3.11 -- Righteous Fire Juggernaut / Chieftain (Outdated and Abandoned)

Hello,

Is the "Socketed Gems are Supported by Level XX Elemental Focus" skill on a Sceptre in the 'Calcs' page of PoB is correct? I have a weapon with level 16, and another with level 20, both listed under the "Total increased" line as only 10% damage from skill, not 45% (16) or 49% (20) respectively as the normal gem would add at those levels.

Is this normal? If so, then the higher level only helps the bigger additional "XX% increased Elemental Damage" range, nothing else?

If yes, then the some page before listed weapon with 73% fire damage prefix is a better base for isntance than a maxed EF 20 (10 + 60 = 70%), right?

Thanks!
All-time non-streamer luckless dropless rewardless tons-of-time-playing non-TFT-er 100% solo player.
So, it just turns out, we were lied to for years with the promises of a two-storied one PoE 4.0.
All these worse and worse beta leagues, all these braindead changes, all lead to this.
Last edited by Mike_84 on Jan 7, 2019, 5:18:45 PM
"
Stalkrr wrote:
I am kinda of a newbie and put every bit of currency that I have made so far this league into my RF character. I thought I was doing good for about 4ex but those numbers were blowing mine away by a long shot. The numbers you posted are still higher than mine but sound much more reasonable.

My own char is at 170k/103k for normal/shaper, and I'm farming Uber Elder. Min/maxing gear can make fights quicker and easier, but you can do all content with reasonable gear and knowledge of the fights.

"
One RF noob question. Do I get my resistances to cap without Endurance charges or is it enough to get enough that Im cap after endurance charges?

Definitely without the charges up. If you get caught without them up, you're in trouble. Start of the instance being down that much FR is going to have you in degeneration. These often will drop off during a boss fight, which is the worst time possible. And the additional during endurance charges can help you deal with Elemental Weakness, Flammability, Phoenix fight, etc.

"
jaeds wrote:
Hi all.

I'm looking for some help/suggestions. I'm new to this build - mapping is very smooth, but I'm running into a wall against bosses. t16 phoenix killed me in about 2 seconds and a normal elder guardian just wrecked me.

Phoenix is particularly hard for this build early, because it reduces FR and max FR, which we rely on pretty heavily. You'll eventually gear up enough to make it easier, but it should be doable now with some dying. But you should be having trouble at the end, not the beginning. Ruby flask may help during that fight.

Your helmet has Immolation instead of Burning. I don't think that works the same. If that's just because you couldn't afford any of the double shaped setups then ok, but you should be able to if you're running T16.

Your Flammability is fighting with your Witchfire's Despair curse, unless you've specced for two curses.
I see in the gem section that used some quality gems to 20, why not use a 23 % quality?

Thanks for the guide

I have two ilvl 82+ leather belts that I want to try and craft life recovery on them to replace my Heavy Belt. I spent few alts with no life recovery hit. Are these the right belts?
This league I've made two life-based characters and I get destroyed by T16 Syndicates and Temple Constructs. Does life RF struggle with chaos damage too?

I find getting Chaos Resistance to be a pain in the ass.
livejamie
"
Stalkrr wrote:

I have two ilvl 82+ leather belts that I want to try and craft life recovery on them to replace my Heavy Belt. I spent few alts with no life recovery hit. Are these the right belts?

You should just pristine scorched spam.
"
livejamie wrote:
This league I've made two life-based characters and I get destroyed by T16 Syndicates and Temple Constructs. Does life RF struggle with chaos damage too?

I find getting Chaos Resistance to be a pain in the ass.

Haven't died to syndicate in a long time now, and I farm uber elder.
I sit around 0% chaos resistance with charges up.
Last edited by Shuggananas on Jan 8, 2019, 4:07:43 AM
"
Eatsblood wrote:
"
jaeds wrote:
Hi all.

