Golemancer Question

Hey guys - happy Monday.

I want to make a primordial flame golem build again and wondering what you guys think in terms of items? Given the ES nerfs, is it better to go life or would it be viable to go as ES still? I have over 500c on hardcore through my trades (just lost my char last night) so I have plenty of currency to make the build I just need advice on survivability.

Looking forward to some help from the team here!
Last bumped on Aug 28, 2017, 5:09:22 AM
Honestly if you want to survive better I would go MoM + Life. But that is just me. Probably go Covenant for chest to get the free 7 link.

But MoM+Life > ES at the moment unless you are planning on going low life. Even then, you will get gibbed a lot in higher tier maps.

I don't know how far 500c carries players on HC, since i'm a softcore player. But assuming 1/2 the price of softcore you will have more than enough to do a good golemancer.
"
Honestly if you want to survive better I would go MoM + Life. But that is just me. Probably go Covenant for chest to get the free 7 link.

But MoM+Life > ES at the moment unless you are planning on going low life. Even then, you will get gibbed a lot in higher tier maps.

I don't know how far 500c carries players on HC, since i'm a softcore player. But assuming 1/2 the price of softcore you will have more than enough to do a good golemancer.

I am not sure how MoM would work for me as I am running 2 curses so mana will be pretty low right? I just actually did a test run on my old level 86 that had a 800+ ES chest, 400+Es shield, and I test spec'd into ES with all that gear and I only got 7k LOL. I had almost double that I think when I first ran in. Sad - sounds like ES is out of the question even with my old gear that was amazing.

Have you made a golemancer before or has anyone here? I am just so worried about getting 1 shot as I tried to make one in the beta and I couldn't go near t5+ maps with 3k life. I was getting rekt constantly.
Currently have a hybrid 6 golem golemancer and its doing ok so far.

2.5K life
3.5K es

and gear is pretty mediocre plus I have 20 skill points to still spec. Phase run on CWDT means I usually only take one hit then everything loses agro if I run through a pack. As long as I dont get one shot I see the build doing just fine. If this post is still around I'll update once I get to higher tier maps.

Forgot I can just load up a higher tier map lol.

Did a lvl 11 Bazaar map with twinned, crit mod, boss damage mod. Had to resummon golems a bit since they are still low level and I'm missing a few harmony's. I was able to take the boss hits and kite around until they died. I'm only level 69 too.
Last edited by gladiatorpie on Aug 21, 2017, 3:19:07 PM
"
dsata wrote:

I am not sure how MoM would work for me as I am running 2 curses so mana will be pretty low right? I just actually did a test run on my old level 86 that had a 800+ ES chest, 400+Es shield, and I test spec'd into ES with all that gear and I only got 7k LOL. I had almost double that I think when I first ran in. Sad - sounds like ES is out of the question even with my old gear that was amazing.

Have you made a golemancer before or has anyone here? I am just so worried about getting 1 shot as I tried to make one in the beta and I couldn't go near t5+ maps with 3k life. I was getting rekt constantly.

Are you running 2 curses on blasphemy? You might want to get a Level 3/4 enlighten plus some reserve reduction on the tree.

I'm not sure what your target life needs to be. As a golemancer you shouldn't really be getting hit at all since your entire focus is to move around and not die while your golems do the hard stuff.

Even 5K life +_MOM w/ 300 free mana would be a nice boon to defense. Since your golems are set and forget what are you needing a ton of mana for exactly?
"
gladiatorpie wrote:
Currently have a hybrid 6 golem golemancer and its doing ok so far.

2.5K life
3.5K es

and gear is pretty mediocre plus I have 20 skill points to still spec. Phase run on CWDT means I usually only take one hit then everything loses agro if I run through a pack. As long as I dont get one shot I see the build doing just fine. If this post is still around I'll update once I get to higher tier maps.

Forgot I can just load up a higher tier map lol.

Did a lvl 11 Bazaar map with twinned, crit mod, boss damage mod. Had to resummon golems a bit since they are still low level and I'm missing a few harmony's. I was able to take the boss hits and kite around until they died. I'm only level 69 too.

Can you tell me more about your build and why you decided to go Elementalist over standard Necro build? Also, your chars are private so I cant see your tree - would love to get some help from you especially if you are playing HC - will pay for your time in currency.

"

Are you running 2 curses on blasphemy? You might want to get a Level 3/4 enlighten plus some reserve reduction on the tree.

I'm not sure what your target life needs to be. As a golemancer you shouldn't really be getting hit at all since your entire focus is to move around and not die while your golems do the hard stuff.

Even 5K life +_MOM w/ 300 free mana would be a nice boon to defense. Since your golems are set and forget what are you needing a ton of mana for exactly?

