Only 0.33% of Xbox players hit 80...

https://imgur.com/gallery/zeI2k
Last bumped on Sep 26, 2017, 4:37:02 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
so far
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
I'm on that club and I did it hardcore. People are just bad at the game lol.
Who gives a fuck?
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Archwizard wrote:
Who gives a fuck?

Gonna guess GGG probably do.

This isn't surprising to me in the slightest. We've had years to adapt to PoE's vicissitudes. To learn its mechanics bit by bit. And we can always just alt-tab to the wiki.

Slamming this game onto a relatively 'casual' console like the Xbox one (okay, fine, consoles are mostly casual but the point stands) in its current state was not going to result in a particularly large number of people 'finishing' it (i.e. mapping regularly). It just wasn't. I like that GGG are expanding, finally, but PoE has no real place in the console game market. It started as a niche 'hardcore' PC ARPG and that will remain its primary form. Right now, I view the console version as an interesting exercise, one likely more successful than the Garena foray but probably not as successful as the China expansion, which benefits from Tencent's unfathomable backing.

This OP, and my response, were clearly not directed at GGG.
Support a free Hong Kong.

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with
sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
-Galileo Galilei
I wonder if they'll break even on the venture. I hope they do, but keeping console gamers engaged long enough to open their wallets seems a tall order with a game like PoE.
Well they chose the worst expansion to push into the XBox market, and the stats look like a lot of people just drop the game after a few hours.
the clickiest ARPG of all times on a gamepad? Doomed to fail unfortunately.
Xbox version works perfectly well. I quite like it and I played the pc version almost since it came out. That makes me a decent source to judge, I'd think. You are just misguided and probably haven't even touched the xbox version out of pure spite from being a PC fanboy. I am a PC gamer, I get it, but I also like to dabble into xbox because I have friends that are console bros. Gotta pull that stick out of your ass sometimes.
"
Arzhulmand wrote:
Xbox version works perfectly well. I quite like it and I played the pc version almost since it came out. That makes me a decent source to judge, I'd think. You are just misguided and probably haven't even touched the xbox version out of pure spite from being a PC fanboy. I am a PC gamer, I get it, but I also like to dabble into xbox because I have friends that are console bros. Gotta pull that stick out of your ass sometimes.

Nobody said the Xbox version is bad as a game.

What this implies is that Xbox players are bad at this type of game, and therefore fail to even complete it. Which in turn implies that GGG's decision to port it was questionable at best.

I personally hope that the Xbox version will get completely abandoned by that playerbase, to the point where GGG will hopefully realise that it's not worth maintaining (currently they're using PC player money to have Xbox players keep playing, which is the reason I haven't given them a single dime since they announced it even though I both could and wanted to purchase supporter packs). If they keep hauling that resource drain around, well, too bad, eventually the game will probably get worse and worse and hopefully, by that time, I will have found a better game to play.
Still waiting for GGG to admit that they made mistakes and actually work on fixing them.

You'll find me when pigs start flying.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info