[Sept 18] PvP

Ive never been a huge fan of PVP but I do see it's appeal and I am looking forward to this because it is kind of separated from the "normal" game, I do hope there are "RVR" type matches where 2 factions represent different encampments and are trying to conquer the others, a take on capture the flag might be kind of fun due to the speed boosts and other perks this game has.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
tbh I never done much pvp in D2 and I would rly enjoy giving it a try in POE
In order to maximize the feedback and minimize the noise a hybrid solution of what "velrac" wrote would be better in my opinion:

Have some brackets over a period of time with pre-generated characters and the option to buy gear and gems. After every fight/match the opponents must rate who's was the most overpowered and why.

A pvp reward of the game will be handed only after those 2 questions are submitted. Anyone can play as many games without submitting the answers and his punishment would be that all his fighting is in vein.

The players who provided feedback all the time will receive a non combat pet or some visual reward on their account as soon as the beta is over.

This is not bullet proof, comments like "QWEQWEQ" will be present, a lot of them, but they can be easily trimmed in a spreadsheet after.

I tend to think that if you find some kind of reward, the members of the community can help with the sorting if you provide the system. Something where they can demote the comments.
After that you get the spreadsheet from the players, filter by ranking, delete what the users have down ranked and 1/2 the job is done.

Still exploitable but I don't see how you can sort 20k reviews in a useful period of time + fixing it.
Last edited by settlersxp on Mar 5, 2012, 11:21:26 AM
"
wickedhood wrote:
Learn from the mistakes that Blizzard has made with ladder rankings and please make your system or ranking a true ELO system.

+1
Don't be like WoW and make PVP items that make characters invulnerable to things because it makes gameplay suck, unbalanced & overly repetitive in nature.
I love virtual brutality so save it for the Mobs...
so what about those "internal events?"
how often do they occur and where can i find the info about upcoming events?
I suggest a ffa battle at the end of the ladder races, including all the top 10 players :D
Then add an additional reward for the last survivor, of course ;)
Build of the week #2 : http://tinyurl.com/ce75gf4
Last edited by zriL on Mar 8, 2012, 12:00:37 PM
"
rafalrdz wrote:
so what about those "internal events?"
how often do they occur and where can i find the info about upcoming events?

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-forum/54

Races occur every week if we are lucky.
IGN @dime
Last edited by dime on Mar 8, 2012, 12:04:10 PM
With the focus of 0.9.7, I think it is safe to say that it is an important precursor to the pvp-part of the game.
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
lol still nothing no pvp... we are in march and we havnt even seen any pvp lol...... come on GGG

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info