[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

I'm trying to get my damage up, any suggestions? With my lightning golem out and no buffs or anything I sit at 32k DPS
Last edited by Defiants on Jan 6, 2018, 7:17:17 AM
Okay guys how do u think about Hypotermia and ele proliferation in this build?
6 link on soul mantle like this:
GC
phys to light
conc effect / aoe
controlled destruction
ele prolif
Hypotermia

Gives me 100k DPS on 1 totem. Ele prolif - source of shock. Hipotermia for damage buff under shilled enemies.
And some pretty sweet thing from all of this - we get some survivability freezing all around

BTW one more option is to swap "phys to light" with "added fire" and use threshhold jewels.

"
Okay guys how do u think about Hypotermia and ele proliferation in this build?
6 link on soul mantle like this:
GC
phys to light
conc effect / aoe
controlled destruction
ele prolif
Hypotermia

Gives me 100k DPS on 1 totem. Ele prolif - source of shock. Hipotermia for damage buff under shilled enemies.
And some pretty sweet thing from all of this - we get some survivability freezing all around

BTW one more option is to swap "phys to light" with "added fire" and use threshhold jewels.

I like hypothermia, and have been using it in my main link even for bossing. What's the point of ele prolif though? We're using a large AoE ability, we already freeze everything, that's just a wasted link.

I use:
GC + Controlled D + Inc Crit + Faster Casting + Hypothermia + inc/conc.
"

What's the point of ele prolif though? We're using a large AoE ability, we already freeze everything, that's just a wasted link.

I use:

Ele prolif is the source of shock. And (okay, in PoB, lol) it gives me like 114k total DPS on single totem. Increased crits instead of ele prolif gives just 94k DPS...
"
"

What's the point of ele prolif though? We're using a large AoE ability, we already freeze everything, that's just a wasted link.

I use:

Ele prolif is the source of shock. And (okay, in PoB, lol) it gives me like 114k total DPS on single totem. Increased crits instead of ele prolif gives just 94k DPS...

We're a crit build, we don't need chance to shock in order to shock, we just do, all the time (as long as you have some lightning damage from P2L or shaper items).

The only way you're getting more damage in PoB with ele prolif is if you're using the (broken) "is the enemey Shocked?" checkbox with prolif, and not with inc crit. Don't use that checkbox, real world shocks don't get that big on any targets where it actually matters (bosses). Even if they did, like I said you get shocks because you crit.
"

We're a crit build, we don't need chance to shock in order to shock, we just do, all the time (as long as you have some lightning damage from P2L or shaper items).

The only way you're getting more damage in PoB with ele prolif is if you're using the (broken) "is the enemey Shocked?" checkbox with prolif, and not with inc crit. Don't use that checkbox, real world shocks don't get that big on any targets where it actually matters (bosses). Even if they did, like I said you get shocks because you crit.

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmm, didnt think of it this way, ty a lot, about shocks - i just didnt mention shock animations(and freeze without hypotermia didnt work on crit as well), soo...that was wrong decision, ill check some added fire/crit stuff then, ty a lot for explanation!
On first look with crits instead of prolif - quite harder maping, because of no perma freeze mob packs. Honestly i dont even see they get freeze lol, chill only :/
"
On first look with crits instead of prolif - quite harder maping, because of no perma freeze mob packs. Honestly i dont even see they get freeze lol, chill only :/

I don't know why that would be, I freeze everything solid with inc crit.

Ele prolif does let you freeze some things you wouldn't normally be able to, because you can freeze a shit white mob and proliferate the freeze to a tougher mob you might not do enough damage to freeze normally.

I got curious so I imported your guy into PoB. You're sitting at less than 1/3 of the damage of my guy (with inc AoE), so I assume that's why you're not freezing things solid, freeze has a threshold of damage you have to deal before it actually works. Your damage is probably too low to successfully freeze tougher enemies (5%+ of their life in one hit).

A big part of the damage difference is gear, which of course isn't an easy fix unless you're sitting on a pile of currency. But another big part of it is that I went for damage nodes and you went for the scion life wheel. You also only have 3 jewel sockets, and only one of them has a jewel with any damage stats at all on it. One of them is actually empty, for some reason.

