[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

I'm wondering where to go for the remaining 15 points after the passive build is complete.

There's Throatseeker + Heartseeker?
(total: +60 to DEX, +10 to INT, +84% crit multiplier, +50% crit chance)

Or Totemic Mastery + Shamanistic Fury?
(total: +30 to STR, +10 to DEX, +98% totem damage, +16% totem duration, +8% totem cast speed, +31% totem placement speed)

Or the Life Rectangle?
(total: +30 to INT, +20 to STR, 40% mana regen rate, 1%/s life regen, +20 to max life, +49% to max life)

Or something else entirely?
"
FeatherSigil wrote:
I'm wondering where to go for the remaining 15 points after the passive build is complete.

(total: +30 to STR, +10 to DEX, +98% totem damage, +16% totem duration, +8% totem cast speed, +31% totem placement speed)

Or the Life Rectangle?
(total: +30 to INT, +20 to STR, 40% mana regen rate, 1%/s life regen, +20 to max life, +49% to max life)

Grab any+all nearby life nodes. Been playing this build recently and similar builds before, and the damage isn't what it needs late-game, it should be essentially good there once your crit chance + crit multi is high enough. Therefore, if you're getting to the lv85+ with this, just start gobbling up all of the nearby Life nodes. The more HP and ES you can tack on to the build, the safer this already fairly safe build can become.
Can you guys give me advice on what the top priorities for me to improve are? I feel like I'm lacking survival/dps. I'm a noob so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have about 50-75 chaos to work with.

Last edited by atlasinvictus on Dec 25, 2017, 8:41:53 AM
"
atlasinvictus wrote:
Can you guys give me advice on what the top priorities for me to improve are? I feel like I'm lacking survival/dps. I'm a noob so any advice would be greatly appreciated. I have about 50-75 chaos to work with.

Merry Christmas, fellow exile!

1. How did you link all your gear like that? (I'm also a noob)

2. Where did you get so much chaos?! I need that chaos!

3. I don't know if these would be your top priorities but here are my recommendations.

The first thing I noticed is that you have nothing to purge curses with. Get a flask with Warding (immune to curses during flask effect, removes curses). Soul Mantle drops curses on you every time your totems go away for any reason (duration, destroyed, being re-positioned by you). Those curses will make you a lot weaker, especially Temporal Chains.

You don't need to link Glacial Cascade to Spell Totem inside Soul Mantle. Soul Mantle gives Spell Totem to every skill within it. Removing Spell Totem and attaching Added Fire to Glacial Cascade should give you a nice dps increase.

Link a fresh Immortal Call to Cast When Damage Taken. Its level is too high to be activated when you take damage. My Immortal Call is L5 and no higher. I also noticed you have Enfeeble and Temporal Chains? Do you have Whispers of Doom or some other way for enemies to take more than one curse? If not, then pick whichever curse you prefer and remove the other.

Link a fresh Arcane Surge to Orb of Storms and keep an eye on how much mana you have to spend to activate it. The threshold is pretty low and there's no reason to spam Orb of Storms. As long as Orb of Storms' mana cost is higher than Arcane Surge's threshold then you'll get the buff every time. My Arcane Surge is currently L7.

Remove either Increased Critical Strikes or Increased Area of Effect from Orb of Storms and put in Power Charge on Critical. That's the reason to use Orb of Storms in the first place and it'll improve your dps because Power Charges add to critical chance. I recommend keeping Increased Critical Strikes because more Orb of Storms crits means more consistent Power Charge uptime and more Shock debuffs, which increases the damage enemies suffer. That said, keep the support gem you want.

Consider getting two of The Long Winter for your passive tree, if you don't already have it. It's not mandatory but it's an amazing upgrade. On top of increasing Glacial Cascade's damage, it extends the skill's range by adding more hitboxes. The further away your totems can freeze and kill things the less likely those things will reach you, adding inherent survivability.
Last edited by FeatherSigil on Dec 25, 2017, 1:24:35 PM
Merry Christmas! Thank you so much for the invaluable advice! I took all of your recommendations and it's already helped a lot, especially cause I had no idea what I was doing (as evidenced by the spell totem in the Soul Mantle, haha).

1. When you're writing a post, click on your character portrait to the upper left of the screen. Then simply left-click once on every item you want to link. The items will automatically link.

2. Trading and maps! :)

Given my budget, what would be the best upgrade for my gear? A better dagger/scepter?

Last edited by atlasinvictus on Dec 25, 2017, 2:44:08 PM
Can I use tukohamas with this build?
Worth grabbing "Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage" on an amulet?
Great responses by both Exodus and Magicrectangle who seem like some experienced GC Tot Throwers. I agree with their responses to the gearing upgrades.

"

Or the Life Rectangle?

It's up to you! I typically go for more damage but others want more survivability. Do what suits your play style.

"
Can I use tukohamas with this build?
Would not recommend - covered this in the Questions section of the guide.

"
Worth grabbing "Non-Chaos Damage as extra Chaos Damage" on an amulet?
Yes, that is a great stat!
"
FeatherSigil wrote:

Or the Life Rectangle?

Personally, I would go for the totem damage, if only for the totem placement speed. That's the only thing i feel is lacking about this build.
"
Sigge1981 wrote:
"
FeatherSigil wrote:

Or the Life Rectangle?

Personally, I would go for the totem damage, if only for the totem placement speed. That's the only thing i feel is lacking about this build.

Slotting faster casting in the main link helps with this, but it is never going to feel as nice as warchief totems, with their natural 50% increased placement speed.

All of his suggestions for the remaining points involve a lot of travel, which I don't really like in the final points of a build. I tend to be trying to find efficient value out of every point.

To that end, I would mix and match from the above. Shamanistic fury + throatseeker is only 2 travel points, 8 points total. That leaves 7 points (5 if alira), which I would put into some of the stray life nodes, and mana (deep thoughts), or an extra jewel (ele, ele, jewel, above templar).

If damage is your only concern, then of course you can just go with whatever PoB tells you is the most damage. But if you're balancing against survival and QoL, it becomes a bit subjective.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info