Top 5 things you want GGG to change

1) Desync
2) Melee survive-ability, (The ability to melee as melee)
3) Dependency on 90% of nodes needing to be +life (or the path to it)
4) Ranged/Melee balance
5) more/better defensive skill gems.
"
Thalandor wrote:
Might as well

1- Desync
2- Chaos resist penalties on cruel/merc need not exist
3- Melee vs. range balance
4- FFA loot sucks
5- Party play is so much easier yet gives bonus exp?

After today's race, I take everything back. My new list:

1- Desync
2- Desync
3- Desync
4- Desync
5- Desync
This might sound retarded to alot of people but the only thing I do not like about this game is that everything depends on having 5-6L.
"
Evs wrote:
This might sound retarded to alot of people but the only thing I do not like about this game is that everything depends on having 5-6L.

Game is balanced on 4L. 5L and 6L are just luxury items.
1) Desync

2) melee.

3). Different race modes (permanent zoomed in race, only duelist races, etc)
1) Not really a change, but, custom or private leagues.
2) Active buffs (and not just something where I press a button and all that happens is I get tougher or hit harder).
3) Desync.

"
NaughtyOne wrote:
1) Desync
2) Melee survive-ability, (The ability to melee as melee)
3) Dependency on 90% of nodes needing to be +life (or the path to it)
4) Ranged/Melee balance
5) more/better defensive skill gems.

This is close to what I see as the more important issues and all in all it can be boiled down to even fewer fixes. 5 could possibly help somewhat solve 2 (though it may make some gems too important without solving 3!), reducing 1 could help a lot on 3 (not gonna solve it, mind you, but better is better and general balance fixes can do the rest!), 4 is a lot of small general balance issues that will be fixed incrementally.

Essentially I see it as:
1) reduce desync
2) Further diversification to the monsters stats (resists, armour, evasion, hp, energy shields, accuracy, and their damage types, while rebalancing them to rely less on simple damage and relying more on curses, mines!, traps! and possibly totems cast by monsters!)
3) General balance changes are needed
4) New/improved defensive skills (more non-auras and preferably against traps, curses and mines!) are very important for making the defensive capacity of a player better!
I appear to be living in "Romance Standard Time". That has to be good! :)
Last edited by radiatoren on Mar 2, 2013, 8:08:48 PM
#1 - Desync. Me or monsters desyncing don't bother me that much any more, it can be dealt with, but projectiles desyncing does. It's impossible to actively dodge projectiles in this game. Well, not impossible, but it's luck based with the current system, not skill based. I can dodge 5 projectiles on my client and still be hit by all 5 of them on the server, just completely takes the fun out of it. Active dodging is a HUGE part in a ARPG (at least in my eyes).

#2 - Make races not be about running to 1 zone and farming for 1-1,5 hours. Either change certain zones levels, the density of mobs in certain zones, or preferably just make progress the goal (or an alternative goal) instead of leveling.

#3 - Add some way of scaling elemental resists on minions. They are literally like paper against fire, etc...

#4 - Race rewards. I don't buy the argument that currency rewards would ruin the economy. As long as the ratio of the rewarded ones match the ratio of the ones dropped there should be no issue at all. Also there's a huuuuuuge currency dump in the game already, endgame maps. As more people reach that stage every day, more people dump currency in this dump.. dump.

#5 - Add some minor mana regen nodes easy to reach for Marauder.
1) LOOT - give more options to players as to what type of looting they want.

2) GRAPHICS - too much going on on the screen, need to tone it down.

3) LOOT

4) LOOT

5) DESYNC
1.) Party Loot System is in dire need of an overhaul. Party leader should have the option to set loot to a.)ffa b.)current timer setting c.)double current timer setting and d.) Instanced loot. Quality should not be dependant of how many people are in party. I don't magically have more money in my pocket when I'm being mugged by multiple assailants, so why should the monsters.

2.) Fix the lightning damage/resist issue. 90% of the monsters have lightning resists and either I m doing next to no damage or I'm obliterating them. It just seems ridiculous to have to curse every mob in order to do any significant damage.

3.) Tone down the graphic effects. I swear I'm getting retina burned every time I play.

4.) Fix the worthless skill gems, by either buffing them or changing them to support gems. ie puncture pretty much sucks because it doesn't stack but if it were a support gem it would rock. Same for shockwave totem as it is it kinda sucks, but if it were a support gem adding shockwave to my freeze pulse spell totem would be cool.

5.) Rebalance the skill tree by adding 1 hp for every 5 points of dex and adding a "Death Knight" crit immunity node after phase acrobatics. Better Keystones in the dex area, both Iron reflexes and Unwavering stance seem to be destinations for other builds rather then mainstays of the dex build. I would like to see a Riposte keystone that increases crit chance/damage by 5% for every attack evaded and a Parry keystone that increases your evasion by 50% when actively defending(not attacking).
I counter your proposal with this: the super easy league where you push a single button and it tells you that you have won.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info