[Suggestion] How to best implement custom item filters

The default item filter is insufficient. Trying to pick up the relevant stuff with a controller when so much garbage is shown is frustrating as hell. This is just breach loot in a blue map. Imagine how insane it would look with a well rolled rare map with sextants:
Spoiler

Another more horrifying example. Acton's looting Nightmare:
Spoiler

Just some of the things that have no business being shown by the default filter at level 67+ (endgame):
*Low tier BaseType rares.
*2x4 and 2x3 chromatic items.
*Life and mana flasks that you no longer need to find at this stage of the game.
*Normal rarity items of high-ish tier BaseTypes (I assume for crafting).
*Quality flasks with just tiny amounts of quality.
*Non-quality gems that are not drop-only, so we could just buy them from Lilly Roth instead.

How to implement custom loot filters properly:

Let players log in on the path of exile website and upload any .filter file they want on their account there. Allow storing multiple filters, and give the option to delete them. Put a drop-down menu in the in-game options that lets you select which filter to use, just like on the PC version.
Last edited by carkasjak on Aug 28, 2017, 6:20:26 AM
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2017, 11:23:04 PM
what I'm thinking is quite different but I believe it will be hard for the system. (just hoping)

LT+Left Button will cycle through rarity,
LT+Right Button will cycle through Gear Parts (Boots, Accesories, Head, Body .. etc / weapon type)
LT+Up Button will cycle through item type (weapon, armor, currency)
LT+down button will reset the filter to default loot filter.

edit- i forgot tier, but ya got the idea
"I want to die peacefully in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming in terror like his passengers."
Last edited by jinda002 on Aug 28, 2017, 6:28:26 AM
"
jinda002 wrote:
what I'm thinking is quite different but I believe it will be hard for the system. (just hoping)

LT+Left Button will cycle through rarity,
LT+Right Button will cycle through Gear Parts (Boots, Accesories, Head, Body .. etc / weapon type)
LT+Up Button will cycle through item type (weapon, armor, currency)
LT+down button will reset the filter to default loot filter.

edit- i forgot tier, but ya got the idea

That system sounds really tedious and not very intuitive. I'd much rather just have custom loot filters just like on the PC. I believe this will be a lot easier to implement as well since the foundation for it already exists.
I really do hope that custom filters are something that comes in an update. Built in filterblade style selection would be glorious.

Or even just a gradient only just got to maps myself but I can see it being a problem.

From Jeff_GGG:
We have a loot adjustment coming in a patch that gives loot priority to currency items, this should make the process much quicker and feel better.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1980327
Last edited by KikitheKing on Aug 28, 2017, 4:25:33 PM
Also microsoft/xbox make it really hard to implement things like this into games.
"
KikitheKing wrote:
From Jeff_GGG:
We have a loot adjustment coming in a patch that gives loot priority to currency items, this should make the process much quicker and feel better.

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1980327

And yes, priority on currency should be part of the looting system but there are so many more things that are needed for good filters. I, at this point, only want to see specific things and I'm sure that will change with time. As is the most annoying thing I have to do constantly is to look to see the quality of items on the ground since I can't just filter everything that isn't high percentage (and yes before someone mentions it I realize it is a waste of my time probably, but it is my time to waste). Add in the other loot I don't care about and it can just be a mess that can be equally as hard to navigate with RS.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info