[Sept 18] PvP

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/27874/highlight/

Like the person in the post in the link provided above I leening towards it beeing an interesting idea.

I dont think you should earn anything though, in pvp mode its all about the skills youve earned, in game and you know the clicking skills.

im realising that the concept is perhaps to grande and it might overshadow the intentions of the game but there could be in special tournaments then? ah well just speculating in quick thoughts a friday afternoon...

great way for teambased fighting.
"
Copy/Pasted from End Game thread:

I am sure you guys already have PvP planned out in your heads, or partially working, but I thought I would toss this idea out there anyways.

The first MMO I played was Dark Age of Camelot. Anyone that has played that knows how great the PvP was in that game. 3 realms all with different classes fighting over keeps to unlock a dungeon with good gear drops for their realm.

Now I know this game is not DAoC, but it does not mean the PvP can't be transformed to work in a game like this. I have always wanted to see something like this in the ARPG genre.

The way I imagine it is 3 teams(each with colored armor representing their team) of 5-10 players battling for keeps with a main castle in the center. The castle would have a chest that unlocked if you held control of it for a set amount of time. Controlling your keeps would upgrade the castle with a fortified door, interactive siege weapons, etc. Losers would be ported out and winning team takes the loot.

Everyone could still get something out of it though, like ranking points to unlock gear, players could drop orb shards on death, etc.

Now from a technical standpoint, I could see where this would be unlikely to add to the game. I would still think it is completely awesome if it did exist though, and had to throw that idea out there. I think it would be more strategic than just hacking away at some guy that may or may not have better gear than you.

Thanks for making an amazing game!

I dont know about that game or the PVP style, but It does sound like it would be fun! I could see something like this pan out where there IS a chest in the center and the battle for it... They would have to fix loot timers for that though, however, I could see something like each team gets a "Key" in their spawn and the team to collect all three opens the chest.. That way there is a little bounty hunter game mixed in and this would also require alot of teammwork.

The castle thing sounds cool too but I dont know how well it would mix into the game..

CTF is always a good option.

I think "life based" team games can be fun where each team gets a certain amount of lives... or also just pure slayer games could be fun.. I picture here like a BIG randomized forest where each team has a "spawn" location and you just roam around till you find a player(s) and kill... Creates a little exploration to it.
sounds cool
I own diablo 1,2 and 3 on battle.net and i own world of warcraft and path of exile is alot better i would apriciate a beta key cause i want to help developing the game
Even just simple mods for the different types pvp,
such as
friendly - when the player dies they are just ported back to town
for keeps - when they die they drop all their gear, ane hc plyers are sent to default

And for multipul respawn game types just let the winning team execute the lossing team at the end of the match, and then loot the gear from there or
in the case of a friendly match just to give the winning team some form of reward

PvP is always a great deal of online gaming... and if it keeps up players will be interested in competing with others.
Read through every post, and never see this mentioned (and perhaps already in place).

+/- 10 levels can fight each other, so this can prevent high level character abusing low level area. In the exception of PvP Arena (or places where players agree to fight higher or lower level).

Personally, I prefer PvPvE. GvG instead of RvR.
Last edited by markshiu on Aug 14, 2012, 10:02:20 AM
Ummm.. so about an evasion shadow playing against resolute technique marauder whats up with that >.<
IGN:IGotABigStick

Shameless advertising:
Visit my hand picked rares item mall!
[url]http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/84021[/url]
I didn't find an official statement on the question: Will the end-game maps will be invaded ?

Planning to play on the HC-CoT league i'm afraid those end-game maps couldn t be invaded.

So no more open PvP after lvl 60+ cuz every players will XP ONLY on those maps :x

Thank you for your answer ! Oh and will we loose our char on PvP modes excepted open one ? I mean could we loose our char on HC Arena ?
"
markshiu wrote:

TYFMIUFPWLKOPOET

Thank You For Making It Understandable For Players With Less Knowlegde Of Path Of Exile Terms
Last edited by Startkabels on Sep 10, 2012, 9:37:02 AM
"
markshiu wrote:
Read through every post, and never see this mentioned (and perhaps already in place).

+/- 10 levels can fight each other, so this can prevent high level character . In the exception of PvP Arena (or places where players agree to fight higher or lower level).

10 levels is a lot when your a low level,needs more refining than that.I think ranking is better where you get matched with players with similar skill.When you win matches you go up a rank when you lose you go down a rank.This would enable high skilled players to challenge themselves by playing at lower level.

"
abusing low level area

What's an area got to do with PvP?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info