Well I was going to run flammability + effeble + disciple in a Heretic Veil but given I am not going with ES build, I don't know that I even need to run Heretic since I will only need 2 curses right?

FYI here was my tree with the guy I just died with not too long ago on HC - took a ton of life talents and only had 3k life..

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAMDAAQHBLMI9A3iES0VJxVQFm8abBzcHxgi9CSqJ6ko-iqYLJw1kjbpOlg64UGHRUdFnUZxSI5LV0yzTeNR-1NSVK5VxlqRX7BqQ2qsa9tsC20Zb558g30YfdJ_xoLHgwmDzIPbhMWIQIyxjxqPRpAzkyeYrZrgm7WdrqEvogCmV6aspwiofbQMtz64k7zqvoq_l8BmwOPJPcpKytPNFtAf0_vYvdkL34rjauvu7Irv6_Af8bPyHvJF-ej6gP4K_o8=?accountName=dsata&characterName=FlameGolem
Last edited by dsata on Aug 21, 2017, 3:32:16 PM
I prefer elementalist for golemancer as well since you get a free +1 golem AND the most important thing is that they are immune to elemental damage which is pretty OP. Most of the time they will only die to large boss slams...other than that they just live through everything.

I don't think flammability is worth it. If you are going to go double curse than enfeeble temp chains is better. And yes if you go life MOM then you don't need discipline which frees up a lot of mana.

You also get a ton of mana multipliers behind MOM node itself.

You might just want to get Path of Building app and test different configurations for yourself.

Personally I would go with probably 1 curse (temp chains or enfeeble) and look at other auras (maybe anger? would have to test).

At the end of the day the scaling on golems is crazy. If you go elementalist and make them immune to ele damage it's even crazier.

I would drop focus on getting every minion node and path to more life nodes. You won't need too many damage nodes as Golems tend to scale well just by gem levels... not to mention you'll have like seven of them running around.
"
I prefer elementalist for golemancer as well since you get a free +1 golem AND the most important thing is that they are immune to elemental damage which is pretty OP. Most of the time they will only die to large boss slams...other than that they just live through everything.

I don't think flammability is worth it. If you are going to go double curse than enfeeble temp chains is better. And yes if you go life MOM then you don't need discipline which frees up a lot of mana.

You also get a ton of mana multipliers behind MOM node itself.

You might just want to get Path of Building app and test different configurations for yourself.

Personally I would go with probably 1 curse (temp chains or enfeeble) and look at other auras (maybe anger? would have to test).

At the end of the day the scaling on golems is crazy. If you go elementalist and make them immune to ele damage it's even crazier.

I would drop focus on getting every minion node and path to more life nodes. You won't need too many damage nodes as Golems tend to scale well just by gem levels... not to mention you'll have like seven of them running around.

Awesome feedback man - I was wondering what you thought about this guide with the shield? He is doing hybrid build and maybe it makes sense to follow since I can afford most gear:

https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1827487/page/1
What he said -

I've made a golemancer on my alt account and it has to be one of the easiest leveling builds ever. Once you have your 2 clayshapers plus anima plus might and a few hamonies the golems become tanks.

Elementalist is far superior to necromancer, the +1 golems and immunity is all you need. I think i managed to get the normal and cruel labs done and I stopped there as there isn't much to be gained from doing the other 2 labs.

Just grab one or two of the minion damage nodes and spend the rest into your life or ES depending on your choice.

As far as curses go, two is awesome but make sure they match your golem choice. I play 4 flame golems so I have flammability and temp chains. Everything is slowed and they take tons more damage from the fire golems. The ice and lightning are linked into minion life and culling strike for faster kills. Running with a bisco's setup provides alot of loot but lets your defences down. I can run tier 12/13 maps without thinking.

I'll make my alt public and post a link to it here if you like.

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"
essemoni wrote:
What he said -

I've made a golemancer on my alt account and it has to be one of the easiest leveling builds ever. Once you have your 2 clayshapers plus anima plus might and a few hamonies the golems become tanks.

Elementalist is far superior to necromancer, the +1 golems and immunity is all you need. I think i managed to get the normal and cruel labs done and I stopped there as there isn't much to be gained from doing the other 2 labs.

Just grab one or two of the minion damage nodes and spend the rest into your life or ES depending on your choice.

As far as curses go, two is awesome but make sure they match your golem choice. I play 4 flame golems so I have flammability and temp chains. Everything is slowed and they take tons more damage from the fire golems. The ice and lightning are linked into minion life and culling strike for faster kills. Running with a bisco's setup provides alot of loot but lets your defences down. I can run tier 12/13 maps without thinking.

I'll make my alt public and post a link to it here if you like.

Cheers,
Matt.

Sent you a PM matt - thanks for any help.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info