Viable Detonate Dead build - SSF?

I know there are a few videos on DD builds, but curious if any of these are viable endgame, especially throughout act 5-10, or will I suffer on fights like kitava? How gear dependent are these DD builds and how well do they scale?

Last bumped on Aug 26, 2017, 7:26:38 AM
its always depends how you build it and with leveling uniques you can level with almost any skill but thats not the problem
the problem is that after 3.0 double deeping is fucked which means dd's damage got a huge nerf to point that i think its impossible to make it viable
"
FloopiFloop wrote:
its always depends how you build it and with leveling uniques you can level with almost any skill but thats not the problem
the problem is that after 3.0 double deeping is fucked which means dd's damage got a huge nerf to point that i think its impossible to make it viable

What do you mean, double deeping? How so?
"
cesmode wrote:
"
FloopiFloop wrote:

What do you mean, double deeping? How so?

https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Double_dipping

^this mechanic have been removed and from what i understood dd's damage comes from huge burns and maybe poison with chaos convertion
i might be wrong but i havent seen a 3.0 dd build yet
DD can kill any regular content in the game, however your going to feel the pain on bossfights very harshly.

The easiest way to play DD is to go saboteur, and go cluster trap desecrate and cluster trap DD.

Then scale the damage of one DD to 25% and aoe and the overlap will reach 100% of monster effective life. This ensures you can kill any mob irrelevant of the map level or content tier.(since it scales of base monster hp)

But bosses don't follow that pattern and content like izaro and atziri which are higher content but presented in low tier map area's are extremely bothersome.(since your scaling the lower tier content hp value's)

I used to one-shot all bosses in maps without phases with vaal DD, if there is a phase your royally fucked though. Toss like 8+ cluster desecrate traps, then throw a vaal DD nuke on-top of the corpses and watch the magic.

Though i don't know how effective that will be with new boss hp value's.

Peace,

-Boem-

edit : to clarify i played pure explosion based DD traps, not ignite prolif style.
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Last edited by Boem on Aug 19, 2017, 11:05:02 AM
Damn guys, that really sucks. For the longest time Ive wanted a fun solid DD build. But if I am going to find myself struggling on Izaro or even late acts (since those bosses are generally tougher anyways) or even map bosses if I get there with it, then I don't know if its worth the effort.

Bah, I guess I'll scratch DD off the list this league. Maybe some day in plain old standard I'll buy some ridiculous gear from someone and nuts out with it. I am generally SSF, so maybe in a league isn't the best idea...

Next up: charged dash, some bow build,whispering ice (never done!) or a wander (never done!)
Last edited by cesmode on Aug 19, 2017, 11:08:33 AM
"
cesmode wrote:
Damn guys, that really sucks. For the longest time Ive wanted a fun solid DD build. But if I am going to find myself struggling on Izaro or even late acts (since those bosses are generally tougher anyways) or even map bosses if I get there with it, then I don't know if its worth the effort.

Bah, I guess I'll scratch DD off the list this league. Maybe some day in plain old standard I'll buy some ridiculous gear from someone and nuts out with it. I am generally SSF, so maybe in a league isn't the best idea...

Next up: charged dash, some bow build,whispering ice (never done!) or a wander (never done!)

im following mathils wander right now and its super fun but you need leveling uniques to level with it
crit bow builds are fun too, whispering ice made me fall asleep and charged dash is like shield charge but you need to charge it first i didnt like the skill but some ppl like it
"
FloopiFloop wrote:
"
cesmode wrote:

im following mathils wander right now and its super fun but you need leveling uniques to level with it
crit bow builds are fun too, whispering ice made me fall asleep and charged dash is like shield charge but you need to charge it first i didnt like the skill but some ppl like it

Yeah, Ive always wanted to do a wander, and I saw mathil doing that ele wander. We'll see.

Ive never had my hands on a whispering ice, until last night. Considering that you can only get the skill via the staff (I believe?), this immediately inserted itself into my lineup of builds to try. If its boring, maybe I'll go scorching ray CWC ice storm trickster or something.

Charged dash is a new hotness, got the Dirge axe last night off a boss. I think Mathil ran with that too. So this was inserted into my lineup last night.

Bow builds...I normally stay away from them. I usually suck with them, but I usually accumulate a ton of uniques. Probably will go Explosive arrow this time around, always wanted to try that out. Think I have the unique jewel for EA too.

Just finished up with Dark Pact zerker, took it to 80 SSF SC. Could have gone higher with a significant time investment, but don't see the point. Probably my strongest build to date to be honest (or the skill is just stupidly strong). Also did a CWC stormblast tricurse occulist to start. Was fun with all of the curses, and I did pick up boots to add a fourth curse recently...maybe I'll go back at some point but not sure how much more I can take it without significant investment.

Again, all SSF...so by investment I mean chaos'ing things to high hell, or trying to get lucky with a few fuses.
Sup,

- I am going for a Detonate Dead build Assassin, using the juicy +2% crit from assassin and global crit from items and power charges. Since spell dmg doesn't work, and I guess area, fire dmg jewel is fcking expensive (ty RF ) I think crit mult jewel will help me get a nice burst too.
For Izaro, i'll get culling and more crit cuz of low life; the PC comes from the jaws of agony i guess.
- I suppose the "spell echo like" enchant seem ideal.
- I am hesitant tho to use conversion to chaos items.
- I would use 2 consuming dark giving 120% fire dmg + 60% crit , + 100% poison on hit (lol?). But the poison nerf says : 'You now have to keep stacking up your poison so that you get the bonuses' like vile toxins or maligaro cruelty frenzy charges. That's definetely unplayable here.
Also I wonder what the difference would be between vaal DD and abyssal cry for maps. Vaal breach + abyssal cry + contagion gave me great results vs chayula as an occultist. But it can't crit :/

- Now the other issue is that playing chaos disables the good curse choices of flammability or ele. weakness. I need power charges so assassin s mark ( blasphemy ? ) is needed ( unless skyforth works with DD ? )
- Next is Ignite : The possibility of using the scorching ray + cast when channeling mean that stacking burning dmg would be good : but scorching ray doesn't crit and scales off spell dmg :/ which seems fcking stupid to use then. With a good crit my ignite could be better however I don't know of an ignite build without ele. prolif right ? and there's those bosses ignite immun ; so it's kinda a pain. That can work tho.
- Another idea would be wither+ cast when channeling+ desecrate: wither is like 70% inc. dmg, CwC is 10% more dmg. So it's rly poor dmg if you put it in the 6L but has the mana cost advantage. I am afraid of the CD too cuz traps CD is huge if you're no saboteur and desecrate has it's own 5s CD so I suppose 2 desecrate gems would be best. I wonder if traps are better...

-Last is the def : ES or life ? infernal mantle has +1 fire gem + 15% conversion. which isn't incredible since I won't scale chaos dmg in tree . With occultist I had the OP ES regen, but the assasin doesn't. Playing ES makes me reserve 35% more mana which can be a shame.
But a good thing is that atziri pot gives us 2% leech with chaos dmg :) I wonder about mana leech tho : I mean DD costs 31 mana in 6L it'll be like 100+ mana cost. While wither + CwC has 0.35s cast time ( instead of 0.8s without cast speed ) and 8 mana cost lv1 with CwC and Inc. AoE.

In the end :
Best option would be to not convert, use curses and Doryani catalyst for crit/dmg/leech, if possible i'd like to kill 1 mob with SR/incinerate at least so that i don't use desecrate in 6L to get a corpse, and I have to find a better defense (temp chain ?)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info