Vaal Pact - The node make the game imbalance

1 week ago, after saw this news https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2008293 ,i just thought berserker was perfect and everyone chose it.
But after that, i watched dozens of clip build on youtube, and also build of the week i found out that almost the build's passive skill tree come to VAAL PACT, no matter how far your initilize class away from that node. And i remembered the news above and released that berserker not too op, the op is the node make berserker run his ass off to.....
Is this game survive because of this node only ?
Last edited by cuocdoitan on Oct 4, 2017, 5:57:03 AM
Last bumped on Oct 10, 2017, 9:23:03 AM
The thing is; they (GGG) are hellbent on making a game with huge spikes of damage that brings you from 8000 to 10 life in a nanosecond, if it doesn't kill you instantly. Without Vaal Pact, certain high level content and tough map mods becomes (close) to impossible to run, unless you focus 80% of your nodes on defenses.

Before someone goes all "BULLSHIT!! My Essence Drain..." - yes, there are builds, especially DoT builds, that do not need or benefit from Vaal Pact, but they are more of an exception than a rule. In addition to that, you have Slayer leech and some MoM builds that can do fine without it.

GGG even design their game around the ability to instant logout - to be able design bosses as they do; dangerous. Without the ability to heal instantly between hits, a HUGE portion of the build pool becomes obsolete.

Do I agree with these design decisions? No. Do I view Vaap Pact as a brilliant node when it comes to design? No. But removing it now would force them to rebalance the whole game - from A to Z, from top to toe. And I do not think that is a very good idea.

What they could do, on the other hand, is to nerf Vaap Pact a little bit. Either reduction to the effectiveness or bring back the old "can't use health potions" part of the node. Because as it is now, everything has to be designed with Vaap Pact in mind, which - in my eyes - makes "everything" a tad more boring.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Oct 4, 2017, 7:05:07 AM
"
Phrazz wrote:

What they could do, on the other hand, is to nerf Vaap Pact a little bit. Either reduction to the effectiveness or bring back the old "can't use health potions" part of the node. Because as it is now, everything has to be designed with Vaap Pact in mind, which - in my eyes - makes "everything" a tad more boring.

Almost every VP build doesnt use life pots , maybe for lab traps , so that wont make big diference.
And i disagree , all they need to do for game balance after VP removal is remove the ability of mobs to crit , all those damage spikes are crits , i once got 1 shot in uber lab by Izaro after face tanking him taking no damage with 11 k hp, this is why its so hard to balance your damage and defences as you will still get 1 shot with 10k + efrective hp , this is why now META is kill before they can even get close to you.
Simple fix buff all mobs damage by 20-50%(needs testing) and remive crit mechanic from them.
I have 783 builds in my poe.planner
I played 3 of those in the last 2 years
Please more 1 shot mechanics so
i reduce it to 1 . Thank you.
"
kshuxxx wrote:

Almost every VP build doesnt use life pots , maybe for lab traps , so that wont make big diference.
And i disagree , all they need to do for game balance after VP removal is remove the ability of mobs to crit , all those damage spikes are crits , i once got 1 shot in uber lab by Izaro after face tanking him taking no damage with 11 k hp, this is why its so hard to balance your damage and defences as you will still get 1 shot with 10k + efrective hp , this is why now META is kill before they can even get close to you.
Simple fix buff all mobs damage by 20-50%(needs testing) and remive crit mechanic from them.

Is that all they have to do? What about all the items, mechanics, flask and nodes that is built around monsters criting? And would this change be the same for all defenses; evasion and armor? I think this change would hurt evasion more than armor. Difficult.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
I think everyone already forgot what party is in this game ? So hard to survive ? Then group up!!! Support each other with aura,curse and the one use warcry to taunt may become a tanker....VP make you so perfect and break the teammate in game
"
cuocdoitan wrote:
I think everyone already forgot what party is in this game ? So hard to survive ? Then group up!!! Support each other with aura,curse and the one use warcry to taunt may become a tanker....VP make you so perfect and break the teammate in game

This game is absolutely not balanced about teamplay.. They might think about it a little when they make new stuff, but they do not balance around it.
I'm fairly new to the game but I couldn't agree more about Vaal Pact - it certainly seems to be the only way to survive most of the high end content for a lot of builds.

Ultimately I think the game needs to be reworked to have more benefit from the defensive nodes. When I first started the game, I thought armor would be a key to helping me survive, but after doing some research I discovered it's almost useless against high burst damage. I assume evasion/ES/block builds suffer from the same problem.

Seems like tons of life + insane dps + vaal pact is the only way to survive for a lot of builds in the end game. As another poster mentioned, it's a tough problem to re-work. You can nerf vaal pact, but then you end up with almost no builds being viable without either reducing monster damage or improving the benefits of other defensive stats.
VP can not leave the game until GGG re balances the entire game from the ground up starting with base mob damage, damage scaling under map affixes and reflect as a whole.

They dug themselves into this hole and they should find a better way to get themselves out of it other than lining the hole with the corpses of their devoted player base who are only trying to play the game optimally.

Stop punishing players for using mechanics mandated by your alt-f4/rip-fest game design.

For the rabid mass band wagoning the removal of VP without understanding how the game evolved around it: you are part of the reason why the game has taken such a massive downward spiral in terms of balance and diversity since 2.6.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Oct 4, 2017, 10:30:55 AM
"
kshuxxx wrote:
"
Phrazz wrote:

Almost every VP build doesn't use life pots

WTF are you smoking??
If you've never used VP, stop suggesting how it functions.
With the insane spike's and half dozen volatile's every freaking map,you HAVE to use pots with VP.
Can't leech aoe clouds. How do you think we heal with Desecrated ground?

Trying doing a 20 qual map with 5 sextants active,and run into 2xharbinger+breach+beyond popping.
Ever do a t16 Phoenix with a freaking harbinger and ghost in the boss room??
Ever cyclone through a mob and get so many stacks of bleed,6200 health to 0, you die before you can pot?

They nerfed ES
Now you want them to nerf VP.
People are saying take away crits.
How about the mobs do no damage? That would be boring as hell.

"VP make you so perfect and break the teammate in game"

Teammate, you mean someone to carry you?
Then find a carry and stop begging for the game to be dumbed down for your spec.
I don't want to party, go back to wow if you need a tank to carry your broken spec.

It's not hard to watch builds and videos and get a good build.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8StCqpo3vxM Only expensive if you make it that way.

The problem is a lot of new players think they can just spec whatever and do end game.
Then call for nerfs because a broke build and sub-par gear keeps dying.

Everyone wants end game play on day 2 and massive chaos drops.
Guess what? It takes work.

Mathil,Pohx,Liftingnerd,Zizaran make it look easy?

They all have dedicated friends/groups and gangs of followers helping. They also understand the difference in wording:%life vs flat life.
Another thing that confuses and fails new players.

Learn to play.

I've been playing since beta. I learn something every day.
This is the first league i tried Shaper and got him down to 1/3 life.
Couple try's and i could drop him but i dont NEED to, like some of you.

"
cuocdoitan wrote:
1 week ago, after saw this news https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2008293 ,i just thought berserker was perfect and everyone chose it.
But after that, i watched dozens of clip build on youtube, and also build of the week i found out that almost the build's passive skill tree come to VAAL PACT, no matter how far your initilize class away from that node. And i remembered the news above and released that berserker not too op, the op is the node make berserker run his ass off to.....
Is this game survive because of this node only ?
I have vp and I got one shot in every second red map. So what imbalance you talking about?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info