Latency spikes and screen freezes

Excuse me but how can it be a problem with the ISP, if the only thing that lags and stutters so much is PoE?

Can anyone explain me, or at least guarantee me that it could be that only PoE lags and becomes totally unplayable while any other game, application or web page works perfectly fine?
/oos
"
Xcava86X wrote:
Excuse me but how can it be a problem with the ISP, if the only thing that lags and stutters so much is PoE?

Can anyone explain me, or at least guarantee me that it could be that only PoE lags and becomes totally unplayable while any other game, application or web page works perfectly fine?

"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:

Path of Exile is really sensitive to packet loss, especially on lockstep networking mode. Other services can just resend the dropped packets without obvious disruption to the user.
I use Vodafone too and I'm from Germany.
I have also massive lag spikes, but only in PoE. Everything else is fine.
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Looking at your WinMTR output, it looks like the spikes in latency are being introduced at your first hop (from your home to your ISP). I would recommend contacting them and sending through these results for them to look at.

I'm seeing a lot of reports of instability from Vodafone in Italy - this might be a more widespread problem.

I have traces with absolutely 0 network problems, on login server and on instance server. Still the question arises on why vodafone is playing like shit (I have same problems and am on Vodafone IT too) - even if the answer is probably vodafone is cheap and doesnt pay enough telia or whoever is MIXing with them. Anyway Vodafone is commercial ISP, we probably won't even get in contact with the NOC but only with some poor underpaid call center dude.
Last edited by dingownage on Sep 20, 2017, 3:38:32 PM
"
dingownage wrote:
"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
Looking at your WinMTR output, it looks like the spikes in latency are being introduced at your first hop (from your home to your ISP). I would recommend contacting them and sending through these results for them to look at.

I'm seeing a lot of reports of instability from Vodafone in Italy - this might be a more widespread problem.

I have traces with absolutely 0 network problems, on login server and on instance server. Still the question arises on why vodafone is playing like shit (I have same problems and am on Vodafone IT too) - even if the answer is probably vodafone is cheap and doesnt pay enough telia or whoever is MIXing with them. Anyway Vodafone is commercial ISP, we probably won't even get in contact with the NOC but only with some poor underpaid call center dude.

friends told me vodafone has problems with overwatch too
Same problem with Vodafone in Italy. GGG you should contact them and inform them about the situation with your game
"
Soulcyber91 wrote:
Same problem with Vodafone in Italy. GGG you should contact them and inform them about the situation with your game

Vodafone is YOUR ISP though. You need to call them, as that will have a much greater impact than some gaming company calling them. You pay for their service, not GGG.

"
Fitzy_GGG wrote:
There is currently an issue affecting Vodafone users in Italy.

It is causing the following problems:
  • Failure to connect to the login server
  • Latency spikes
  • Freezes

We're currently investigating, but currently don't have an ETA on the fix due to this being outside of our direct control.
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the Universe trying to produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the Universe is winning."

"Your mother was a hamster and your father smelt of elderberries!"
Last edited by Aragorn14 on Sep 20, 2017, 7:32:56 PM
"
Aragorn14 wrote:
"
Soulcyber91 wrote:

Vodafone is YOUR ISP though. You need to call them, as that will have a much greater impact than some gaming company calling them. You pay for their service, not GGG.

I can tell you don't have Vodafone as ISP. I know it's our fault for choosing it, but we have no chance at all to get in contact with them. It's as bad as that I have to pay for the call if I want to get in touch with the support, even for administrative problems.
/ot
/oos
here we go again.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info