Exhausting crashes

"
Malazan7 wrote:
Ok so I didn't quit, I just can't it's like digital crack. Just got last boss down to half health was doing ok then Boom crash. Literally feel like crying.
Could we please get a response from a Dev, I see you can add more micro transactions and fix some stuff in latest patch but you can't seem to be arsed fixing something that makes your game unplayable?

The last patch seemed to have fixed a few of the desync issues and possible make it faster to load into maps. I know before the patch I would have to sit at the entry until I seen my flasks load up at least. Sometimes I would wait until all my gear showed up in my inventory before I moved. Just a little annoying.

As far as the crashes go, I did still get booted to the title screen 2 or 3 times.

I agree though, this is one of the larger threads regarding the issue and we haven't seen a rep response in a long time.
https://youtu.be/CHedOVJPXvs

Jeff is this good enough for you or are you going to just ignore this too?!
Yep that happens so often, although I always consider myself lucky if I get it to do that and not just completely freeze and kick me out.

Just sent this email to tech support:

Hi
Been playing a while and before I got to the negatives let me add that I love Path of Exiles, I mean LOVE! I've spent cash on it, not as much as I want too but again I'll get to that.
Ever since I started up your game on the Xbox One I've had severe issues with game freezes, crashes and rubber banding. I'll start by saying my internet connection is good, it's around 60-65mbs with 19-21mbs upload, ping is around 21-24 and my NAT is open so it can't be my end.
I've played total of nearly 100hrs and yet I'm only just at end of act 10, I've done zero grinding or farming to date. It's taken so long because I've had to redo almost everything in the game about 3-4 times plus. I have been on end boss several times with him down to half health only for game to freeze.
I've posted in forums and except from 2 replies at beginning it's been quiet, I see you've added 2 patches and are yet to fix the issue but you don't seem to have any trouble adding new micro transactions!!
All I want to know is why does this only effect some and not others? Are you working on a fix or are you happy to lose a certain percentage of customers? If you are fixing when is this expected to be done or do I have to wait for another 6 micro transactions to be released first? I only need to know because if it's going to remain unplayable to a minority I'd prefer to know so I can not waste anymore money on the game and just move on to a game where the developers truly care if they have a game which everyone can enjoy.

Kind Regards

Sent from my iPhone

Sent from my iPhone
Last edited by Malazan7 on Oct 8, 2017 9:04:39 AM
"
Manningj wrote:
https://youtu.be/CHedOVJPXvs

Jeff is this good enough for you or are you going to just ignore this too?!

had several same lags today, some even longer then 10 seconds.
Tho i was only leveling in sc.
Hi guys,

I have a few questions about these issues:

a) Check out the video posted by Manningj (https://youtu.be/CHedOVJPXvs). It shows a specific type of freeze where the effects are animating but the game world is not, followed by a speedup afterwards. This occurs if the client is starved of data from the socket. In order to prevent desync, the client world simulation doesn't update until there's data available. Once the data does arrive, the simulation then catches up. While it's possible for this issue to be caused by anything between our servers and your console, our logging indicates that heartbeat packets from the client are quite late, so we believe that there is an issue with the player's internet connection in this case. If you encounter this issue, can you please try using a wired connection instead of wifi, and to try getting a WinMTR log for us (it's okay to run it against the PC servers, as they're in the same place). We intend to add an icon in the client indicating that there is a networking issue, to make the cause of this problem clearer to players.

b) For people in this thread who refer to crashes, can you please be very specific about exactly what happens. Do you mean that the game actually crashed (booting you out of Path of Exile entirely), or that you were disconnected from the server? If you are booted out, can we get a timestamp, timezone and gamertag to go with it so we can check whether it was a latency timeout, serverside crash or some other type of incident?

c) Have the improvements over the last week helped the occurrence rate of the problems in this thread?

Thanks very much for your support, patience and feedback!
Lead Developer. Follow us on: Twitter | YouTube | Facebook | Contact Support if you need help!
maps3
I think the game felt smooth after you removed ground effects.
But after the latest patch something happend wich i cant tell what.
Got this manning lag twice, but slight different.
For me i felt frame drop, in the very next area it got laggy and third area gave me 10 sec freeze time followed by speedy gonzales mode, had to shut down the game to get rid of the lagg.
Byond and exile skills were invis at times during saturday.
Also got frame drops in breaches after the patch.

I live in sweden, of what i read on the forum it looks like our server connection is quite good.

I have got some disconnects aswell but only after Killing map boss and opening portal gem + clicking it "bam character screen instead of hideout"
So its not to bad, but can there be some kind of portal gem bug? Happens every third-fifth map prehaps.
Ok Chris,

Booted from the game entirety and to the xbox dashboard at 8:06PM CST and 9:24PM CST.

Gamertag: Son of Rooster
Thanks for the response Chris.

I'm happy to post my experiences (though I'm not a pro gamer so much as a loving consumer so I apologize in advance for using not-so-correct lingo):

A) I do use wifi, so it's entirely possible the rubber-banding & lag/freezing could be due to that, though I never experienced it prior to the first patch. Never. Honest.

B) My gameplay might be something as simple as clearing maps or more complicated as fighting a boss or sometimes just organizing inventory or viewing the tradeboard - there seems to be no rhyme or reason as to what instigates a crash. By 'crash' I used to mean (according to my 1st post back in September) booting me back to the login screen.
Over the past week or so, it not only boots me back to the PoE Login Screen, but sometimes it boots me out entirely to the xbox dashboard. Again - no rhyme or reason (to me anyway) which or why.

C) While it seems your efforts in fixing this issue may have had some effect for some players, not so for others. Some seem to experience few, if any, problems (I didn't in the first few weeks after launch), while others are now frustrated beyond belief. And we're only frustrated because we can't enjoy (or sometimes even play) a game we love so much.

My latest 'crash': 1:24 pm EST (Booted to PoE Login Screen)
Timezone: EST (Jungle Valley Map, Harbinger League, Washington. DC Realm)
Activity: Completed boss battle & was in process of trying to pick up loot... failed :(
Gamertag: Picasso65

Thanks so much for your concern & all your assistance,
An Adoring but Disappointed Fan
Me again...

Just so you can understand our annoyance:

My latest 'crash': 1:52 pm EST (Booted to PoE Login Screen)
Timezone: EST (Desert Map, Harbinger League, Washington. DC Realm)
Activity: Had just opened inventory

I managed to last almost 40 mins without dc'ing - not bad actually.
Thanks again.
"
Completed 3 ChallengesBellaria wrote:
Me again...

Just so you can understand our annoyance:

My latest 'crash': 1:52 pm EST (Booted to PoE Login Screen)
Timezone: EST (Desert Map, Harbinger League, Washington. DC Realm)
Activity: Had just opened inventory

I managed to last almost 40 mins without dc'ing - not bad actually.
Thanks again.

Great info!

I currently use WiFi as well but will work to hardwire so I can take that out of the listing. I understand that the video I posted MAY be due to my internet connection. Although I typically run about 80 down and 3 up. Wifi does hurt packet loss so I wont count that off.

I just want this game to be fun for everybody and although I wont quit for the hassles, it is frustrating to keep getting booted.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info