What Happened After 3.0

"
Nephalim wrote:
The entire point of this expansion was to attract new players. Current or prior players got nothing out of it.

Exactly this,idk why ppl cant see that,it's so obvious
"
Nephalim wrote:
From what I can gather, you are not able to spend much time per week actually playing poe but you've clearly had more than your share of support titles. I mean are you really donating this much for a game you only casually play a 2-4 hours a week?.

My wife works the swing shift, so for 2 weeks I normally play 4 hours a night, then very little game time for next 2 weeks. I certainly play way more than 2-4 hours per week.

I just did a /age and /played. My Harbinger character was played for 2 days, and create almost 14 days ago. So I've played on average 3.4 hours a day so far. At only 9 challenges done, I have indeed "stopped to smell the roses" of 3.0 quite a bit.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 18, 2017, 4:15:38 PM
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:
From what I can gather, you are not able to spend much time per week actually playing poe but you've clearly had more than your share of support titles. I mean are you really donating this much for a game you only casually play a 2-4 hours a week?.

My wife works the swing shift, so for 2 weeks I normally play 4 hours a night, then very little game time for next 2 weeks. I certainly play way more than 2-4 hours per week.

I just did a /age and /played. My Harbinger character was played for 2 days, and create almost 14 days ago. So I've played on average 3.4 hours a day so far. At only 9 challenges done, I have indeed "stopped to smell the roses" of 3.0 quite a bit.

That paints a different picture. I have 3 days played, level 91 and doing nothing but hydra. It kind of blows my mind you have been able to stretch out the leveling content for 48 hours I don't say that in a disparaging light.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Chris did a great job.

Chris take this beer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
I just bring the truth!

"
Nephalim wrote:
That paints a different picture. I have 3 days played, level 91 and doing nothing but hydra. It kind of blows my mind you have been able to stretch out the leveling content for 48 hours I don't say that in a disparaging light.

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment then. :-)

I listened to all narration and read along with the text, not skipping anything, even the broken/wrong narration (especially bad with Sin in Act 8). I full-cleared every area during my progression, and did not repeat a single area. I love the new mini map and overhead map system, and explored every inch of every semi-randomly generated area.

I didn't even spend that long decorating my hideout, may be only 30 minutes total. I do spend a lot of time sorting inventory, probably 1/10 of my game time at least. I also spent a little bit of time trading and tweaking my character even during progression (at level 30 or so, then 50, and now at 60-something).
"
Nephalim wrote:

I do not understand how people can find the 1-70 process fun or meaningful after the 8th time.

Oh and it is more fun to grind the same shaped map again and again and again and again and again?

I finsihed the new content ONCE which was alot of fun, yes.
Now I'm at the point where I must run all this old, well know maps again :(. So the boring part starts NOW for me!
"
Schakar wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

I do not understand how people can find the 1-70 process fun or meaningful after the 8th time.

Oh and it is more fun to grind the same shaped map again and again and again and again and again?

I finsihed the new content ONCE which was alot of fun, yes.
Now I'm at the point where I must run all this old, well know maps again :(. So the boring part starts NOW for me!

No one's stopping you from rerolling 20 characters and taking them all to level 70. People should play what they like.
"
RenanLamante wrote:
Chris did a great job.

Chris take this beer >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Chris does not deserve no beer, Chris deserves a timeout, or to give one to whoever he left in charge of Harbinger.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
"
Nephalim wrote:

Thanks, I'll take that as a compliment then. :-)

I listened to all narration and read along with the text, not skipping anything, even the broken/wrong narration (especially bad with Sin in Act 8). I full-cleared every area during my progression, and did not repeat a single area. I love the new mini map and overhead map system, and explored every inch of every semi-randomly generated area.

I didn't even spend that long decorating my hideout, may be only 30 minutes total. I do spend a lot of time sorting inventory, probably 1/10 of my game time at least. I also spent a little bit of time trading and tweaking my character even during progression (at level 30 or so, then 50, and now at 60-something).

So I guess fundamental difference is that you and some others play poe like a full fledged RPG with a story and definitive start and end with an optional repetitive end game where as I see poe as an end game min max simulation with a forced and painful introduction that involves going through act content.

What happens when you reach maps? Do you just reroll or simply play at a very slow pace compared to a "hardcore" player?
"
Nephalim wrote:
What happens when you reach maps? Do you just reroll or simply play at a very slow pace compared to a "hardcore" player?

Of course not, I re-run maps many times and my highest character is level 94. I've done T15 8-mod maps before. I've done Atziri, uber lab, etc. I did quite a bit of grinding in Legacy to get 39 challenges, but no way I was doing the last. I lined up stash tabs of leaguestones and maps to run non-stop 100 to 200 maps a day for that 39th challenge. I edited my own item filter (I never run someone else's item filter) to promote the grinding and was doing maps in like 30 seconds to 2 minutes each. And while everyone else was engrossed in 3.0 beta, I was still grinding out Legacy.

Not to sound redundant, but I enjoyed the challenge of completing challenges. I enjoy applying my wide array of skills and interests to see what I can get out of PoE at any given moment, any given league.

So you see, I play end-game, I play progression, and I enjoy all facets of the game. I even enjoyed the scarce cut-throat league, and a race event or two. I guess that makes me different than the 1% and the rush-to-40 leaguers. And that's why I've found it quite frustrating to find a guild that fits my gameplay style. While everyone else is done with a league, taking a break, or whatever, I'm still grinding out challenges until the last day. Not for MTX, not for any rewards other than the challenge itself.

And while I might be a minority among PoE players, I know I'm not alone in my gameplay. I've talked with others who approach PoE in a similar fashion. Most of these people like me avoid meta and the 1%, but unlike most of these people, I engage the forums and the community.

In the end, it just goes to show that PoE can be enjoyed in many different ways, because we all have different gameplay styles, lives, and interests.

Last edited by cipher_nemo on Aug 19, 2017, 12:17:05 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info