The real reason why they aren't making an auction house

GGG follows the business practice to outsource activities, and it has always been this way. From wiki through trading to the item filters. It's strictly financially motivated - requires less human and monetary resources.
Yes, it brings half-assed substitutes and mostly band aids, but it's dirt cheap or even costs nothing.

Implementation of a proper trading system will cost Chris quite a lot - unless it's RMAH, which won't happen for numerous reasons.

It's all about cash.

I can't really believe there are people so stupid to believe in Chris's gibberish on this topic. As such stupidity speaks of special needs, and as long as these people are able to use a computer and type sentences correctly, it's unlikely. It's probably blind fanboism and confusion of a kind. Who knows.
This is a buff © 2016

The Experts ™ 2017
Limit trades to like 5 trade per day and you need at least a level 90 character

RIP Bots and Manipulators
Need more brains, exile?
"
MasterTBC wrote:
Limit trades to like 5 trade per day and you need at least a level 90 character

RIP Bots and Manipulators

And RIP every player that is an active trader? I'm neither a botter, nor am I a price manipulator, and I regularly make exponentially more trades than that in a normal 4-6 hour session. That would be the fastest way to kill the playerbase...
U MAD?
"
torturo wrote:
GGG follows the business practice to outsource activities, and it has always been this way. From wiki through trading to the item filters. It's strictly financially motivated - requires less human and monetary resources.
Yes, it brings half-assed substitutes and mostly band aids, but it's dirt cheap or even costs nothing.

Implementation of a proper trading system will cost Chris quite a lot - unless it's RMAH, which won't happen for numerous reasons.

It's all about cash.

I can't really believe there are people so stupid to believe in Chris's gibberish on this topic. As such stupidity speaks of special needs, and as long as these people are able to use a computer and type sentences correctly, it's unlikely. It's probably blind fanboism and confusion of a kind. Who knows.

This. I swear it's as if people only bring autistic arguments on purpose when they pull their GGG apologist tinfoil. ''Look at D3 and what AH did'' - D3 had RMT, can't compare to a system where you can buy your shit with your credit card.

-''Chris wants the players to interact'' ''proceeds to click copy generated whisper to 10-20 users to get 1c item, gets an invite, goes to player's hideout,trades, ty/ty'' Sounds like serious interaction. ''Chris said X'' Doesn't matter, Chris also said that their balance team is filled with ''experts with 1k+ hours'' which does not seem to reflect 3.0
"
andreicde wrote:
"
torturo wrote:

It's all about cash.

This. I swear it's as if people only bring autistic arguments on purpose when they pull their GGG apologist tinfoil. ''Look at D3 and what AH did'' - D3 had RMT, can't compare to a system where you can buy your shit with your credit card.

-''Chris wants the players to interact'' ''proceeds to click copy generated whisper to 10-20 users to get 1c item, gets an invite, goes to player's hideout,trades, ty/ty'' Sounds like serious interaction. ''Chris said X'' Doesn't matter, Chris also said that their balance team is filled with ''experts with 1k+ hours'' which does not seem to reflect 3.0

You mean like you people are all deaf? GGG has already said they DON'T want an automated trade system. You have 2 options, accept that or move on. This game will never have a system that will automate trade, and thank god for that.
"
andreicde wrote:

I have 1800+ hours only on steam record, 6 leagues, every with 40/40 challenges. And I say that in current state 'trade' have no 'system'. Trade are exist, but not have a system. Third party site - is not a system. Bots, scammers, price fixers and more - all of them are exist right now. The absence of an auction only hurts the players, that does not live for a trade in game.

"
Miská wrote:
You mean like you people are all deaf? GGG has already said they DON'T want an automated trade system. You have 2 options, accept that or move on. This game will never have a system that will automate trade, and thank god for that.

I hate current trade and every time then I want to buy something that aren't cost 40+ chaoses - I must go through this stupid 'sent 20 whispers and maybe somebody answer' trade 'system'.

This is not interaction between players at all. This must to go out of here.
This thread have much more interaction between players than in 'trade system'.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
Last edited by DoEFotGS on Sep 15, 2017, 9:28:45 PM
"
Miská wrote:

You are the kind of person those guys were talking about. Blindly listening to GGG without putting any thought into it.
"
X1Z1 wrote:
"
Miská wrote:

You are the kind of person those guys were talking about. Blindly listening to GGG without putting any thought into it.

Neh, my opinion is based upon my own experience. But what do I know, I've only seen trade develop from trade chat, to websites and eventually to Premium tabs in my some 15k hours played. Every step made gearing in this game more of a joke. I love PoE.trade, to find whatever I need with very specifics, but it certainly didn't do good for the experience of gearing.

Anyway, same goes for you. Accept that they don't want an automated trade system or move on. It's like discussing free exalts every tuesday. It.....aint.....gonna....happen.....ever.
Last edited by Miská on Sep 15, 2017, 9:42:33 PM
"
Miská wrote:
Accept that they don't want an automated trade system or move on. It's like discussing free exalts every tuesday. It.....aint.....gonna....happen.....ever.

I will talk about automated trade every time, because current trade does not bring anything positive to the game. People like you, that stuck in past, I do not care, like their opinions.

And I think you can say the same thing to me.
E = mc^(OMG)/wtf
"
DoEFotGS wrote:
"
andreicde wrote:

I have 1800+ hours only on steam record, 6 leagues, every with 40/40 challenges. And I say that in current state 'trade' have no 'system'. Trade are exist, but not have a system. Third party site - is not a system. Bots, scammers, price fixers and more - all of them are exist right now. The absence of an auction only hurts the players, that does not live for a trade in game.

"
Miská wrote:

I hate current trade and every time then I want to buy something that aren't cost 40+ chaoses - I must go through this stupid 'sent 20 whispers and maybe somebody answer' trade 'system'.

This is not interaction between players at all. This must to go out of here.
This thread have much more interaction between players than in 'trade system'.

That is actually the annoying part too. GGG is more than happy with Poe trade which is a perfect tool for bots/scammers and price fixers but then again everyone ''must accept this necessary evil'' because reasons. Ironically enough the only folks still defending this system are the traders which love price fixing too and hide it behind hypocrite attempted of self-righteousness.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info