[3.8] Death’s Oath Occultist - Death Whisperer(CI) Updated regularly

Hello Flasher Catcher,
thanks for the build.

This league I'm considering Deaths Oath Occultist for the first time. I think I would really enjoy the gameplay.

However, I have concerns when it comes to coloring the armor in 3.5, as I'm not sure the jeweler method will still work with the new masters? What are your thoughts on that?
Last edited by jendroo on Dec 6, 2018, 10:02:00 AM
Hi there, I am interested in this build for 3.5. I'm trying to import the PoEUrl link for Level 100 CI skill tree into my PoB but it's not working... I suggest creating a new Pastebin link. Thanks.
"
Buenomars wrote:
Hi there, I am interested in this build for 3.5. I'm trying to import the PoEUrl link for Level 100 CI skill tree into my PoB but it's not working... I suggest creating a new Pastebin link. Thanks.

PoEUrl is short link to tree on this site

for PoB you need pastbin link, there isnt any here )
Last edited by Sonidox on Dec 6, 2018, 11:56:52 AM
"
Sonidox wrote:
"
Buenomars wrote:

Also, opening the PoEUrl leads to a disjointed skill tree (older version), which can't be imported into PoB. This is why we need a Pastebin link.
Can we use this skilltree for a essence drain/contagion build?
Or is there anything that we need to change?
Hello.
"
jendroo wrote:
Hello Flasher Catcher,
thanks for the build.

This league I'm considering Deaths Oath Occultist for the first time. I think I would really enjoy the gameplay.

However, I have concerns when it comes to coloring the armor in 3.5, as I'm not sure the jeweler method will still work with the new masters? What are your thoughts on that?

Currently this is a concern for many of us. I'm sure they will leave something of the old method around Otherwise We're gonna have to 6 socket and chrome spam, or get lucky with 6 white corrupt from the alter.

"
Buenomars wrote:

Fixed Instructions because it was misleading, new instructions will tell you exactly what to do to import the tree.

"
Sonidox wrote:
"
Buenomars wrote:

Regular PoEUrl works fine when importing the tree, just copy the link and paste in the popup when you click import tree down at the bottom of the screen.

"
JustPvP1990 wrote:
Can we use this skilltree for a essence drain/contagion build?
Or is there anything that we need to change?

With an Essence Drain/Contaigion build you might not need as many of the aura nodes. Also these spells scale with Spell Damage so it might be better to grab some of that. There are a few Essence Drain/Contaigion builds floating around that you could compare them though.
Hello again. How confident are you with the clear speed when you forgo the explosion damage of Profane Bloom for the extra DoTs from the newly added Withering Presence? Clearly, single target-wise, Withering Presence is preferable but I'm worried if omission of Profane Bloom's explosion might affect clear speed too negatively. Also, Hexproof maps will have to be re-rolled.
"
Buenomars wrote:
Hello again. How confident are you with the clear speed when you forgo the explosion damage of Profane Bloom for the extra DoTs from the newly added Withering Presence? Clearly, single target-wise, Withering Presence is preferable but I'm worried if omission of Profane Bloom's explosion might affect clear speed too negatively. Also, Hexproof maps will have to be re-rolled.

Take into consideration that we now can do almost if not more than double the chaos damage over time that we used to just from the multiplier that was added. I don't think we'll really need explosions that much.

But also, we now get a free wither effect, I know I usually only drop this for bosses if I'm not running around crying and hoping I don't die. So that's an additional 6-90% increased chaos damage taken by monsters.

Hex proof could be an issue I guess if you let it be. But honestly it's hardly worth rerolling for. Yes Despair is a nice curse to have on monsters but it hardly breaks the build when you don't have it available. Stuff will just die a little slower, and for bosses you'll hardly notice it.
So i downloaded your POB, i have 2 Questions:

- Why didnt you put quality on Despair? Just an oversight?

- Wouldnt Ebers Unification give you even more damage?
"
broncean wrote:
So i downloaded your POB, i have 2 Questions:

- Why didnt you put quality on Despair? Just an oversight?

- Wouldnt Ebers Unification give you even more damage?

For despair yes, definitely an oversight thanks for pointing that out for me!

Eber's unification will definitely give me damage, there is still heretic's veil because it used to be used when I was using 3 curses. However I still think that a nice ES helm with the chaos res reduction to nearby enemies from fossils will be better for general mapping along with it giving other stats as well. However until you get that then Eber's will definitely be worth using.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info