[3.0] Xendran's IW Crit Dark Pact Berserker

you use kaom roots for boots?
my little shop : https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1713837
"
If you do happen to get a really crazy shield and dagger combo, you can opt for a Shield Charge setup and gain some extra Life, however you will need to modify the passive tree.

Exactly what needs to be modified?
(What changes do I need to make if I would like to experiment with shields/apep/doon/etc?)
i use atm a divinarius and HoI to farm maps quicker
"
alpihun wrote:
"
If you do happen to get a really crazy shield and dagger combo, you can opt for a Shield Charge setup and gain some extra Life, however you will need to modify the passive tree.

Exactly what needs to be modified?
(What changes do I need to make if I would like to experiment with shields/apep/doon/etc?)

You just have to take out the area with the staff nodes.
If you want to go for shields, i recommend going for a more clearspeed oriented version with shield charge.

"
Tobinator wrote:
i use atm a divinarius and HoI to farm maps quicker

I recommend using a Scion instead of a Berserker for this.
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 24, 2017, 1:51:18 PM
I've gone ahead and added the upgrade path to a high end Dagger/Shield.
There is an explanation as to why on this specific version of the build, you should wait until you can afford a very nice dagger and shield to switch.
Last edited by Xendran on Aug 24, 2017, 5:26:20 PM
What do you think about Atziri's Acuity for this build? Any real way to benefit from them, perhaps by throwing in MoM too?
"
Omniwrath wrote:
What do you think about Atziri's Acuity for this build? Any real way to benefit from them, perhaps by throwing in MoM too?

If you swap Vaal Pact for Acuity you'd want to find a way to get ~20% more damage out of 3 passive points to make up for it, and it unfortunately still doesn't enable you to use MoM.

Instant vs non-instant mana leech isn't the issue with MoM, the issue is as soon as you get hit below 54 mana you can't use your skill to be able to leech the mana and health back. MoM works with degeneration now as well, meaning this is an even more common scenario.

Acuity would actually make this worse, because any leech from a cast you did before you took damage was instantly recovered, as opposed to potentially getting hit below 54 mana but then having a previously existing mana leech stack bring it back to castable range.

Additionally, this does impact higher-end versions of the build a lot, because you have good things to reserve with all of your mana. I am currently using Enfeeble + Temporal Chains + Arctic Armour, and swapping Chains out for Purity of Elements during to be able to fit more DPS on gear instead of needing to Ele-Weakness cap. (No temp chains in maps as well because I use Bisco's instead of my +1 Curse amulet there).

It's a good idea, but unfortunately it doesn't quite come together the way we'd want it to.
Last edited by Xendran on Sep 4, 2017, 1:30:23 PM
You removed Immortal call and Cast when damage taken? Why?

You use chain+RF?
"
Xendran wrote:
"
Omniwrath wrote:

If you swap Vaal Pact for Acuity you'd want to find a way to get 20% More Damage out of 3 passive points to make up for it, and it unfortunately still doesn't enable you to use MoM.

Instant vs non-instant mana leech isn't the issue with MoM, the issue is as soon as you get hit below 54 mana you can't use your skill to be able to leech the mana and health back. MoM works with degeneration now as well, meaning this is an even more common scenario.

Acuity would actually make this worse, because any leech from a cast you did before you took damage was instantly recovered, as opposed to potentially getting hit below 54 mana but then having a previously existing mana leech stack bring it back to castable range.

Additionally, this does impact higher-end versions of the build a lot, because you have good things to reserve with all of your mana. I am currently using Enfeeble + Temporal Chains + Arctic Armour, and swapping Chains out for Purity of Elements during to be able to fit more DPS on gear instead of needing to Ele-Weakness cap. (No temp chains in maps as well because I use Bisco's instead of my +1 Curse amulet there).

It's a good idea, but unfortunately it doesn't quite come together the way we'd want it to.

I'm using it in red maps now, at level 87, and it's actually working out quite nicely. The extra mitigation is noticeable, and Bladefall, Blade Vortex, CWDT setup ensures that I'm never out of mana for more than a moment.

Also, why do you say 20% More Damage? I'm having trouble figuring out why it would be More and not Increased.
Last edited by Omniwrath on Aug 28, 2017, 2:32:52 PM
Hi!

I'm using this build with great succes, but I'm curious about what would be some ideal daggers/shields which shouls replace the staff.
Just some numbers, or, if you can do it, I wolud be happy with a poetrade search link with the wanted affixes and numbers.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info