My suggestion would be to follow the guide. Once you understand and are successful with the build as-presented by the OP only then make modifications to suit your own style. Trying to do your own thing out of the gate blind is only a good idea if you're an expert at the game's mechanics (or have a stomach for repeated failure - which admittedly is how you become an expert at the game's mechanics).

-------------------

On a separate note, you might not SEE the shock effect because it is much less visually obvious without ele prolif. Ele prolif puts a huge glowing ring around the shocked enemy, and makes it persist after they die (if they leave a corpse). Without ele prolif it is a much more subtle graphical effect, easily lost in all spammy visual noise of this build. It is there, though. If you crit with lightning damage (= to at least 0.2% of enemy life, a trivially low bar in a mapping situation), you shock.

Here's the wiki entry on shock:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

Note that whether the shock comes from a crit, or from chance to shock, the exact same damage threshold still applies. So if you were shocking with ele prolif, you must be shocking with inc crit.
Last edited by magicrectangle on Jan 8, 2018, 5:07:35 AM
"

I don't know why that would be, I freeze everything solid with inc crit.

Ele prolif does let you freeze some things you wouldn't normally be able to, because you can freeze a shit white mob and proliferate the freeze to a tougher mob you might not do enough damage to freeze normally.

I got curious so I imported your guy into PoB. You're sitting at less than 1/3 of the damage of my guy (with inc AoE), so I assume that's why you're not freezing things solid, freeze has a threshold of damage you have to deal before it actually works. Your damage is probably too low to successfully freeze tougher enemies (5%+ of their life in one hit).

A big part of the damage difference is gear, which of course isn't an easy fix unless you're sitting on a pile of currency. But another big part of it is that I went for damage nodes and you went for the scion life wheel. You also only have 3 jewel sockets, and only one of them has a jewel with any damage stats at all on it. One of them is actually empty, for some reason.

My suggestion would be to follow the guide. Once you understand and are successful with the build as-presented by the OP only then make modifications to suit your own style. Trying to do your own thing out of the gate blind is only a good idea if you're an expert at the game's mechanics (or have a stomach for repeated failure - which admittedly is how you become an expert at the game's mechanics).

-------------------

On a separate note, you might not SEE the shock effect because it is much less visually obvious without ele prolif. Ele prolif puts a huge glowing ring around the shocked enemy, and makes it persist after they die (if they leave a corpse). Without ele prolif it is a much more subtle graphical effect, easily lost in all spammy visual noise of this build. It is there, though. If you crit with lightning damage (= to at least 0.2% of enemy life, a trivially low bar in a mapping situation), you shock.

Here's the wiki entry on shock:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Shock

Note that whether the shock comes from a crit, or from chance to shock, the exact same damage threshold still applies. So if you were shocking with ele prolif, you must be shocking with inc crit.

oh, i see now. Ur weapon are really sick, so...
But i have 1k+ more hp and its really must for me, cuz i die a lot lol, so i even use extra +8% damage from mana before life jewel to not die from first monsterpack

And yeah, i've forgot about third jewel socket :/

BTW original PoB of this build by OP gained nearly the same damage as i did, but with higher hp, so gear - that is the problem, as u mentioned...need some spendings

How much was that weapons and amul?
Hi all,

I'm a first time PoE player and I've gotten my char up using this build. I enjoy the playstyle and I've enjoyed the levelling - most of my deaths were to some bosses where I had no clue what I was doing.
I managed to farm a little bit in excess of an exalted until now (lvl 68) and got a couple of nice daggers to carry me around.

I would very much recommend this build for anyone in my situation that likes the totem playstyle.

I have two questions to the experts:
- for magicrectangle - I see you using the 2x kikazaru + jewel. Did you ever use the clear mind gem with the no reserve ring? How did they compare? I'm thinking of going 2x kikazaru + jewel since I don't really enjoy the remove curse thing all the time, as a playstyle.
- I'm being oneshotted by Izaro if I fumble some of his attacks (lvl 68 Izaro) - just a normal roadblock at being 68? Or am I seriously undergeared? In general I feel I'm a bit weak re tanking dmg - some lucky shots from mobs (namely ranged) can leave me close to death

Thanks for your time and attention.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info