Buff Bar

Where did it go???

Back in Beta, I was able to see how many minions I had active at all times. Now, I have no idea if they died, got lost, got stuck behind something, and with as many enemies as we get on screen, it is near impossible to keep track of how many I have at times. So... WHERE did it go? That was one QOL feature that was absolutely important, so, am I missing a setting somewhere? Or, did you guys remove it? Or, is it a bug that it isn't showing up? Or, what?
Last bumped on Aug 26, 2017, 8:06:08 PM
"
Shadoe_Wrayth wrote:
Where did it go???

Back in Beta, I was able to see how many minions I had active at all times. Now, I have no idea if they died, got lost, got stuck behind something, and with as many enemies as we get on screen, it is near impossible to keep track of how many I have at times. So... WHERE did it go? That was one QOL feature that was absolutely important, so, am I missing a setting somewhere? Or, did you guys remove it? Or, is it a bug that it isn't showing up? Or, what?

its in the skill bar/wheel , right corner.

i honestly like it better that way
I honestly think that is absurd. With just a glance, I could see, WHILE ATTACKING, how many of everything I had running around. And since I usually end up keeping my minions on the second page of abilities, and my active spells on the first, this means I now need will need to either keep them on the first page, and RT to actually attack, or continually hit RT to see if any have died to keep the numbers at max. Not doing so can quickly result in death in certain circumstances. If I let some minions die and not be replaced ASAP, then can end up with a tremendous shift in DPS, which then kills more minions quickly, and end up with me on the run trying to get back in control.

How about give us the choice of having a buff bar active, since some like it one way, some the other. I am not going to stick around for long if I have to continually micromanage by going to the RT page, instead of just glancing up to make sure my numbers are good. To me, that is ridiculous to even ask of players.
"
Shadoe_Wrayth wrote:
I honestly think that is absurd. With just a glance, I could see, WHILE ATTACKING, how many of everything I had running around. And since I usually end up keeping my minions on the second page of abilities, and my active spells on the first, this means I now need will need to either keep them on the first page, and RT to actually attack, or continually hit RT to see if any have died to keep the numbers at max. Not doing so can quickly result in death in certain circumstances. If I let some minions die and not be replaced ASAP, then can end up with a tremendous shift in DPS, which then kills more minions quickly, and end up with me on the run trying to get back in control.

How about give us the choice of having a buff bar active, since some like it one way, some the other. I am not going to stick around for long if I have to continually micromanage by going to the RT page, instead of just glancing up to make sure my numbers are good. To me, that is ridiculous to even ask of players.

just turn on health bars ?

but i wouldnt complain if we could switch between both versions.
It isn't health bars... I need the buff bar. My minion build gets up to around 25-30 minions, possibly more at higher levels. And that isn't counting totems. Do you understand how insane it would be to try and count health bars with everything moving around constantly? There isn't a pause button lol, so no way that would work. I need to be able to look up and see how many zombies, skeletons, spectres, golem(s), totem(s) I have, is my animated guardian even still alive? That dude is near invisible! Add in enemies, and minions, and ZERO chance of picking him out in the crowd... =( And, going back and forth constantly on RT page to check minions? I realize, 8 slots, and 5 or 6 are minions, but, during fights, I want to be moving quick, keeping an eye out for dangers that get through, and all... not trying to keep count of my minions by tabbing around. That equals death... at the very least, inefficiency. I'm extremely OCD, so, no thanks. Give me back my efficient, easy to just dart my eyes up and see, buff bar.
"
Shadoe_Wrayth wrote:
It isn't health bars... I need the buff bar. My minion build gets up to around 25-30 minions, possibly more at higher levels. And that isn't counting totems. Do you understand how insane it would be to try and count health bars with everything moving around constantly? There isn't a pause button lol, so no way that would work. I need to be able to look up and see how many zombies, skeletons, spectres, golem(s), totem(s) I have, is my animated guardian even still alive? That dude is near invisible! Add in enemies, and minions, and ZERO chance of picking him out in the crowd... =( And, going back and forth constantly on RT page to check minions? I realize, 8 slots, and 5 or 6 are minions, but, during fights, I want to be moving quick, keeping an eye out for dangers that get through, and all... not trying to keep count of my minions by tabbing around. That equals death... at the very least, inefficiency. I'm extremely OCD, so, no thanks. Give me back my efficient, easy to just dart my eyes up and see, buff bar.

im just lvling up a summoner as well, and i have zero issues. besides having 1 gem slot reserved becausd of the amazing ai ....

i just say it and move on, what ever build you are describing/playing, isnt effective with or without the buffbar. and there is no extremly ocd, its either having it or not, and like most ppl on the internet who use it as an argument, im pretty sure you dont have it.

You can think whatever you wish. I'm not here to prove myself to anyone. However, I'm so glad that you can do all that you do, and are awesome like that, I guess... but, just because you find no difficulties in doing something, does not say that others feel the same. Check out pretty much any other game where there are buffs with short timers, or summons... inevitably, a large portion of players get irritated at there not being a buff bar, enough that eventually the developers figure out, "Hey, it really doesn't cost us anything to ADD an option for having it in the UI!"