I'm looking for some help/suggestions. I'm new to this build - mapping is very smooth, but I'm running into a wall against bosses. t16 phoenix killed me in about 2 seconds and a normal elder guardian just wrecked me.

Phoenix is particularly hard for this build early, because it reduces FR and max FR, which we rely on pretty heavily.

Your helmet has Immolation instead of Burning. I don't think that works the same. If that's just because you couldn't afford any of the double shaped setups then ok, but you should be able to if you're running T16.

Your Flammability is fighting with your Witchfire's Despair curse, unless you've specced for two curses.

Thanks for this! - Is there a debuff phoenix applies that I wasn't seeing? and yes, i couldn't afford a double shaped helmet yet & chaos rolled this one (i was also unsure if the immolate was helping at all but assumed no since no one mentioned it as an option as an extra support).

I can't believe I didn't know about the 1-curse-only rule (unless spec'd for more). -- Would flammability be way worse than witchfire here? or should i add something different to my cast-on-damage-taken? Or remove witchfire for another flask?

thanks again
Yes phoenix has a debuff you can see it top left below your buffs
Witchfire brew doesn't reserve any mana or take any gem slots so.. there's that.
"
jaeds wrote:
Thanks for this! - Is there a debuff phoenix applies that I wasn't seeing? and yes, i couldn't afford a double shaped helmet yet & chaos rolled this one (i was also unsure if the immolate was helping at all but assumed no since no one mentioned it as an option as an extra support).

I can't believe I didn't know about the 1-curse-only rule (unless spec'd for more). -- Would flammability be way worse than witchfire here? or should i add something different to my cast-on-damage-taken? Or remove witchfire for another flask?

"
Shuggananas wrote:
Yes phoenix has a debuff you can see it top left below your buffs
Witchfire brew doesn't reserve any mana or take any gem slots so.. there's that.

Pretty much this. Witchfire gives you the curse basically for free and with a damage boost. I know I learned the 1 curse rule the hard way at one time. This build in particular, it's not obvious that the flask is your curse. He talks about Flammability as a second curse, and you're like "what's the first?" Last league I absolutely ran Flammability just not realizing that Witchfire was filling that slot. And I've been playing for years.

What's going to happen soon in your progression is you're going to want to run three auras (Purity of Fire, Purity of Ice, and Vitality) and that's going to eat your entire mana pool. Once you throw in three Blood Magics, (or two and a CWDT) you'll find that you no longer have extra slots anyway. The lack of sockets on your chest really makes you be stingy.

Phoenix has two debuffs. Firebomb gives you -50% fire resist temporarily and he does that giant fire nova. That's from your uncapped. If my gear isn't over capped on FR, I'll run Purity of Elements to give me extra room. The bigger problem is that for every 10% life he loses, your max fire resist is reduced by 1%, so you're down 9% by the end of the fight. That drastically reduces your net life gain, and increases the effectiveness of his attacks. I'll usually hold Vaal RF for that last stage, or just add Culling Strike for that fight.
"
Eatsblood wrote:
"
pyloniac wrote:
"
zheng738 wrote:
idk, making up numbers

Errm no. PoB says 600k now after my levelup :)

https://gyazo.com/dcd6d3d5ab0d450023191807f927648d

And no I didnt click "enemy is shocked"/covered in ash or other bullshit.

Yeah, I imported your char into PoB. RF damage 236,025. Set enemy to Shaper, it drops to 144,365. So your damage is like a third what you're claiming. GTFO of here.

Did I insult you or why are you getting offensive tard? Why not link your PoB that you did? I literally posted a screenshot of my rf dmg lul.

Did you check "Enemy was hit by lightning dmg", Check the flasks, "Do you use endurance charges?" ?

I just did a fresh import and just clicked those 3 things and im at 328799.4 shaper dps. Sry but you fucked up your PoB. Maybe do your shit diligently before you offend other people thx.
Last edited by pyloniac on Jan 8, 2019, 3:20:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info