Can any1 suggest a build where you just run and mobs die?

Cyclone - CoC - Discharge?

Cycloe - Mjöllnir - Discharge?

Hold right mouse button = win^^
Playing a flame golem build this league. First time ever i'm able to clear all content as casual player. Besides moving i hardly press any buttons.
"
SketchyPete wrote:
Lookup a current Flame Golem build. I loved it. It's really fun and the barrage of fireballs from off screen looks reeeeally cool. It's not completely brainless as you will need to cast ball lightning in the direction you want your golems to attack (if they aren't attacking the part of the map you want them to). Also, the golems need some direction from you until you have the jewel that makes the golems aggressive. Once you get that you can half pay attention and watch tv while you play.

It's probably the easiest build for boss killing because as an Elementalist your golems will be immune to elemental damage. With all their tankyness the only boss that can kill your golems will be the Minotaur Guardian. Shaper and every other boss will die to your golems and cannot kill your golems. It's pretty OP because even while you're just a corpse on the ground, your golems will continue to kill the boss. If they're under-powered it just takes longer, but they cannot die.

I tried to help 3 guys doing Phoenix when I was still leveling my Flame Golem character up. The boss had four times the normal hp because there were 4 players doing the map. We died to the Phoenix and it took my golems 50 min to kill the boss while they afk'd. It was hilarious. Probably my best PoE memory. Not sure if there was a portal left for them to loot the boss but that shit was funny.

Below is a link to some guy doing the Phoenix Guardian and the map leading up to it. He just dies (intentionally I think) and just waits for his golems to kill the Phoenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnJ8V2jYvA

If you want to see my character, it's the one named Bonnie_Bones in standard. (I was gonna be a vanilla summoner until I discover this build, hence the name.)

Interesting idea, yeah forgot about golems :)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Prepare to spend a billion dollars for Golemancer builds, sadly. The Primordial jewels required to make them work are hellaciously expensive, considering you need five or six of them to make the build actually click. Low-stress/click, perhaps. Low-dollar, not on your life. Golemancer is one of the most expensive builds remaining in PoE that I'm aware of, insofar as floor-of-entry goes.
"
1453R wrote:
Prepare to spend a billion dollars for Golemancer builds, sadly. The Primordial jewels required to make them work are hellaciously expensive, considering you need five or six of them to make the build actually click. Low-stress/click, perhaps. Low-dollar, not on your life. Golemancer is one of the most expensive builds remaining in PoE that I'm aware of, insofar as floor-of-entry goes.

To get rolling, you need Clayshapers and a Tabula. *shrug*
Harmonies are nice, and plenty affordable. Level 20 Gem is far from unaffordable.
You only need one Might for the Anime Stone - expensive, but Golems are plenty strong to accrue that much on just Clayshapers.

The ceiling for Golemancers is ridiculously expensive though, that's for certain. A second Might (not nearly as mandatory as one might think), level 21 Gems, lv3/4 Empower, all good rolls on Harmonies, that kinda stuff. It's insane. The floor though? Not that bad.
Last edited by Vipermagi on Sep 22, 2017, 11:02:42 AM
I must've missed the memo on modern Golemancers. I keep hearing Elementalist for them despite the fact that Elementalist has exactly one node relevant to Golemancers, and all the Witch builds I'm seeing in the class forum build list are still Necromancers with piles of Primordial jewels. Now they don't even need Primordials?

Anyone happen to have a link to one of these Cheap Modern Badass Golemancers so I know what the deal is with this junk?
The class forums only show a fully decked-out build, so of course they run a pile of Primordials - but they're not required to start the build. You're only looking at the ceiling and determining the floor of entry based on that, which is exceptionally deceptive.
Well yeah, "build guide" posts are as much brag threads as build guides, but I'm still not sure why one would bother with Elementalist over Necromancer for a Golemancer. As tough as elemental immunity might make the things and as handy as an extra golem is, going from four to five golems is a lot less useful than going from one to two, or from two to three, and you pay for that elemental immunity with damn near half of your damage and also every other Ascendancy point you get being largely pointless.

I didn't know if golems could get into mapping without Primordials. Have always wanted to try the build but never done, because of course every single build guide ever written says "perfect for newbies/cheapoes!" without any actual idea what that means, so yeah - I generally just ignore them when they say it. Prolly my bad. Still. If I wasn't all-in right now on trying to make a Thunderpunch variant work that might be an interesting experiment.

Not that such is the point of this thread. Enough threadjacking from me, I suppose. OP - play Righteous Fire. It's what you want, and right now it's even actually good.
Myeah taking a break from PoE atm, gets kinda boring after a while :p
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
"
Paldamus wrote:
Myeah taking a break from PoE atm, gets kinda boring after a while :p

The part that bores me is the whole, "Build diversity is an illusion, exile" thing.

What I mean is not that there is actually no build diversity, but that the vast majority require such an insane amount of life/es nodes that there aren't many points for the fun stuff--damage and unique interactions. I'm firmly of the opinion that this is due to how poorly balanced enemy damage is--especially bosses--and that a big part of this is because armor falls off late game, and evasion is RNG. Nerfing tons of stuff doesn't help either, such as Enduring Cry to not work with CWDT, so we have a super tedious system where you have to frantically click "required" flasks and ignore probably 80% of the uniques in the game for the few that give you a strong enough defensive boost to not get 1-shot.

It's all very tiresome. I want glass cannon builds to be viable. I want hybrid builds to be useful. I hate feeling like I have to tank the hell out before I can even consider how I want to deal damage with a character. The spiky damage from bosses makes them not even fun--they either 1-shot you, or do nothing.

Just my opinion anyway. I never had the patience to get into the top tier maps, ubers, or any other of the very far end-game content, because it's just too expensive and slows down gameplay so harshly.
Tired of trolls? Ignore them.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1473168
Last edited by Albinosaurus on Sep 23, 2017, 7:34:03 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info