3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

Is molten shell a good choice or is the firedamage bad for EE?
want try out a CwdT + IC + Molten shell combo.

enduring cry + purity of flames + vitality is the other combo.
Last edited by Enterich on Sep 7, 2017, 11:00:46 AM
"
Enterich wrote:
i tryed CwdT+immortal call+vaal grace

IC is casted , vaal grace seems to not work with CwdT?

Vaal skills does not work with CWDT.
accept the mystery
since don't have kaom's heart, but have body with gem slots running by now 3 combos:
cwdt + ic + duration
vaal grace + duration
spell totem + scorching ray

feels like pretty good by damage and survivability for hc, not even sure do i want kaom's heart right now, when i ll take more % life passive nodes maybe, but it changed my first priorities to something other
"
volosi_nazad wrote:
since don't have kaom's heart, but have body with gem slots running by now 3 combos:
cwdt + ic + duration
vaal grace + duration
spell totem + scorching ray

feels like pretty good by damage and survivability for hc, not even sure do i want kaom's heart right now, when i ll take more % life passive nodes maybe, but it changed my first priorities to something other

yeah im also between
cwdt + ic + molten shell
OR
cwdt + ic + duration

not sure if moltenshells fire damage is a big issure, the next shield charge will overwrite it.
Thank you for making this guide!! I'm a newer player so I'm sorry if these questions seem obvious, but I was wondering: is this recommended for people like myself or am I better off learning game mechanics from another character build?

I have an RT Cyclone Slayer and that's pretty straightforward... while I admit it is fun to fly around, cleaving and leaching packs, I really enjoy the tanky playstyle I've found in my life/regen/fire-based Marauder. Understanding how and when I'll be able to equip and use Righteous Fire is keeping me from confidently shaping my tree and items. D:

I've been reading the PoE Wiki on RF and your guide explains it fairly well, but I sadly just don't know how to get myself to a place where I can run it and not drain to 1 hp in a matter of seconds. Do I have to equip those exact items in the Leveling spoilers, or can I simply meet a certain regen/fireres number for my hp?

Thanks for reading my first post, lol.

My modified leveling build (lvl40) planning on going Chieftain/Berserker d: probs sucks
Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/bxpW
Last edited by deejK on Sep 7, 2017, 12:56:23 PM
"
Enterich wrote:
want try out a CwdT + IC + Molten shell combo.

enduring cry + purity of flames + vitality is the other combo.

That's what i've been playing with around lately. It's a pretty solid combo for being tankier against bosses and dense harbinger packs. I tried it against Minotaur and i was able to face tank him with minimal dodging.

The fire damage from Molten Shell isn't an issue as long as you keep Shield Charging. It's a single explosion that's quickly overwritten by Shield Charge, so it has little to no effect on your damage.
"
deejK wrote:
I sadly just don't know how to get myself to a place where I can run it and not drain to 1 hp in a matter of seconds. Do I have to equip those exact items in the Leveling spoilers, or can I simply meet a certain regen/fireres number for my hp?

Not all of those items are required, only the ones with regeneration on them. Other listed items help you cap your fire resistances, which is important, and add some attacks speed for better movement speed with Shield Charge.

If you are leveling with RF then you need to use the items and passives that i listed to have enough regeneration. Alternatively you can level with other skills like Sunder or Firestorm, and switch to RF later on at around level 70. That way you wouldn't need to use those uniques.

"
deejK wrote:
My modified leveling build (lvl40) planning on going Chieftain/Berserker d: probs sucks
Spoiler
http://poeurl.com/bxpW

It's bad. Why are you modifying something you don't understand?

If you follow my leveling guide you will be able to fully sustain at level 36. No need to change it. Don't go Chieftain. Berserker is the best choice atm.
A small warning about CWDT-MS use, beside the fact it is fking up EE and if you are in a boss fight and take constant damage you will have it processing all the time and, sure by SC will reset it all the time, but if boss moves and you charge along it and miss, it stays fked:

RF characters don't care about elemental reflect maps, because RF or SR don't hit. So we do very well maps with ele reflect and we don't care about rares with this property....till MS explodes, and all the damage you do around by MS is reflected back to you. RIP. I know some players who died by MS so if you like to use it be careful at this aspect.
Molten shell also has an AoE... shield charge is single target. So it seems to be a bad choice for sure!
"
Enterich wrote:
Molten shell also has an AoE... shield charge is single target. So it seems to be a bad choice for sure!

Shield Charge is an AoE skill.
accept the mystery

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info