Well, PoE already HAD one, why did they just drop it entirely, no option to turn it on or off, just... GONE?? That is almost like telling your players that really like having one, that you not only don't care, but are going out of your way to piss them off. Why would they just completely drop it, and change to this way? Where was the discussion asking players how they would feel about that change, or players asking for the buff bar to just be dropped?

I saw so many other requests, and based on what I am seeing the 'final' version to be, 99% of them were ultimately, and completely, ignored... btw, great way to have a beta, when you seem to disregard so much of player feedback... But, then, they go and do completely unasked for things? I admit, I dropped from the beta about a week before release, because I had seen enough disregard for feedback, to understand that the beta was pretty much worthless except as maybe advertisement... So, if they dropped the buff bar in the last week, I didn't notice.

But, come on, they already have the coding for it, it was already in... why not just put it in the options??
"
Shadoe_Wrayth wrote:
You can think whatever you wish. I'm not here to prove myself to anyone. However, I'm so glad that you can do all that you do, and are awesome like that, I guess... but, just because you find no difficulties in doing something, does not say that others feel the same. Check out pretty much any other game where there are buffs with short timers, or summons... inevitably, a large portion of players get irritated at there not being a buff bar, enough that eventually the developers figure out, "Hey, it really doesn't cost us anything to ADD an option for having it in the UI!"

Well, PoE already HAD one, why did they just drop it entirely, no option to turn it on or off, just... GONE?? That is almost like telling your players that really like having one, that you not only don't care, but are going out of your way to piss them off. Why would they just completely drop it, and change to this way? Where was the discussion asking players how they would feel about that change, or players asking for the buff bar to just be dropped?

I saw so many other requests, and based on what I am seeing the 'final' version to be, 99% of them were ultimately, and completely, ignored... btw, great way to have a beta, when you seem to disregard so much of player feedback... But, then, they go and do completely unasked for things? I admit, I dropped from the beta about a week before release, because I had seen enough disregard for feedback, to understand that the beta was pretty much worthless except as maybe advertisement... So, if they dropped the buff bar in the last week, I didn't notice.

But, come on, they already have the coding for it, it was already in... why not just put it in the options??

there are many reason why, maybe it was bad for the performance, maybe it was bugging out the ui scaling, maybe feedback from ppl who disliked it was bigger,.....

and the beta wasnt for pr. betas, esp ones that short, arent used to gather feedback on mechanics first but rather to find bugs and test servers, systems thst are critical for the program to run. you can be a 100% sure they read feedback, and will act on it if they can (as long as its doable and makes sense) but to think they need to ask players before they change anything is beyond silly.

besides 90% of the feedback in the beta forum was worthless anyway.

Never ceases to amaze me how many people on the internet somehow, even subconsciously, believe they are all that matters, and they defend ridiculous decisions, based solely on their own personal viewpoint, even if it isn't shared by the majority.

90% was worthless, yet, thousands of posts were made in both defense and opposition... which tells me that, yes, some see it like you, and some don't. There were more than plenty posts, and from my way of seeing, all opinions are welcome, and important, even if they are undoable, or impossible to implement... they are still important!

As several others have pointed out, there was a STAGGERING lack of communication from GGG, which is shocking, as they are usually VERY communicative. Any input from them would have assisted in keeping down the trolling that was done (Trolling is just a pretty way of saying BULLYING, but usually only done online, not in RL). I abhor trolls, especially in a feedback area, because the entire purpose of their actions is to defy and work counter to anything constructive or productive, simply because they, themselves, do not agree. They do this instead of just passing by, and ignoring the threads they don't like.

The problem here, isn't that you very obviously disagree with my opinion, and that is fine, we are all allowed to have them. It is that you also completely disregard every other player that disagrees with you. I have run into you in other threads, and you always seem to come off as 'THAT' guy... the one who never has problems, thinks the game is 100% awesome, and doesn't need to change anything, and if anyone has any problems, they just need to learn to play, because they obviously are just not that good! You have played every possible build, and know the best ways and most efficient methods. Yeah, you come off as 'THAT' guy. If you disagree, I cannot help you with that, because the only way you will understand, is if you go back and read every post you have made as if you were HONESTLY someone else.

Aside from those points, for a game developer to NEVER seek the feedback and opinions of its players, is insane. You say, "to think they need to ask players before they change anything is beyond silly." But, I never said they had to get permission, or any synonym for permission that you would like. I said that during a BETA, when they are asking for feedback already, to dramatically change an element of the game and not at least SEE what players think, is dumb. Dumb beyond explanation. WTH are the players doing beta for, if not to look for bugs, glitches, check to see if anything can be improved, etc? The entire concept is for those players to offer advice and feedback!

This is like writing a book, then having someone read it, asking for their advice and input, then after they give it, you toss their feedback in the trash, rewrite a few chapters (that are unrelated to what they gave feedback about), not changing any of what they DID give feedback about, and then publishing the book. Why the hell did you ask for input, if you had no intentions of ever making use of it, and change things that no one even came close to mentioning? It is baffling, to say the least.
what majority ? only a fraction of ppl care about forums

and do you really think ppl who dont agree should just ignore it ? an what if your feedback does involve a change i dont agree with ?

you should get off your high horse, and dont word your feedback like a rant that involves "but others think that to...". people can and will talk for themself, if they agree or not.

overall your posts imo just proofed me right on most feedback is a waste of time beyond "he doesnt like it"

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info