Returning after 1 year but still slow motions and fast forwards

Tala Moana Exiles,

Now that so many acts have been added, I returned to PoE and immediately bought a supporter pack. I'm happy with so much new content, but a problem that always haunted me appears to be still there:
Sometimes the game starts to slow down, but then catches up by fast forwarding. It's a great recepy for dying.
I feel forced into very safe builds that can often handle this situation, like summoner, totems, big AoE leech casters,... . It's very sad though I have to build around this. I'm also excluded from hardcore because of this.

Anyone else experiencing this problem or knows a solution to it?
Thanks!
Last bumped on Aug 21, 2017, 9:34:43 PM
ive had this happen but its extremely rare

its likely an issue with your hardware
I dont see any any key!
"
Soepkieken wrote:
Tala Moana Exiles,

Now that so many acts have been added, I returned to PoE and immediately bought a supporter pack. I'm happy with so much new content, but a problem that always haunted me appears to be still there:
Sometimes the game starts to slow down, but then catches up by fast forwarding. It's a great recepy for dying.
I feel forced into very safe builds that can often handle this situation, like summoner, totems, big AoE leech casters,... . It's very sad though I have to build around this. I'm also excluded from hardcore because of this.

Anyone else experiencing this problem or knows a solution to it?
Thanks!

That's what the game does when your internet connection goes bad and the client stops communicating with the server.

In the settings you should have "Lockstep" mode selected for networking. This is the new mode that eliminates desync. Before you wouldn't stop and then fast forward. Instead you would get desync and then warp back.

If you are getting a lot of of these slowdowns and fast forwards it is because your internet connection is not consistent.
this game will ALWAYS be laggy and crappy.. dont expect it to get better..
"
CaoMengde wrote:

I dont see any any key!
"
CaoMengde wrote:

This is rubbish, and you know it. ;)

I've had about zero lag or latency issues this league and I can confirm that in most circumstances the issue is in between server and client.

If the server would have an issue, EVERYBODY on that server would have that issue, not just some. If you are on a server, lets say Frankfurt, and have a lot of issues there BUT you see other players for example on Stream who are also on Frankfurt and doesn't have any issue at all, well - count 1 and 1 together ;)
Ive recently came back too. When I played last I had a huge lag problem (slow down/fast forward). I tried all kinds of crazy fixes to no avail. Now Ive came back with an unlimited data plan on my phone and Ive started tethering the lag is almost nonexistant. Maybe its your internet? I played a little bit on my crappy ol' att dsl and it was ok for awhile then the lag went crazy so Im tethering from here on out. Good luck.
Have you deleted your Minimap temp files...

"You've got to grind, grind, grind at that grindstone..."
Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

The perfect solution to fix Trade Chat:
www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2247070
Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 21, 2017, 9:33:45 PM

Necessity may be the mother of invention, but poor QoP in PoE is the father of frustration.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 21, 2017, 9:37:31 PM
Have you deleted your Minimap temp files?:

Has anyone else experienced this problem? (plus solution)

I wouldn't have thought a few temp files would cause major Frame Time lag and thus kill my fps but it does. No one knows why it is with my Windows 7, Samsung 500 GB 840 SSD, AMD R270 GPU, and 3.5 Ghz Intel i7 cpu but it sure does.

Last edited by Arrowneous on Aug 21, 2017, 10:20:39 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info