[JOSHROSE] Wild Strike or Frost Blades Inquisitor

This character can be played as a Wild Strike, Frost Blades, or both.

CONCEPT:
I initially started this as a Wild Strike build, and I went with Inquisitor for the huge DPS from Inevitable Judgement. We use a Varunastra so that we have access to enough crit while staying on the left side of the tree. At lvl 91, Crit Chance is 70% without Diamond Flask, 91% with Diamond Flask.

Around lvl 85 I started trying some other skill gems, and Frost Blades works very well. You just toss in a Phys to Lightning, and replace Elemental Focus. Frost Blades is amazing for mapping. The projectiles are awesome for clearing, it's safer since it has some range, and you will constantly freeze everything because we crit often and HARD. You will easily freeze full packs even in T16.

I prefer to switch to Wild Strike for bosses because the single target is much higher. Just throw in Wild Strike and Ele Focus. Wild Strike and Frost Blades both have AOE components, but Wild Strike's AOE components will hit single targets as well, while Frost Blades will not. Plus, Ele Focus is better on bosses.

STATS AT LVL 91:
Spoiler

GEAR:
I was trying to get 3 off colors in my Starkonja's, so I messed up the colors a bit and I've just got a few random gems in there. Purity of Elements and Hatred were inserted for a Ele Weakness/ Hexproof Map. I don't normally run them.

Spoiler

LINKS:
Spoiler
Single Target:
WILD STRIKE - MELEE PHYS - ELE DMG WITH ATTACKS - INCREASED CRITICAL STRIKES - MULTI STRIKE - ELE FOCUS

Mapping:
FROST BLADES - PHYS TO LIGHTNING - MELEE PHYS - ELE DMG WITH ATTACKS - INCREASED CRIT STRIKES - MULTI STRIKE

Movement and Totem:
Shield Charge - Faster Attacks - Fortify - Ancestral Warchief

CWDT:
I use my other links for CWDT setups. Triggered gems include Ice Golem, Tempest Shield, Immortal Call and Ice Nova. There is definitely room for some personalization here.

AURAS:
I tried a lot of different mana reservation setups. But I ultimately settled on Blasphemy - Assassins Mark and Grace. Hatred is very good, and you can run Hatred + Blasphemy Assassins Mark for max DPS. But I felt that running a defensive aura would be better since our damage is already very good. The evasion from Grace will be converted to Armor, doubling my armor and giving me 49% phys dmg reduction.

Standard: Blasphemy - Assassins Mark and Grace.
DPS: Hatred and Blasphemy - Assassins Mark
Balanced: Blasphemy - Assassins Mark + Herald of Ash + Arctic Armor

VIDEOS:
Spoiler
T15 Abyss in 3 minutes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BNFRgiqfbpQ&lc=z23fyrgqdxrzw13x404t1aokglfm3cne2viup1zq0kqybk0h00410&feature=em-comments

I was still experimenting with different auras at this point. I recommend using the Assassins Mark + Grace auras listed above.

PATH OF BUILDING LINK:
https://pastebin.com/bphAhj1X
Last edited by joshrose on Sep 11, 2017, 12:48:52 PM
Last bumped on Sep 11, 2017, 12:40:19 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info