Increased latency for players connecting to the SG Gateway from The Philippines

There is currently an ongoing problem affecting players connecting to the Singapore Gateway from The Philippines.

Problems with ISP peering are causing routing to take a sub-optimal route, through either the US or Hong Kong. This increases the total round trip time significantly.

We have this escalated to our provider, who are attempting to contact the ISP(s) in order to have this resolved/improved. I'll add additional updates to this thread when I receive them.

September 15, 2017, 2:32 am:
"
I have received an email from one of the admins noting they will request internal approval to peer with us but I cannot guarantee this will happen. A little more digging shows that the ISP ISP Philippine Long Distance Company - AS9299 is selectively advertising ranges across Asia while only advertising 112.202.160.0/22 in the US causing the added latency even though they are using us in the return path to stay in Asia. This was noted to the provider in the email and hopefully they will accept the public peering. I will keep you posted. Again if you/your customer wants to contact their ISP on this issue and provide this information it may speed up the process.

September 14, 2017, 7:51 am:
"

This was escalated to me and unfortunately I do not have an immediate solution to the added latency. Your ISP Philippine Long Distance Company - AS9299-is not advertising any routes via any common internet exchanges we are mutually associated with or Tier 1 Transit providers (Level3/Telstra/etc) besides NTT in the US. Since they are only announcing their traffic in the US I have emailed your provider to peer with us in Asia at all common locations but I am getting email rejections from all admin contacts I can find associated with your IP(http://wq.apnic.net/whois-search/static/search.html?query=PHIX-NOC-AP). If you want to assist by contacting your provider since you are a customer of theirs on this issue/request I've made via email that may speed up the process. If you do create an internal case/ticket with them they can be expecting an email from peering@softlayer.com or they can contact us to set peering using the same email distribution. I will let you know if something changes on my end that I can help alleviate the latency.

Last edited by Fitzy_GGG on Sep 28, 2017, 5:12:20 PM
Last bumped on Oct 2, 2017, 4:52:02 PM
"
Seth_Ken wrote:
im using pldt too.. what can i tell them to speed up the process.. they're not really good in handling complaints.. but i will contact them.. do i just tell them my connection with the game is poor even if i'm wired?

You can send them the information in this thread regarding IBM-SoftLayer attempting to fix peering with them. Currently they are routed through telstra-hong kong before coming back to SEA.

I'll PM you a MTR from our server to your last IP address - this shows the less than ideal route.
The Indonesia route should now be improved. Please let me know if latency is still high after this change.
"
zuilde wrote:
Nothing changed and this is even worse, i died more than 10 times a day on harbringer.
Got lag spike every 5 seconds and rubber bending, japan little bit stable for me right now.
Other games and website is fine, but i find something strange.
I've been tested every single singapore servers and i got 200+ ping on couple server like SingTel.

I think this is ISP problem when connecting to your server, hope you can help with this.
Lag spikes and rubber bending already starts like 1 week, and also my friend got this problem too.

Can I get you to run another WinMTR? I would like to see how it's changed after our provider made changes.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info