I still feel like HP builds are weak...

"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG simply does not want you to be able to reliably tank(or survive) end game content. In their vision players should need to manually evade, log out macro or have the foresight not to run hard maps.

The need to evade one shot mechanics is an elementary part of the game and it's also a skill check. it's exists is almost all games of this genre and others. Asking to be granted the ability to ignore them is asking to kill the game and make it a dull mess.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
As I said, life is fine. What's not fine is being pigeon holed into Vaal Pact. Insta leech or die. Much diversity, many interesting. Not.

Not using VP and I can do Guardians. Not the best build for guardians either btw. Sorry to burst your bubble.

lol my bubble. WHat do you mean "by the way"? What build sin't best? One without Vaal pact? yes, I know.
Last edited by DamageIncorporated on Aug 21, 2017, 12:57:41 PM
"
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
As I said, life is fine. What's not fine is being pigeon holed into Vaal Pact. Insta leech or die. Much diversity, many interesting. Not.

Not using VP and I can do Guardians. Not the best build for guardians either btw. Sorry to burst your bubble.

lol my bubble. What do you mean "by the way"? What build sin't best? One without Vaal pact? yes, I know.

It's simply a matter of choice on how you want to play the game. Most people don't realize it because they only listen to streamers because using the round thing on their shoulders would be to much to ask.

Having a high HP pool, good regeneration and normal leech make the game a lot smoother to play in what I consider to be 90% of content:
- general mapping situations and most map bosses
- Uber lab is cake.

The only place VP would be an advantage (please note i said advantage and NOT necessity) is 4x Guardians, 1 x Shaper, 1 X Uber Atziri. Sacrifice my comfortable way of playing by dumping all regeneration for 6 specific situations? That is a choice I will pass on that.

"By the way" was a figure of speech.

My build is not the best for that as it is not optimized build for damage and Guardian/Shaper/Uber. You can see that by taking the time to check it. It can however stun lock all content including T15. That was the goal of my build when I made it.

To clarify in case my point flies above your head:

- the build traded off damage on purpose for Stun making it less viable for Boss farm.
- It has nothing to do with having VP or not.

That been said I was curious and I cleared Minotaur, Pheonix and Hydra. Again the only thing lacking for me to find it worth farming them is damage and not VP.

I am confident I can do Uber Atziri with it because I have no need to stand in one shot mechanics and leech my pool full. I can actually play the game mechanically decent enough.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Aug 21, 2017, 2:03:43 PM
Making alternatives weaker does not make you stronger. Simple logic.
Ive made an absolute ton of life characters over the past few years, never used vp, dont feel like its necessary for anything outside of tanking shaper beams that you can just sidestep. Never used belly or a new school kaoms, think theyre pretty shit armours generally, I dont ever use them because I feel like theyre just defensively bad for most things. You can do ok life stackers, and if youve also got something like high block gladiator stuff going on then a belly can be a serious choice. For me every time Ive made a life build theres been a chest Id much rather use than a belly or a 500 life kaoms. Ive seen them used well, its not that I think theyre always bad, theyre just usually bad imo.

Most people think belly and kaoms are bis for life builds, but then again most of those people think life is shit and you need vp to survive so I dont rly have much confidence in their take on things tbh.
Slayer leech is totally fine for all content. I've done everything except Uber Atziri, and while they weren't all deathless all of the situations that killed me I would have died even if I had instant leech.

"
The_Gurk wrote:
It is kind of sad that so few unique armors are viable for HC play. I feel pretty cornered into going belly. On the other hand, I am neither a berserker not a VP char...

Just a heads up for anyone thinking this, Belly is a noob trap/lazy mans option. You can get more hp from a rare chest with higher resists/defenses. The difference is how readily available bellys are and how it takes zero effort to raise your hp with it.

Just thought people might want to know better options are out there for less than 80c for unlinked crap rolled bellys.
I don't like the enemy crits so once in a while that insta gib me as a life build.

Also people take VP to not rip vs reflect. That's basically the only reason to use VP (and okay maybe to facetank Shaper beam).
Once your DPS get's high, you die insta on some off-screen reflect, a reflect you didn't see or one that a Harbinger just spawned in. And almost all active popular builds need VP to stop dying vs reflects.

My problem with life builds is that even with 5k hp, you still get insta-gibbed so once in a while (you forget flask or run out of charges). At 8k hp and onwards this basically doesn't happen anymore.
Last edited by silverdash on Aug 21, 2017, 5:57:10 PM
Life was always fine before and now more than fine. Y'all just used to 13-15K ES with leech mechanics with barley any investment. Meaning there was no tough choices life or DPS. Now there is.

Anyway with lower amounts of life like 5-6K you need mitigation and/or MoM to not get one shot. Most things are avoidable but still plenty can hit you for 6-7K depending on map mods.Plan for it.
Git R Dun!
Last edited by Aim_Deep on Aug 21, 2017, 7:46:02 PM
"
Bone2flesh wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
GGG simply does not want you to be able to reliably tank(or survive) end game content. In their vision players should need to manually evade, log out macro or have the foresight not to run hard maps.

The need to evade one shot mechanics is an elementary part of the game and it's also a skill check. it's exists is almost all games of this genre and others. Asking to be granted the ability to ignore them is asking to kill the game and make it a dull mess.

im pretty sure the point of making a "tank" character is to exactly TANK those 1shot mechanics, if i have to dodge them what is the point of making a tank? (max block/dodge, lost of armor/evade, MoM etc etc etc)
Last edited by spoc002 on Aug 21, 2017, 8:44:17 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info