Let's say it out loud - Kitava boss fight is garbage

Another character, another zerg rush at this dumb, dumb "fight".

TBH, it greatly highlights the biggest problem of PoE atm - clusterfuck of effects and unclear mechanics. I still don't know how to fight Kitava or how to dodge all of the (too many) attacks. And honestly I don't even care to learn them.

At the same time, it seems that there is little else GGG can do in that regard (killing players in boss fights) - they either flood players with bunch of random effects and mechanics, or players simply log out. I really wish this log-out stupidity could go away so that we could finally get some meaningful encounters, and not these one-shot fests... :/

/vent
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
Last edited by Perq on Sep 16, 2017, 3:48:19 PM
Last bumped on Sep 20, 2017, 1:33:37 PM
This thread has been automatically archived. Replies are disabled.
i wish they would go back to the clearer one shot mechanics of something like atziri, shaper is a good fight (so i had some hope for future boss design) but for a5/10 they doubled down on the clusterfuck of effects like malachai.
Trademark OP boss in PoE upon release and resolves to a more tamed one over time. It's a cycle, nvm the cons, there just has to be something to rage about every new league. I'll probably never touch HC ever because of it.
"
monsoonrider wrote:
Trademark OP boss in PoE upon release and resolves to a more tamed one over time. It's a cycle,

Except that this is the first time that such has been made a requirement for maps, which are largely trivial by comparison.
It feels like the difficulty spikes are way more extreme at some points than before.

The first time i think the difficulty spikes up without warning or proper introduction is the figth against Innocence, then Gruthkul and then that Kitava rape at the end. Nothing in the near time before AND after those fights even comes close.

I think depending on the build they might feel even more out of proportion.

The annoying thing about kitava for me is the heart phases with all those power minions. The uniques hit like trucks!
Last edited by Scherge on Sep 16, 2017, 10:29:06 PM
So like how bad of players are you guys? Every single attack Kitava does is telegraphed. I picked up his moves in my first fight with him, and I'm not some gaming pro or anything. If you can take your mouse and move your character you shouldn't even be getting hit by him. The only hard part of the fight is the minions, and that's only hard if you don't have the damage to keep them in check.
Telegraphing attacks doesn't stop them from being bad.
"
Perq wrote:
Another character, another zerg rush at this dumb, dumb "fight".

TBH, it greatly highlights the biggest problem of PoE atm - clusterfuck of effects and unclear mechanics. I still don't know how to fight Kitava or how to dodge all of the (too many) attacks. And honestly I don't even care to learn them.

At the same time, it seems that there is little else GGG can do in that regard (killing players in boss fights) - they either flood players with bunch of random effects and mechanics, or players simply log out. I really wish this log-out stupidity could go away so that we could finally get some meaningful encounters, and not these one-shot fests... :/

/vent

+1
Wish the armchair developers would go back to developing armchairs.

◄[www.moddb.com/mods/balancedux]►
◄[www.moddb.com/mods/one-vision1]►
Well duh, from what I've seen of Shaper he is way more fair than Kitava is.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info