I googled how to paint. Did it work?

Two years ago, After wasting $400 on hiring a professional to paint a cover for my Inevitable Ascension novel, I decided to try doing it myself.

I think people might enjoy seeing the progression:

The one I paid for:
Spoiler

My first attempt:
Spoiler

My second attempt:
Spoiler

My final attempt:
Spoiler
Last bumped on Oct 16, 2017, 2:48:04 AM
Pretty cool to see the improvement with each attempt, awesome work!
Have you thought about changing occupations?
For years i searched for deep truths. A thousand revelations. At the very edge...the ability to think itself dissolves away.Thinking in human language is the problem. Any separation from 'the whole truth' is incomplete.My incomplete concepts may add to your 'whole truth', accept it or think about it
"
SkyCore wrote:
Have you thought about changing occupations?

Oooo, a scary question... :S Do you mean *to* an artist or *from* an artist....?
I like your second attempt best.
"Gratitude is wine for the soul. Go on. Get drunk." Rumi
US Mountain Time Zone
Personally, I prefer the one made by the artist, but the third one is also great, it's just the style I don't like.
Build of the week #9 - Breaking your face with style http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v_EcQDOUN9Y
IGN: Poltun
Cool progress, keep up the hard work!

As someone who progressed because of GGG contest I can but applaud your effort.

This was my last entry for last season contest:

This was one maybe 1 years before?

And this was I think one of the first contest I participated

maybe 3 years ago I can t remember.

In between lot of art more or less crappy but it made me improve.

Bottom line is don t give up and test yourself with all those pro. You will get ashamed to compare yourself to them, you will despair, you will want to fight and improve and little by little you will get better.

Keep up the nice work!

ps: I am preparing for this season contest... Well looking at already posted art I won t be happy again this season lol . But I won t give up HA!
Poe Pvp experience
https://youtu.be/Z6eg3aB_V1g?t=302
Last edited by Head_Less on Sep 29, 2017, 3:08:24 AM
I bought some art not long ago just because.
Maybe they fucking did it right.
Maybe it's a piece of shit.
"
鬼殺し wrote:

I definitely wouldn't call the commission a 'waste' of money. Looks like several hours of work to me at least.

Good point. Perhaps 'waste' is a bit harsher than what I meant. I didn't end up using it for the cover, but I can recognize they have some serious talent.
I just hope you didn't google how to write.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info