Buff Bar

I wouldnt mind if there was an option for it, since it no longer shows how many minions, of anykind, or auras, are affecting you that you use personally. But I've also seen builds whos entire screen across the top is FILLED with buffs. literally from left side to right side. Since the buff icons on the xbox are that much bigger, and take up so much more space. With that much space, and that many buffs, it will make it difficult to see alot of content. I do prefer not having my whole screen cluttered with about 20+ buffs, but I would like to option what buffs do and do not make it to my screen. Shrines, headhunter and stolen rare monster mods, minions, auras, status effect, ailments, curses, etc.

In short, option would be nice, but I'll take this version over screen clutter.
'It is good to contact a moderator if you feel someone is being a twat' Charan, Forum Moderator

Sometimes, we have to cross a ditch.
Sometimes, we have to cross an ocean.-Rhys, GGG
I just want the option to have it back. I can understand how some builds might see it as a huge negative, but other builds might also find it crucial, or a huge benefit, to see a consolidated list of buffs, especially since several things in this game are extremely short durations, and the ability to QUICKLY ascertain whether it is on/off is amazingly necessary. If your personal build is capable of ignoring any and all things that enemies throw at you, awesome, please post the build, because I'm pretty sure it isn't WAI lol, the game isn't built to have any all-powerful God builds, but to have builds that are exceptionally powerful if you play them well, planned them out well, etc.

But, there aren't any really good indicators in game (aside from fire, really) that you have been hit by something that needs your attention immediately. Also, when you trigger any effect that lasts a short while, but will increase your ability to do damage? I don't notice anything different when Onslaught is triggered (and that is something from the tutorial for some people), no way to know, so it might very well get completely wasted, or used on a trivial enemy, etc.

Buff bars are exceptionally useful, to the point that some (like me) feel they are vital... so, at the least, give us the option!
I also played with "permanent summons"on my back bar, and active abilities on front bar. Having the buff bar back as an option would be amazing. In beta I had around 40-50 summons so I'd prefer to glance up "zombies good, skeletons good, golem good, down a guardian spirit *summon replacement*, and back to raging spirits". The end result will be similar where they are now. I just find a buff bar to be more convenient personally.

Hopefully ggg sees some people want it and bring it back.
@zalm
I hadn't actually thought about the screen clutter. During beta I only really had my summons that I wanted to track. I wonder if they could have toggle options for different types of buffs so you could keep track of one's you wanted and hide the ones you don't?

Thank you for your opinion as it caused me to reformulate my own.
Yah, just give us the option of whether we want a bar or not. If they want to get deeper into it, for future QOL improvements, add options of which buffs, or just positive/negative bars, or something, I don't know. But, just the ability to see what is going on at a quick simple glance? Priceless! (and I don't mean put the option in the MT's!!!)
We can't see auras either but I think that's less of an issue.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info