Passive Skill Help: Does Diamond Skin Passive Affect Chaos Resistance?

I ask because it says "+15% to all elemental resistances" yet other skills like Elemental Adaptation says "+5% to Cold Resistance, +5% to Fire Resistance, +5% to Lightning Resistance". The latter clearly specifies what it influences so you'd think the former would encompass Chaos Resistance, yet if memory serves me correctly it has been said numerous times that "Resist All" stats don't impact your chaos resistance?

If that is true then could the Elemental Resistance & Diamond Skin etc. tooltips be updated to be as clear as Elemental Adaptation's tooltip?
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Elemental Adaptation raises the maximum of those three resistances, not adding to your actual resistances like other passives on the tree do. At the moment this means a rise from 75% to 80% maximum, disregarding skills and items.

Perhaps its description should be updated to "+5% to all maximum Elemental Resistances" for consistency, especially since the gap between Chaos and Elemental Resistances has been shortened now that there are passives for the former. The way it's worded was fitting in Closed Beta, but now it causes confusion when making the connection between all resistance modifiers.

I also think the Elemental Resistance with Shields passives' descriptions should be changed from "+15% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield" to "+15% to all Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield", also for consistency.
same name in-game
"
iao wrote:
Elemental Adaptation raises the maximum of those three resistances, not adding to your actual resistances like other passives on the tree do. At the moment this means a rise from 75% to 80% maximum, disregarding skills and items.

Perhaps its description should be updated to "+5% to all maximum Elemental Resistances" for consistency, especially since the gap between Chaos and Elemental Resistances has been shortened now that there are passives for the former. The way it's worded was fitting in Closed Beta, but now it causes confusion when making the connection between all resistance modifiers.

I also think the Elemental Resistance with Shields passives' descriptions should be changed from "+15% Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield" to "+15% to all Elemental Resistances while holding a Shield", also for consistency.

I'd rather they specify what they buff instead of saying "all" when it doesn't include chaos res. So I prefer how it specifies each element it buffs.

Anyways, thanks for helping.
Computer specifications:
Windows 10 Pro x64 | AMD Ryzen 5800X3D | ASUS Crosshair VIII Hero (WiFi) Motherboard | 16GB 3600MHz RAM | MSI Geforce 1070Ti Gamer | Corsair AX 760watt PSU | Samsung 860 Pro 512GB SSD & WD Black FZEX HDD
Last edited by Nicholas_Steel on Feb 26, 2013, 6:01:19 AM
Here is a nifty Rule of Thumb someone once posted:
Chaos is not elemental, it's chaos.
This means no "elemental dmg" or "elemental resistance" nodes are affecting your intake or output with chaos.
I suppose you could look at it like that.
Computer specifications:
"All resistances" does include chaos.
"All elemental resistances" does NOT include chaos because chaos is not elemental.
"
Mark_GGG wrote:
"All resistances" does include chaos.
"All elemental resistances" does NOT include chaos because chaos is not elemental.

Thanks for the clarification you guys.
Computer specifications:

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info