[Frostbolt Totems]Inquisitor vs Hierophant

Hello all! Started playing a Frostbolt Totems Templar(with the glorious MTX ofc) and I'm loving it. Really want to take this thing deep into endgame.

However I'm so torn on Inquisitor vs Hierophant. On paper, Inquisitor seems like the farrr superior choice for this build(and most ele builds) but Hierophant seems to be quite popular. The power charge gen and MoM bonus seem nice but the four totems adds up to be what, a 40% damage increased opposed to the massive damage increase you'll get from Inquisitor?

Frostbolt Totems is obviously not great for endgame boss killing but it seems to be at least manageable with Inquisitors single target. Doing endgame bosses as a Hierophant seems to be borderline undoable. Yea the map up until the point might be slightttlllyyy faster but the tradeoff doesn't seem worth it.

Hierophant seems like it would be better for hybrid build that doesn't take Ancestral Bond and maybe uses Arc or something to shock/leech life. But for pure Frostbolt Totems Inquisitor seems to be far superior.

A large part of me thinks that Hierophant is popular because well, four totems is visually spectacular. But outside of some QoL improvements and the imrproved MoM, it just seems so much weaker than Inquisitor

Am I missing something here?
Last bumped on Aug 19, 2017, 1:34:49 AM
I think the main reason is clear speed. 4 totems will definitely clear faster in maps than 2/3 totems. Admittedly Hierophant ascendency has that less damage per totem multiplier, which kind of sucks but clear speed meta still rules. And the entire screen full of frozen mobs looks kind of cool as well.
Really think the clear-speed is going to be better?

Feel like with the boss included, Inquisitor would probably beat it out.

Maybe I'm off.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info