30 Exalts to spend, save for acuity or spend on a build?

Ya, pretty much what the title says. What endgame build is solid if I have a budget of 30ex? I prefer ranged characters with good mobility.

Really appreciate any help,

A
Last bumped on Sep 19, 2017, 10:01:41 PM
You can make builds that are under 100c that can easily farm uber atziri. The price of those gloves is way over what they should be. Yes they are nice gloves, but not 2k+c nice.

Make build under 100c, farm uber atziri. Even with bad luck, get a pair for way under what they are going for.

Or if you're impatient and don't care about currency, go for it! I just never understood the insane price on items that anyone can easily farm. We aren't talking about super rare chance stuff like headhunter or skyforth that are pure crap luck rng. Even when shavs were what everyone wanted and people paid tons for them when you could so easily do doubled scripts and farm one in a few hours.
"
coaa wrote:
Yes they are nice gloves, but not 2k+c nice.

You're insane. Those gloves trivialize content (especially bosses) the same way headhunter speeds up / trivializes maps.

There are indeed leech builds that don't need them, but the idea of making a build that normally doesn't even want to path over to vaal pact able to leech instantly *and* keep your regeneration (relevant for lab and such) is crazy good. The gloves are bonkers and their rarity (which is a bigger source of their price) signifies that.

With that said, OP, if you don't already have a good build that can make proper use of them, then yeah, you should prioritize such a build. You can save up money again faster if you actually can start clearing content quickly.
Last edited by codetaku on Sep 19, 2017, 10:55:56 AM
"
"
coaa wrote:
Yes they are nice gloves, but not 2k+c nice.

You're insane. Those gloves trivialize content (especially bosses) the same way headhunter speeds up / trivializes maps.

There are indeed leech builds that don't need them, but the idea of making a build that normally doesn't even want to path over to vaal pact able to leech instantly *and* keep your regeneration (relevant for lab and such) is crazy good. The gloves are bonkers and their rarity (which is a bigger source of their price) signifies that.

With that said, OP, if you don't already have a good build that can make proper use of them, then yeah, you should prioritize such a build. You can save up money again faster if you actually can start clearing content quickly.

Sounds like someone trying to sell a pair!

Jokes aside they are nice gloves, no refuting that, I've used them a few leagues (all farmed myself). But no where NEAR 2k+C nice. Whoever spends that much currency on gloves that are a defined boss drop is crazy. We aren't talking headhunter or skyforth (dropped in price now that ES sucks) rare. Where you can easily spend 100s of ex and not chance a pair. We're talking a boss drop.

Anyone can take any of the uber atziri on a 3l cheap under 100c builds and farm a pair themselves for very little investment is what i'm saying.

You can fund multiple full builds that can do 100% of content in this game for 2000+c. If your entire build revolves around NEEDING these gloves then in my eyes the build has failed badly. Now if it's just a novelty item that helps boost it if you can get your hands on it, great!
Last edited by coaa on Sep 19, 2017, 11:30:38 AM
"
coaa wrote:
You can fund multiple full builds that can do 100% of content in this game for 2000+c. If your entire build revolves around NEEDING these gloves then in my eyes the build has failed badly. Now if it's just a novelty item that helps boost it if you can get your hands on it, great!

No build "needs" it, but for any crit build that isn't "assassin", not needing to path near vaal pact can improve your survivability _and_ your dps by a really insane amount.

It doesn't make a single build go from unplayable to godly, but if you actually know how to make a build, it allows for an enormous skill tree optimization.

But you sound like the type of person who also doesn't understand why mirror-worthy gear is worth more than a mirror even though it's only like 10~20% better than 30ex gear. So maybe it's not worth trying to explain why these gloves would be worth so much to people.

(and the cost of mortal sets on the market is balanced around the cost/drop rate ratio of the axes and gloves, so you really don't know what you're talking about with "you can just farm uber yourself". This is only true in HC, where enough people avoid the top-end bosses that the mortal sets are _actually_ much less expensive than the boss rewards)
Last edited by codetaku on Sep 19, 2017, 11:52:25 AM
Have you seen the mortal prices lately? it costs about 200c just to run it right now.
"
Sinthetick wrote:
Have you seen the mortal prices lately? it costs about 200c just to run it right now.

It's more like 100c, but like I said in my last post, the costs in softcore are balanced around the reward prices, so probabilistically it's just as worthwhile to buy the gloves directly as to run the abyss until you get them.
I stand corrected, the price did drop. I know what I'm doing later.
Even if you were to farm Alluring Abyss... glove drop rates LOL...
U MAD?
The answer to just about any "Do I buy an entire build or get this one really insane item?" question is going to be "Buy the entire build."

As Hikaru said, a 30ex build with no Acuity can farm currency for an Acuity far faster than a set of Acuities with feet can farm the currency for the rest of the build. Acuity surrounded by basic gear doesn't make for a Superbuild. Neither does Headhunter + basic gear, or Skyforth + basic gear, or anything else of the like. These items are pretty much always the final pieces to a set of ridiculously high-spec gear, the crowning jewels that take the build from "great" to "ridiculous." They're not worth their cost on builds that aren't already powerful enough to make use of them.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info