The real reason why they aren't making an auction house

"
Rinzlow wrote:

whats the problem if fully integrating it ? They don't know how, that's my argument,the programmers, don't know how to build it, or maybe they're trying but can't make the existing databases to work with it.

it's already there, your "fully integrated into the game"-offline trade system having a insta buy option with no scammers and no price fixers.

it's curently tested in the chinese version and maybe comes to the main realm later. but you probably won't like it because search and early usage in the game are heavily restricted to compensate for the advantages.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
Rinzlow wrote:
-first 25 sellers on poe.trade are afk price manipulating on 99% of meta products (currency, uniques, maps), there is no way to fix this, the human factor will trick and fix
-37 wispers for 1 item, you must close the game, open your internet browser, copy a message, open the game again, paste the message, on avarage 20-30 times before you can get the item for price you asked

guys, ladies,
A.) the trade, kind of auctioning is allready happening
B.) it is extremely slow, open to manipulation and works only 30% of the time

whats the problem if fully integrating it ? They don't know how, that's my argument,the programmers, don't know how to build it, or maybe they're trying but can't make the existing databases to work with it.

They know how, but are also afraid of further implications via regulating the economy, addressing botting/scamming more severly, or God forbid, address flipping so you don't feel punished for using "trade"...

Having asynchronous trading, even limited, would maybe permit us to actually buy the items when we need them, without spending a long time hunting those, but the worst thing is actually that "trade" feels a lot more "efficient", "rewarding" or even "fun" than looting in a ARPG.

That must be addressed ASAP.

Their attitude regarding "trade" feels so lacklustre, that only "balance" and "melee" are more dissapointing, and that says a lot...
PSS: Our almighty TencentGGG overlords are very scrupulous regarding criticizing their abilities to take proper decisions and consider everything "needlessly harsh and condescending"...

Good to know "free speech" doesn't apply in any form or manner on the forums these days...
Last edited by sofocle10000 on Sep 20, 2017, 11:53:07 AM
"
vio wrote:
"
Rinzlow wrote:

it's already there, your "fully integrated into the game"-offline trade system having a insta buy option with no scammers and no price fixers.

it's curently tested in the chinese version and maybe comes to the main realm later. but you probably won't like it because search and early usage in the game are heavily restricted to compensate for the advantages.

The Chinese/Xbow trade system will almost for sure be improved soon and not much later we will have our version too and while we wait for this we'll continue to use poe.trade it's also highly unlikely it will cease to exist soon after the launch of an in-game trade system.

We will probably have a very slow transition from poe.trade to in-game trade with both active at the same time for quite a while.

It's even possible that poe.trade continue forever with only cheap stuff on the in-game system and high-end items on poe.trade
Last edited by CyberWizardB5 on Sep 20, 2017, 12:09:43 PM
"
I'd love to have an ingame trading feature which lists all available items, including MTX.

Trading MTX will never be a thing. It would facilitate RMT farrrr too easily.
U MAD?
"
CyberWizardB5 wrote:

The Chinese/Xbow trade system will almost for sure be improved soon and not much later we will have our version too

i think it all depends on their experience with that system. so far there hasn't been any feedback.
to be honest i think their overal feedback is immensely lacking lately, they seem to be totally caught in their asian experience and pampering their consoleros.
age and treachery will triumph over youth and skill!
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
"
I'd love to have an ingame trading feature which lists all available items, including MTX.

Trading MTX will never be a thing. It would facilitate RMT farrrr too easily.

Why? It would be official. Those who would like to use MTX without paying money can do so, while others will pay that money for that stuff for currency gain and GGG would probably increase their income. It would be a win-win situation except for those who don't want GGG to make more money and hate to see players who earned their MTX by playing the game instead of paying for it. Actually it would reduce inofficial RMT since there would be less incentive to use RMT sites.

Wat. The ability for me to buy points, and then trade them to another player in exchange for exalts is literally the exact reason that this isn't allowed. It is nothing less than paying real money for an in game advantage... It will never happen though, fortunately. You are literally trying to justify RMT... Whether it is "officially sanctioned" or not doesn't change the fact that it would still be IRL money for in game advantage...
U MAD?
"
"
Docbp87 wrote:
Wat. The ability for me to buy points, and then trade them to another player in exchange for exalts is literally the exact reason that this isn't allowed. It is nothing less than paying real money for an in game advantage... It will never happen though, fortunately. You are literally trying to justify RMT... Whether it is "officially sanctioned" or not doesn't change the fact that it would still be IRL money for in game advantage...

I still see no reason why this would be bad. Sure, it should only be allowed in standard league where currency isn't that big of a deal but other than that I almost only see advantages for all parties.
But it's unlikely to happen. A trading menu with standard items is my main interest though. MTX would be nice but I'm not willing to use my money to sell stuff, I'd use the currency to buy MTX.

This must be your first day on the internet. Don't know why pay2win is bad? Like for real?
why the fu** would you people trade real money for virtual currency. I can understand Cosmetic and DLC but pay2win is horrible. I had a friend ask me before playing POE, can I just pay to be stronger, I said; it defeats the purpose of the game. We are talking here about built in trading systems that PREVENTS scams, and afk traders and just makes it faster.
I played over 150 Red Maps with Nemesis mod, both trying to get The Doctor Card or HeadHunter. No luck in Shaped Spider Forest with 15c investment per map (Zana Breach, sextants, packsize alchs). I don't believe I will ever see HH drop, however, I am selling stuff, flipping currency, crafting and selling offcolor 6links, and I will make it to 80 Exalts and get it in trade. This is allready happening, I'm just saying, would be better if I could list my 1c items for trade and it works automaicly so I don't have to lose a portal when I'm doing shaper because someone wants to buy atziri boots from me. How do you people not grasp this concept.
"
Rinzlow wrote:
... works automaicly so I don't have to lose a portal when I'm doing shaper because someone wants to buy atziri boots from me. How do you people not grasp this concept.

We dont know how you do not grasp the immense disadvantages of automation (AH) for anyone else who is not into cheating.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info