one shot mechanics not enjoyable

I am officially done with this game. I really enjoy coming up with builds and then making them come to life, but the one shot mechanics throughout the leveling process has completely killed the game for me. To be honest, I greatly prefered 2.6 to 3.0. I would much rather play the same content over and over rather than go into ridiculous encounters having to make sure I am either incredibly overleveled and/or in insane twink gear. I know you do not balance your game around hardcore so it is simply a difference of what is important as to what I enjoy vs what GGG finds profitable. Non-harcore is simply far too easy and not challenging or creative enough to make interesting builds (IMO).

Thanks for the fun times.

Good luck.
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2017, 3:02:30 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
Highest lvl is 46 something is missing here
Dys an sohm
Rohs an kyn
Sahl djahs afah
Mah morn narr
Maybe he deletes his dead characters as soon as they die. that is what i do. i've never played any softcore and so looking at profile only sees currently active HC league guys (don't bother with normal HC either, delete them after they migrate to make room for more league toons)
oneshots while leveling

oh wow haha. Seriously wow. I wonder what you do if you ever get to red maps. Have you ever?

There are no oneshots while leveling.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.
When I'm levelling, I take it into account to always prepare several Bubblings.

Saves from 1 shots very often.
"Dead DPS is 0 DPS"

- Rules of Gaming
telegraphed one shots = don't stand there like a bloody idiot
everything else multiple hits over a short time = don't wade into shit when you don't know how to deal with it.

Also glass cannon is a thing, if you are derping and focusing on DPS then expect to get twatted.

And there is also what you are doing, gone full evasion, not particularly high amounts, next to no life investment on gear or the tree and next to no investment in evasion.
Using evasion will mean that you WILL GET HIT, you have no armour to mitigate the hits and not near enough life to soak it....and you are ranged so you are letting stuff get to close and positioning poorly.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Sep 20, 2017, 12:09:25 PM
Yeah, call everyone who is frustrated by the game with valid concerns an idiot, that will for sure increase the player-base.
"
twothe wrote:
Yeah, call everyone who is frustrated by the game with valid concerns an idiot, that will for sure increase the player-base.

^^ this.

At least someone have some humanity.

I see many got too deep in Exiles RP.. ;)
"
JOHN_RA wrote:
"
twothe wrote:

^^ this.

At least someone have some humanity.

I see many got too deep in Exiles RP.. ;)

they wouldn't if it was a valid concern, going by past experiences and then looking at the players gear and passive tree show that "one shots" are not his problem, but his build and gear is
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Last edited by lagwin1980 on Sep 20, 2017, 2:23:58 PM
That's not true, quite a few things can 1 shot you while leveling/aren't careful.

Some things that come to mind: kitava boss fight, doedre in conduits, maligaro fight, shavronne fight, a9 boss if your chaos res is -60 and you get hit by the knives, innocence bullet hell (depending on positioning), dd/explosion strongboxes, and malichai.

I played hardcore and I quit, I don't like how restricted the playstyle is, and I like doing all encounters. Many people who say softcore is too easy have never even done uber atziri or shaper yet they trivialize softcore anyway lmao.

IDK, at the end of the day I try my best not to die, but I also prefer a more casual playstyle which is why I went back to sc, it's a giant waste of time to level a char up to 80+ that you enjoyed playing and die to some rippy 1 shot and start over from square 1 in finding gear and leveling up. I don't really see the point, but different strokes for different folks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info