Can any1 suggest a build where you just run and mobs die?

Interested to see what kind of builds will be recommended. Tired of clicking the mouse buttons a million times per minute or holding/releasing them all the time, it's really not so good for your hands too. So can you name builds, which take this clicking frenzy to a minimum and where you just pretty much run around and mobs die? :D (was thinking about RF, but wanna see what other suggestions ppl can come up with)
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Sep 21, 2017, 2:52:51 PM
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2017, 10:55:24 AM
Abberath's hooves and heralds can do it but you cant kill bosses for shit.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
If playing the game is too bothersome why not just save yourself the trouble. Watch streamers play and pretend it's you. Then you don't even have to move.
RF like you said, abberaths like nephalim said, or there are couple "autobomber" builds that use cast while damage taken. Of the choice RF or even RF+abberaths is the best, the autobombers are kinda meh.
Righteous Fire sounds like exactly what you want and it's part of the meta right now, capable of handling any content. I assume you've at least peeked at how RF works since you mentioned it, but I'll give a rundown anyway.

RF is basically a fire damage 'aura' (not technically an aura) that does damage based on your max life. That gives it a huge base damage that synergizes with stacking life, but as a downside, it also does damage to you. That damage is fire damage, so you utilize methods of increasing max fire resists and then defeating the remaining damage with life regen.

Playing as RF, you can turn it on at the start of a map and literally not have to press another skill button until you change zones again. In practice though, unless you overgear the content, you'll want plow through things faster, and so you'll want to use flasks and utilize attacks on harder targets (like high HP rares and bosses) to soften them with elemental overloard and equilibrium (providing damage boosts for RF). You can utilize shield charge for that to allow for even more rapid movement across maps and greatly increased mobility (my favorite) or another attack like cyclone to trigger those effects.

RF builds with very high life and regen, as well as utilizing a shield (specific cheap unique shield) and high armor. This makes it a fairly tanky build. Uber lab is trivial. When bosses are too brutal to facetank, RF provides the incredible advantage of dealing damage without stopping to cast/attack. You can run circles around bosses until they die. Being able to evade attacks without having to plan your own attacks is an incredible defense in its own right. The extreme high max fire resist (88-89%) trivializes a lot of specific encounters and hazards as well.

The downside of RF is the mediocre single target DPS. RF generally tops out at around 400-500k dps with the best gear. You can more reasonably expect 100-300k depending on how long you seek out those final upgrades. That does mean the high end boss encounters will take a while. Of course, that is well balanced with having one of the quickest map clear times being able to charge across maps without stopping to attack as everything just dies around you.

There is a good guide on the Scion forums for the Scion version, which is what I based my build on
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1877277

Play Righteous Fire. It's the cheapest, easiest, probably strongest option for people who want to AFK. For best AFK potential, equip a Flame Dash/Lightning Warp > CWDT set-up so you can let CWDT move you around the map and further reduce your need to interact with the game. You could also hire a small child to move your character around the map for you while you watch and imbibe your beer.

More realistically and less scathingly...have you considered switching to the Xbone version of the game? Sticks make for less clicking than mouse; if you're concerned over repetitive motion injuries, analog stick control is likely smoother and Xbone controller functions are easier on the ol' meatpaws than most standard mouse-keyboard set-ups. If you don't want to use skills because you're tired of clicking, the Xbone version of the game may well be where it's @ for you.
"
Sinthetick wrote:
If playing the game is too bothersome why not just save yourself the trouble. Watch streamers play and pretend it's you. Then you don't even have to move.

No need to get salty mate, i've played enough and had enough chars and cleared almost the entire game. What's the point of watching a streamer, when you can play yourself lol... i'm just thinking about some build where you don't have to click 1 million times per hour, capiche?

@1453R
Lol at the small kid joke, yeah i don't have an xbox and i ain't gonna buy it for 1 game, but yeah that is a pretty good suggestion otherwise.

@Lemabelle - yeah thanks for the long post, but i'm fairly aware about what RF is about. Was just wondering if there's smth else too that ppl can think of, but otherwise thanks :) It certainly does fit what i'm looking for ey
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Sep 21, 2017, 7:10:54 PM
Righteous Fire.

Aberrath's Hooves.

Death's Oath, if you really want to be weird.

Alternately, totem builds. Click once or twice every few seconds and let the totem work. Still a lot more clicking than Righteous Fire, but also more varied.

Alternately, Baron Zombies build. Summon Zombies, let them click. You do in fact half to occasionally resummon Zombies, punch an Offering or two if you like, but for the most part you can make a Baron Zombies build that doesn't require anything from you except repositioning the horde.

Realistically, man? You're not generally going to get away with a completely clickless character in a video game which is controlled by clicking on things. A point-and-click hack/slash ARPG does in fact require clicks. You can work on minimizing them, Righteous Fire lets you do a pretty good job, but builds that do not require you to control them are going to be in a minority.
Hmm, blade vortex maybe. Or CWDT builds.
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
Lookup a current Flame Golem build. I loved it. It's really fun and the barrage of fireballs from off screen looks reeeeally cool. It's not completely brainless as you will need to cast ball lightning in the direction you want your golems to attack (if they aren't attacking the part of the map you want them to). Also, the golems need some direction from you until you have the jewel that makes the golems aggressive. Once you get that you can half pay attention and watch tv while you play.

It's probably the easiest build for boss killing because as an Elementalist your golems will be immune to elemental damage. With all their tankyness the only boss that can kill your golems will be the Minotaur Guardian. Shaper and every other boss will die to your golems and cannot kill your golems. It's pretty OP because even while you're just a corpse on the ground, your golems will continue to kill the boss. If they're under-powered it just takes longer, but they cannot die.

I tried to help 3 guys doing Phoenix when I was still leveling my Flame Golem character up. The boss had four times the normal hp because there were 4 players doing the map. We died to the Phoenix and it took my golems 50 min to kill the boss while they afk'd. It was hilarious. Probably my best PoE memory. Not sure if there was a portal left for them to loot the boss but that shit was funny.

Below is a link to some guy doing the Phoenix Guardian and the map leading up to it. He just dies (intentionally I think) and just waits for his golems to kill the Phoenix.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CWnJ8V2jYvA

If you want to see my character, it's the one named Bonnie_Bones in standard. (I was gonna be a vanilla summoner until I discover this build, hence the name.)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info