[On Hold] Glacial Cascade Totems [ALL Content in the Game]

Having imported my build into PoB, I noticed something strange to me. If I remove my chest (Soul Mantle) my DPS and average hit damage goes up dramatically. Anyboy know why that might be?

https://pastebin.com/evGJQ5rF

"
percydaman2 wrote:
Having imported my build into PoB, I noticed something strange to me. If I remove my chest (Soul Mantle) my DPS and average hit damage goes up dramatically. Anyboy know why that might be?

https://pastebin.com/evGJQ5rF

It's probably because Soul Mantle has Spell Totem as one of it's links, which has a less damage and less cast speed modifier. Good luck playing this build without spell totem though.
Hi thi3n,

Thank you for the guide.

I found this

Is it good ?

And i'm looking to some upgrade.
I have completed elders and some t14 maps flawless.
Shaper down boys :)

Anyone have any comments about going for "Force Shaper" on the passive tree? It's 5 points right next to "Doom Cast" which would add 71% Physical damage as well as 10% increase Chaos damage and an extra 5% physical damage as chaos damage.
Building your build in Abyss atm, got my char to lv85. Core gem was a 5l and damage has never been an issue for me. But the survivability is lacking, especially when dealing with high crit physical damage. I am staying at around 3.5k hp with 600 energy shield and 1400 mana. I am running essence worm but other items also got decent hp.
The Immortal call suggested to attach to CWDT. How do you build up endurance charges? I can't see anything in the build that would.

Last edited by percydaman2 on Dec 16, 2017, 4:24:11 PM
"
myhaohao94 wrote:
Building your build in Abyss atm, got my char to lv85. Core gem was a 5l and damage has never been an issue for me. But the survivability is lacking, especially when dealing with high crit physical damage. I am staying at around 3.5k hp with 600 energy shield and 1400 mana. I am running essence worm but other items also got decent hp.

Yeah this is my problem too. I often die because of simple phys dmg that I cannot handle. I should try to play more passive behind my totems I guess.
Alright so I'm starting to push Maps now and I'm finding that I just randomly start taking damage over time, probably bleeding damage or something, but enough that it takes me from full life down to zero very fast. Of course when it happens I start flailing and often can manage to heal up and get out of the combat zone but I don't take the time to check my debuffs to see exactly what is causing the damage. Any suggestions? How often can Immortal Call occur anyways? I've leveled it up a bit with the concept that I want the health threshold to be higher so that it doesn't trigger on a small amount of damage thus causing it to be on cooldown when a larger burst comes through. However Thi3n suggests keeping it at level one, so I'm not sure because obviously he's the more successful one here haha.

Do you guys think it's bleed damage, because it seems like a lot of damage for a DOT?

And yeah like someone else mentioned, I also need to start playing more defensively and staying behind my totems more. I think the problem I have is that 90% of the time I'm safe pushing more aggressively, then there's just random unique mobs with certain combinations of abilities that really put me in my place. So it's hard to go slow 100% of the time when you only really need to 10% of the time lol.

I had hardly any cast speed until recently and I was amazed at how big of a difference the cast speed makes. It really increases your survivability because your Cascades are hitting more mobs more often and slowing/killing them when they would otherwise reach you. It's a lot more than a simple increase of DPS that's for sure.

"
percydaman2 wrote:
The Immortal call suggested to attach to CWDT. How do you build up endurance charges? I can't see anything in the build that would.

I don't believe you actually get endurance charges, Immortal Call will still trigger for something like half a second though, which is long enough to protect you from the rest of the burst damage coming at you. Endurance charges would simply extend the base amount of time you're protected. That's my understanding anyways, I'm still a bit of a noob so if anyone reading this can correct me feel free.
Last edited by Defiants on Dec 16, 2017, 7:23:44 PM
For the guys having issues with survivability here's a few comments. Firstly, I would highly recommend getting Whispers of Doom passive and use CWDT-ImmortalCall-TempChains-Enfeeble. You will notice a big increase in survivability. Second, if you're using elemental focus take it out and only swap it in on bosses as it stops you from chilling and freezing mobs (which is another form of defense). Shattering mobs will also protect you from certain on death effects and won't leave behind corpses for detonate dead mobs to play with. Thirdly, playstyle is the biggest factor - until you acquire the gear to roflstomp the game you MUST stay behind your totems.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info