WTF happened to the nice smooth gameplay? This is like 2 years ago. :(

WTF happened to all the smoothness?? This is like playing a few years ago, before lockstep and many other improvements. I'm rubberbanding, dying before I see it; bet that rings a few bells for some, lol; its just terrible. Not fun to play when you die due to things you can't control. I die enough when I DO see it, lol.

Hope you guys get this sorted out because this is a HUGE step back in performance. :(

Still love you GGG, just not happy with you at the moment.
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2017, 9:55:47 AM
wait when did the game have nice smooth gameplay? Did i miss that?
just for try, for see and for know
"
wait when did the game have nice smooth gameplay? Did i miss that?

After every single patch for about the last 4 years, things have progressively become worse in this regard. OP is definitely correct, there. The game used to have almost D3 smoothness to it at one point, but obviously that's gone out the window in favour of continuing to make the game 1000's of times more deep, filled with content and complex than any other ARPG that's ever existed. The players have almost unanimously always been in favour of that direction, too.
Game was fine until 3.0. All those pointless lighting and water effects really bog down the engine.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Perfectly smooth for me, never dips below 60 fps. Not sure why you guys hare having problems. Time to upgrade?
Last edited by KZA on Aug 19, 2017, 3:54:50 AM
There are always some people that just can't PC, game runs the best it ever has and a select few manage the opposite...the same every time they add performance improvements.

But then you have some people using shit like a 9800gt.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
"
lagwin1980 wrote:
There are always some people that just can't PC, game runs the best it ever has and a select few manage the opposite...the same every time they add performance improvements.

But then you have some people using shit like a 9800gt.

9800gt Rocks.One of my friends have it and still manges 30-40 fps on GTA5-medium high detail..

The poe optimisation is G-A-R-B-A-G-E
I have to say the game runs super smooth for me as well. Most of the time.

I am experiencing since this new League and 3.0 a phenomenon that I can't figure out:

Some areas from the moment i enter them are having a severe frame rate drop and stutter. Like the game freezes than speed up 10X and it's like that the whole area but only that area.

Most common area are:
- Zana mission when I find her in maps (and this hurts my soul)
- Uber lab rooms

I did however simply encountered it in some I opened at random but no specific ones. I am wondering at this point if it's something to do with certain element generated in that specific zone that mess up with it.

I wonder if anyone is experiencing the same. I may try a full reinstall as it takes only like 10 minutes or something. may be worth it.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
People who say stupid stuff like "upgrade ur PC", don't know wtf they're talking about. GGG themselves has said that their engine is meeeh and PoE has always been known for shaky performance. It's just poorly optimized.

It's like that Batman game that came out and ppl with the best gfx cards got 20 fps in some places... that is fking ridiculous and not acceptable and that crap got pulled off of steam and sales. Ppl need to demand optimization and performance. I would always rather have smooth fps, than 1% better gfx. You can have a game that looks better and runs smoother and you can have a game that looks worse, but also runs worse - it's all about optimization, the engine etc.

Ppl are getting dcs when loading into town (got fixed now i think), we can see through the ground at times, sound is bugging out, there's certain objects that drop frames like crazy, there's a big thread about getting like 50 popup errors after exiting the game in the bugs forum etc. Are you gonna say "get a new pc" to them aswell? Why is it so hard for some of these douches to understand that the problems arise from the maker of the game and the SOFTWARE, not the player's hardware ffs... unless ur running like a pentium 3 or smth lol.

Sometimes it feels like the ppl who say "get new hardware" are shills of nvidia or smth lmao.
Quit after Legion, rejoined PoE to see what the game's like now in 3.12.
Last edited by Paldamus on Aug 19, 2017, 5:57:45 AM
If you want to experience true performance problem run some T15+ with crazy density and get your Rampage count to 400+. Enjoy the lagg fest. Might aswell use headhunter on top of it to crash the game.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info