due to the tons of hp nodes near them and the innate leech they got anyway

but you'll kill any attack based build that doesnt go over 6k hp
Last edited by shaunika90 on Oct 5, 2017, 7:03:56 AM
"
Orbaal wrote:
"
cuocdoitan wrote:

You sir, are absolutely wrong.

I might have tested VP once, but Im not aware of having a VP char in my list.
Profile is open, go ahead an check if you like to. Calling me a VP addict is far from the truth.

So any hit dealing 7k+ dmg, will kill most VP characters instantly, but it wont kill regen tanks.
They pretty much wont give a shit. They´ll pot, leech and regen through and only need to move, if we are talking about rapid succession hits - so called burst dmg.
Thats the only scenario a VP char would survive a dmg spike and a regen tank would not.

Doesnt change the fact, that every single other build without VP or massive regen taking this much dmg would have died pretty much instantly. So please spare me the myth, that the removal of VP would motivate GGG to reduce endgame dmg.

But following your thought train: After removing VP and regen tanks (it has to be on your agenda as well, if you want GGG to reduce endgame dmg), the majority of the playerbase will simply run minion and totem builds to avoid the incoming dmg. They´ll do fine and your build wont.
Your build will do as good/bad as it does right now and nothing will change - except you ruined a bunch of builds. And because your build still isnt performing better, you´ll turn against minion and totem builds. You have to. Because once they are nerfed to the ground, GGG finally will reduce the endgame dmg - thats what people propagating the removal of VP love to tell.

In the end, after you and the rest of the "Nerf brigade" removed a shitload of builds, GGG finally might reduce the endgame dmg. It might even be reduced to zero dmg, because they have to shut down servers for lacking funds.

And finally perfect balance is achieved.
Except the game is dead at his point, it sounds like a great idea.
exactly.
Btw. I have character with 4300 hp lv. 95 glass cannon. Im dying in from one hit in every red maps with harder mods. I don't mind because I'm having fun and that's matter. So vp don't protect me from dying. Vp is absolutely no OP and no need to be changed. Also i have lv. 100 character with perfect defences but it's NOT a fun killing every easy boss 3 minutes and guardians 10. That's not fun anymore.
Last edited by Kastmar on Oct 5, 2017, 7:45:41 AM
"
shaunika90 wrote:
if you nerf VP you'll see nothing but totem and miner builds with either insane hp stacking or MOM

I think it will happen with some players, not all. People don't play for farming like a machine only
"
Also i have lv. 100 character with perfect defences but it's NOT a fun killing every easy boss 3 minutes and guardians 10. That's not fun anymore.

how the heck you can play a not fun build to lv 100 ????
Last edited by cuocdoitan on Oct 5, 2017, 8:35:27 AM
"
Kastmar wrote:
Or they could make VP leech only for melee attack. Because melee need some protection. Melee doesn't have range advantage.

All the commonly used melee skills have some range to them...

And what are casters supposed to do if your suggestion was to be implemented, I'd delete my Occultists instantly since she'd be absolutely useless.
Currently being stalked around these forums by some clowns who caught feelings over being called out at being grossly inept at their job.
"
cuocdoitan wrote:
"
shaunika90 wrote:

I think it will happen with some players, not all. People don't play for farming like a machine only
"
Also i have lv. 100 character with perfect defences but it's NOT a fun killing every easy boss 3 minutes and guardians 10. That's not fun anymore.

how the heck you can play a not fun build to lv 100 ????
because they nerfed damage output and double boss life. So fun is over. Currently doing only trials and uber lab with it.
Last edited by Kastmar on Oct 5, 2017, 8:57:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info