Defence As Armour Based Melee

"
krenderke wrote:
You could play a crit staff build, then you could get charges when you crit, besides this there really isn't any option to generate them automatically during bossfights, unless you could somehow stun them which is pretty much impossible if they have 10m+ life.

Isn't it based off of knockback though? (it was last time I played). Plus I shouldn't have to be pigeonholed into a specific weapon type, just to reliably and/or easily generate a vital part of melee's defence.
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Smashing_Strikes

It's crit.

Well about the viability of crit staff I don't know much, only tried to play one in warbands, but didn't go well.

A lot of the bossfights are at least as much about mobility as they are about defenses.

So having a lot of attspeed with your movement skill and dodging actively is important, that's why I kinda dislike 2handed weapons, but then well I'M playing a bow build atm which is even worse at dodging haha.

But your hand won't fall off from using EC every now and then, eventually you get used to pressing it anyway.

You should focus a bit more on your actual build, like what is the main skill you want to use etc.
"
krenderke wrote:
https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Smashing_Strikes

It's crit.

Well about the viability of crit staff I don't know much, only tried to play one in warbands, but didn't go well.

A lot of the bossfights are at least as much about mobility as they are about defenses.

So having a lot of attspeed with your movement skill and dodging actively is important, that's why I kinda dislike 2handed weapons, but then well I'M playing a bow build atm which is even worse at dodging haha.

But your hand won't fall off from using EC every now and then, eventually you get used to pressing it anyway.

You should focus a bit more on your actual build, like what is the main skill you want to use etc.

Ah dude, don't get me started. So titlted on having gone from speedy af whirling blades to leap slam.

Build is Starforge Lacerate if that makes a difference.
"
Zac89 wrote:
Thanks for answers guys. Basically looks like I'll be casting Endurance charges again. God damn it hate Enduring cry. Gaining endurance charges for boss fights is such a chore for non juggs. Frenzy charges have frenzy/raider ascendansy. Power charges have pcoc on a 4 link or in main links (or skyforths if you're rich. Everything for endurance charges is janky or just plain annoying to use.

What about getting Endurance charge on Melee Stun support, or Endurance Charges from ascendancy node , or a unique item?

Would that be less of a chore?

Alexis
*smiles*

=@[.]@= boggled
=~[.]^= naughty wink
"
Kwonryu wrote:
"
Zac89 wrote:
Thanks for answers guys. Basically looks like I'll be casting Endurance charges again. God damn it hate Enduring cry. Gaining endurance charges for boss fights is such a chore for non juggs. Frenzy charges have frenzy/raider ascendansy. Power charges have pcoc on a 4 link or in main links (or skyforths if you're rich. Everything for endurance charges is janky or just plain annoying to use.

What about getting Endurance charge on Melee Stun support, or Endurance Charges from ascendancy node , or a unique item?

Would that be less of a chore?

ECOMS great for upkeep of end charges, that's about it (since it's one end charge per slam, not per enemy hit). I've decided to go slayer for the cull and leech. Otherwise I'd have just gone zerker or jugg. Wanted the Cull though.
"
Crimsonyd wrote:
With 60k armour you'll mitigate ~70% of 15k(Shaper Slam) hit. Anyway for proper phys mitigation just go max endurance charges jugg.

I think that's the other way around mate, with 60k armour, you should mitigate ~28% of a 15k hit (ie. you'd "only" take 10.8k of damage). But then, PoE isn't really designed to let you facetank super long windup, over the top telegraphed moves like the various shaper/oversoul/voll/malachai/etc slams (though, mechanically, with enough armour, anything is possible).

As everyone else has said, endurance charges, fortify and basalt flasks are generally better for phys mitigation, but armour is extremely handy while leveling and can still take the edge off quite a few things, especially in conjunction with the other methods of reduction available.
"
As everyone else has said, endurance charges, fortify and basalt flasks are generally better for phys mitigation, but armour is extremely handy while leveling and can still take the edge off quite a few things, especially in conjunction with the other methods of reduction available.

Guess I'll just keep at it then. Just felt safer as evasion though.
"
krenderke wrote:
Get endurance charges and life, roll a basalt flask, armor need no heavy investment the life nodes u pick up might accidentally have some % armor on them, that is more than enough.

200-220% maxlife from tree is pretty much mandatory for super endgame.

And that means you have to grab literally every 5% life node in vicinity.

"
Zac89 wrote:

You can use Hegemony's Era (or Enmity Divine, though it's worse) in combination with The Restless Ward chest for easy charge management. You will gain all kind of charges (endurance and power - on crit, frenzy - on kill), and with prolonged charge duration, they wont fade so often.

Though for me, using Enduring Cry every 16 seconds isnt much a burden.
IGN: MortalKombat
Molten Strike build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1346504

There is no knowledge
That is not power
Last edited by MortalKombat3 on Aug 19, 2017, 4:21:47 AM
"
Drasius_Rift wrote:

I think that's the other way around mate, with 60k armour, you should mitigate ~28% of a 15k hit (ie. you'd "only" take 10.8k of damage). But then, PoE isn't really designed to let you facetank super long windup, over the top telegraphed moves like the various shaper/oversoul/voll/malachai/etc slams (though, mechanically, with enough armour, anything is possible).

Oh thats right. I've done my calculations with some buffs like fortify/soul of steel/Oaks quest reward Thats why mitigation was so high. Pure armor mitigation with 60k armour and 15k hit would be 28%.
If you play a melee you kind off really want endurance charges generation. I used ot be like you and really really despise using the enduring cry casting but this League I went a dual wield stun sunder zerker and I got into the motions of using it. It's not so bad.

If you will have endurance charges and will go Armour as well I can recommend using this for a significant damage boost:

bhttps://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Veruso%27s_Battering_Rams
"Never argue with an idiot. They will take you down to their level and beat you trough experience."
Last edited by Bone2flesh on Aug 19, 2017, 4:52:01 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info