Personally I wish poe.trade would die so developers actually do something.

"
Then again they probably wouldn't even do anything.

I'm not convinced by this part PoE owe a lot of his popularity to poe.trade and third party tools that has been released / improved around game's release.
Soo sticking without any indexers ( somebody will replace poe.trade in no time if it happens ), the game would clearly have a really big issue.

Obviously if you talk about indexers in general GGG would provide one themselves.

I wishe some improvements could come but i wouldn't see it dying or even replaced, just improvements .. the right ones.
Hf :)
"
AsbelFar wrote:
"
EnkerZan wrote:
And what is it you want them to do?

They could buy poe.trade :D

They don't need to "buy" anything, as poe.trade uses the API we all have access to use. The only data difference is that poe.trade has been storing the data for quite some time. But that doesn't matter much when a new league rolls around. Otherwise it's just a UI for the data, which is pretty easy to make if you want to invest the time.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 2, 2017, 9:02:25 AM
We can make it die if we make the effort together. Just link random-ass shit for a week at prices that are way too low and leave your PoE running. If >100 people do that, trading will become impossible.

Try searching for Dark Mage cards, trading for that is already pretty impossible, and that is just one person.
Remove Horticrafting station storage limit.
"
KOrchann wrote:
I think it would b fun if poe.trade die;) all t flippers crying about it. lol yes plz make it happen:D

Yeah but you would hurt legit people in a crossfire that's not exactly a fun time.
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Last edited by Coconutdoggy on Oct 2, 2017, 12:17:47 PM
I really think that the xbox trading system is the level of trade accessibility GGG desires (based on their previous comments).

1) Trading for uniques is rather easy. So build enabling uniques are easy to price and relatively easy to buy (assuming players are mapping and finding the items in maps).

2) GGG wants us to pick up items and find items. Rares fit this perfectly on xbox since finding rares, for min/max purposes, on the xbox trade boards is a pretty futile effort. (no specific filtering).

The main issue with xbox is that there is 0 market fluidity because there is no real central way to determine the value of base currency. (no poe.ninja or currency.poe.trade for reference). Since noboby knows what an exalt is worth in relation to a fuse or chaos, everything is priced crazy high.

Right now players are trading fusing 1:1 on xbox. I've seen exalts as high as 90c and low as 37c. There is no way to tell how much you are actually spending. It's like going to the gas station, but all of your paper currency and coins are the same exact size with no printing on them.

When players have no baseline, they are even MORE reluctant to sell items since they don't want to rip themselves off.

I have a level 88 marauder on xbox right now, mostly SSF with some small trades for uniques.

I can say that the direct port onto xbox from pc without the proper QOL changes needed for a console port make the PC developers look very dumb. There are just so many small things that are fucked up on xbox that PC players have taken for granted for a really, really long time.

The xbox version of the game is not bad but is not good either. It feels like a "crappy console port" since the controls are still very clunky. Aiming with skills is meh at best. Movement like shield charge and leap slam are fucking awful and only fixed-distance move skills feel okayish (flame dash/WB).

(sorry... went off on a tangent with some frustrations)

GGG lost sight of what makes POE, POE. The lead developer has stated that POE is a monster-killing game with trading. The sad reality is POE has become a trading game that has monsters to kill as an afterthought. If this was a monster-killing game, then that alone should let you amass the necessary resources to make any build you want in this game.

When killing monsters takes you 1000 (or more) hours to complete a complex build, and trading can take you less than 72 hours for the same exact build, you know the GGG devs have lost control of their intended trade mechanic.

The "trade for items" vs "find my items" balance is way off in the game and the console version of the game confirms it.
Last edited by Prizy on Oct 2, 2017, 12:22:32 PM
If poe.trade goes, a bunch of people will very quickly realize poeapp is better. Then someone else will come up with something better than poeapp and so on.
"
Barivius wrote:
If poe.trade goes, a bunch of people will very quickly realize poeapp is better. Then someone else will come up with something better than poeapp and so on.

poeapp is faster, I'll give you that, but I hate, hate, hate the UI for it. Way too much scrolling with poeapp. I'll take poe.trade any day over it. However, I do like the last online hover-over feature of poeapp.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Oct 2, 2017, 1:57:05 PM
"
"
KOrchann wrote:
I think it would b fun if poe.trade die;) all t flippers crying about it. lol yes plz make it happen:D

Yeah but you would hurt legit people in a crossfire that's not exactly a fun time.

Aye I know all of us will suffer, I buy most of my gear.. But it would b fun :D t other thing is what would GGG do? Who knows.. I think even GGG don't know what to do.. Otherwise they would make some steps for some trading system...
GL&HF
"There is only one true god in PoE and that is Greed... "

I don’t need anger management, I need people to stop pissing me off!
"
Then again they probably wouldn't even do anything.
Ding ding ding, we have a winner! Sorry, no prizes in this game.
Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang Bang
An in-game shop indexer where you can find items fast and jsut buy them without the need to go to others people hideout or mb even w8 for them to finish that lab run would be nice. Just put restrictions on the amount of items that someone can list/buy per day and a time that the item needs to stay in the market before you can take it out of the list. This way people that only list to price manipulate the market while not actually atending any whspers would be erased completely. Include the need to app confirmation to avoid bots and that type of stuff. The limit for items that you can trade per day could increase for each premium tab you have or something like that I think it would be much better and would make listing items that are one alchemy or two worth it. Since you don't have to leave the map you are on to trade the buyer for one alchemy.

I'm talking about a poe.trade inside the actual game where instead of clicking "whisper" you click "buy" instead and simply hit the app confirmation on your phone and that's it. Items you list on your premium public stash are a locked for let's say 10 minutes before you can move them or list them again. For currency pretty much the same just click your fusings stack and select buyout amouts or even put a limit on how many orbs you want to sell from the full stack.
Being able to seletc where the currency or items that you buy goes after your purchase would be nice as well.

When you sell an item a message would appear in the chat telling you who bought your item, the item bought and the amount paid. A market "historial" would not be bad either.
"In this game you're just a cow being milked, not a human being entertained" - Kiss_Me_Quick
Last edited by IIPheXII on Oct 2, 2017, 4:59:59 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info