I am back and lovin it

Took an almost 2 year break from PoE and so glad that I decided to come back and see what had been done. Needless to say, this game is so much better than when I first started playing it in beta.

My question is this, I have tried a few builds and am looking for a certain build. I play standard and am casual. My goal is to make currency so I can buy cool gear for my next new build. I have generally found that maps are the easiest way to achieve this. I am also a little lazy, so I generally like builds that don't require a ton of attention or sequential key work. I do have a programmable mouse, so I tie macros to the buttons for quick pressing of multiple keys (i.e. multiple flasks).

I started back with ancestral warchief build. Got my guy to 91 and its solid. A little crazy having to drop and run but it can do everything I like. I then moved to the RF build and got that guy to 90. This one I love because it speaks to my laziness. I think it has a pretty fast clear speed (I usually do T11 or T13 maps) but I keep reading about builds with "1 min clears". Now I will never be a 1 min clear guy because I stop and pick up too much. That being said, is there a fast clear speed build that 1. you don't have to be crazy attentive to and 2. doesn't cost a ton (more than 100ex) to get end game gear for (I don't mind that it uses legacy items as long as they aren't terribly expensive).

Thx for the help.
Last bumped on Sep 22, 2017, 10:59:01 AM
welcome back

well tons of low-medium budget builds can clear maps very fast (visit the classes section for inspiration or full guides), but the key to making currency is being effective, to spend most the time clearing maps rather than looting or managing stashes. This means picking up only the stuff that has already some value or potential to be good when identified. Good loot filter can help you with that. I expect only really good items sell in Standard as the market is overflooded with items and the demand is low..

btw, macros that perform multiple actions (like activating multiple flasks) are against the rules and you can get banned for that.

IGN: Eric_Lindros
CET: Timezone
Last edited by Ludvator on Sep 22, 2017, 11:00:15 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info