What Happened After 3.0

"
Nephalim wrote:

So I guess fundamental difference is that you and some others play poe like a full fledged RPG with a story and definitive start and end with an optional repetitive end game where as I see poe as an end game min max simulation with a forced and painful introduction that involves going through act content.

What happens when you reach maps? Do you just reroll or simply play at a very slow pace compared to a "hardcore" player?

You people make it sound so terrible. For me that pretty much don't even know what poe story all about and just doing - " I need to go there, fetch some stuff, kill things and go to new area. All I need is kill, stuff drop". Just casually play few maps a day and done.
"
Nephalim wrote:
The entire point of this expansion was to attract new players. Current or prior players got nothing out of it.

Is showing some attention to new player base and improving the game for new comers such a bad thing?

I don't have anything again them doing that once every few leagues and if anyone does have a problem they can just take a break if this specific league is not for them.

The 3.0 expansion is really good in terms of game flow without they need to repeat all acts 3 times. The lab was very much improved as well.

The league is okay but I agree not at the same level as Breach. I would never compare it to Legacy because that league was special and intended to be over the top.

I have to say that from you posts here and other threads you seem like a deeply unhappy person with most things in the game. Don't think I've seen so much negativity coming from one single person especially related to a free game no one is forcing anyone else to play or support.
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Aug 19, 2017, 12:51:10 PM
"
Nuhanzer wrote:
You people make it sound so terrible. For me that pretty much don't even know what poe story all about and just doing - " I need to go there, fetch some stuff, kill things and go to new area. All I need is kill, stuff drop". Just casually play few maps a day and done.

Yeah, don't listen to Neph when he condemns the entire PoE experience into a depressing ball of pain.

I used to play ARPGs like you do, Nuhanzer, as sort of a relaxation of dungeon crawling. I still have evenings where I enjoy turning off my mind and doing that, just enjoying the dungeon crawling. But if you ever wanted to learn more about the story of PoE, feel free to check out my video that explains things in a very different perspective. It uses the narration to talk about the gems. I made this pre-3.0, at the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Nuhanzer wrote:

Yeah, don't listen to Neph when he condemns the entire PoE experience into a depressing ball of pain.

I used to play ARPGs like you do, Nuhanzer, as sort of a relaxation of dungeon crawling. I still have evenings where I enjoy turning off my mind and doing that, just enjoying the dungeon crawling. But if you ever wanted to learn more about the story of PoE, feel free to check out my video that explains things in a very different perspective. It uses the narration to talk about the gems. I made this pre-3.0, at the end of 2016 and beginning of 2017.

Thank for the story link. At very least I know who did i kill and why. Poe for me is relaxation mindless killing after day of work. Reward for me in poe, probably that 1% exp increase after finishing few map and after that read some novel and then sleep. For drop, imho , wanting is better than having. Greed is bad.
"
Nuhanzer wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

So I guess fundamental difference is that you and some others play poe like a full fledged RPG with a story and definitive start and end with an optional repetitive end game where as I see poe as an end game min max simulation with a forced and painful introduction that involves going through act content.

What happens when you reach maps? Do you just reroll or simply play at a very slow pace compared to a "hardcore" player?

"

PoE is a fantastic game once you manage to trudge past the act content and reach maps. Not sure where you got the impression I disliked the game.

People enjoy different parts of the game. Don't assume people hate the game overall just because half a year's worth of development was put into the part not liked.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Aug 19, 2017, 12:56:21 PM
"
Nephalim wrote:
PoE is a fantastic game once you manage to trudge past the act content and reach maps. Not sure where you got the impression I disliked the game.

People enjoy different parts of the game. Don't assume people hate the game overall just because half a year's worth of development was put into the part not liked.

Understandable, you don't like the progression. We all like different things about PoE, and that's why we're here. :-)

Also, I think GGG spent more than a half year of development of 3.0. Those tilesets used from Atlas are now used to form new areas in Act 5 and Part 2. So you did get some value out of that total development over time.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info