halp im cornered by 200 invincible koles (3 hitting anything but cant leave a scratch on bosses)

hey guys and girls.
i think i fucked up my templar. not completely i think, but my spellsetup is just so "dumb".
need some suggestions of what i could use effectively. i can easily kill every mobgroup & rares except bosses like "kole". using lightning strike (2k dps) for "single target" and for AOE standard lmp chain lightning arrow (cannot use spells like freezing pulse w/o having 60 dps). also got molten shell and conductivity as curse. but its not enough. i need like 1 hour kiting at kole, everything else is fine (2-3 hitting mobs with LS is okay i think)

heres my passive tree (lvl 66 atm):

http://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAAAgUAAP0CcQSzBVsMfRB_FE0UsBZvF1AZLhmFGjgabCQ8JKonqSftKU8yiTbpRtdMLU3YUFBUSVXGV-JYY1nzWm1dxl8_YG1nvXKpd-V82X5Zf8aBb4IegpuDOIuMjHaMz49GkFWboZ2Ana6ePKIAoqOnCKdcp4SsmKyquJO53cAawfPGnsbYz2XQ0NSP2t3bC93z4XPjauQi51LsOO0g7w7wH_F28i_z3fZI99c=

some stats:

HP: 3,4k (400 reserved)
Mana: 1,3k (1,2k reserved, but no mana probs at all)
resistances: all capped at 82% but chaos -44% (had to switch my chaos gear with new stuff)
armor: 1181 (with molten shell (with i can keep up all the time 4,1k)
evasion: 513
hp regen: 100
mana regen: 72

auras used:
discipline, clarity, purity, wrath, determination
(wanna change purity with grace when i crafted my new chest)
the next 5 levels i'll take 4 life nodes, after this i wanted to get the armor nodes on the marauder tree.

my gear atm:

this is the chest im crafting (need the right socket links, dont have fusings atm)

hope you can help me and maybe suggest what gems/skills i could use to erase the problem with the bosses. i thought of getting some traps or something, but dunno if i could use them effectively with this build. (it's not like i die 24/7 but it's annoying that i have to leave bosses alone because i cant do anything to them)

greetings / xDysphoria (IGN)
You have all these increased elemental damage nodes, but not nearly enough +elemental damage on your weapons. There is so much physical damage on your axe, but barely any elemental. Also revisit your jewelry choices imo. I think this is contributing significantly to your damage problems.
i got this maul too:

but i lose over 500 dps with it, somehow. just got this axe because it boosts my dps.
have tried so many other gemcombos but nothing works.
could it work when i get + elemental dmg on rings & necklace, maybe gloves/quiver?
also picked up a bear trap with added fire dmg now. gonna see if it helps.

and just want to know if i can stick with LA for AOE and LS+bear trap for single target?
would get the 12% lightning dmg node in the witch tree.
god, this theorycrafting is harder than the actual game. but i like it. :)
Don't listen to this guy Lightning strike converts your physical to elemental damage which then gets increased by the elemental damage nodes that is perfectly fine.

Try to use LS with Lesser multiple projectiles and chain if you can manage to get one. Your skill build is perfectly fine your lack of damage is related to two things:

First of all LS isn't quite the best single target ability it's not meant to kill bosses try to get heavy Strike or another attack that suits you well, will work wonders on bosses.

Secondly your equipment while overall not being horrible leaves a lot of room for improvement especially your chest (really don't know why you use that) your amulet and your rings can be drastically improved.
Try to get some nice damage rolls on them and your DPS will increase significantely.
i got LMP & chain on my LA, so i could swtich them to my LS. just need the right sockets. testet heavy strike & infernal blow got 3-4k dps there. just have to learn kiting with pure melee abilies (will be impossible to facetank kole for me, for example).
i'll try to get some new rings and stuff.

and for my chest: i postet another one under my gearlist (but have to get at least a 4 link with it to use it - the last 15 fusings didnt achieve it.)

thanks for the reply. i'll see what i can do with the adjustments. :)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info