Why are exalted prices so extremely low?

I leveled 3 characters (lvl 90, 88 and 79) and still only 10 exalted shards. So why are ex worth less than half their value this league?

Are they hardcore price-fixing? Are botters getting lots of exalted shards? Or what/why? What's going on?
Last bumped on Aug 20, 2017, 11:31:39 PM
Zana does not suck and drains chaos at an insane rate.
ES% from rings are gone and ES is dead in general meaning no more vaal regalia slams.
Price fixing perhaps?

I expect to wake up one day and find exalts jumped to 80 chaos but I'm hopeful this stable econ will last.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
"
Nephalim wrote:
Zana does not suck and drains chaos at an insane rate.
ES% from rings are gone and ES is dead in general meaning no more vaal regalia slams.
Price fixing perhaps?

I expect to wake up one day and find exalts jumped to 80 chaos but I'm hopeful this stable econ will last.

I think those are good points. If Zana breach is driving the value of chaos up, then it would follow that once the market is saturated with breach uniques, exalts will rise in value a bit.

It might be most accurate to say it as the OP did. It's not necessarily that chaos are more valuable but that exalts are low value. If it were true that chaos were high(er than usual) value, then the chaos to fuse ratio should be better than 1:2.1
You might also consider that there is a huge influx of players at the moment. It's not just botters that are affecting the market, there are just more of every mat right now.

First reason:

Grinding harbinger shards in low tier maps grants lots of shards and other mixed currency. Some of the T1 layouts like jungle valley or T2 beach/oasis are very static and I can certainly see the bot programmers dive into those maps when making their grind bots. Thus more access to exalt drops.

Second:
Uber lab loot got buffed and people run them so so fast with the queen of the forest speedrun farmers-> lots of currency boxes are opened -> lots of exalt drops ( I got 8 in 60 lab runs as drops from chests).

Third:
Life meta uses more uniques then ES meta. ES meta relied on rolling helmets shields and chest pieces often using exalts to gamble for the godlike rolls. Also Energy shield% was removed from elreon recipe for rings. That used to cost 1 exalt each try.

More players + easier access to exalts + less exalt drain from crafting = lower exalt prices.
Simple. ES is dead

- No reason to exalt es chests
- ES% rings gone
- ????
- Exalt is worthless
im pretty sure exalteds are the same rate as always 20-30c. at least in HC league.
"
opeth wrote:
Simple. ES is dead

- No reason to exalt es chests
- ES% rings gone
- ????
- Exalt is worthless

I'd like to add these:
- Nemesis already available at zana lvl 7, that means people can use it earlier
- breach mod from zana
I make dumb builds, therefore I am.
I'm pretty sure it is just that people use less rare gear at the moment.

More people play life builds and for them unique chests are pretty much the best in slots.

Also life based rare items need less mods to be considered usable so not much need to fill up the remaining prefixis with stuff like %armor, so less flippers try to scam masses as well.

Chaos to fuse is also stable around the 1:2 rate, so I don't think it is that 100 people who actually is willing to spend 8c per map are the reason for anything, just like the poor zana mods were not the cause for ex pricey in prev leagues either.
I just hope GGG learns their lesson and does not mess with zana's affix pool ever again. It's so nice to actually spend chaos on zana mods instead of the drudge of legacy league zana mods.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info