What will you do when Berserker gets nerfed in 3.1

As you guys know, in order to sustain red tier and T16 maps you need to do dangerous map mods.

Monsters affected by those mods hit hard. Even harder in 3.0, at least that's how I personally feel.

We used to have huge EHP with energy shield and a way to leech it back. Now we don't.

Which brings me to my point:

For many self-cast builds (especially melee) Berserker is the last man standing among the corpses of powerful defensive choices.

Cloaked in Savagery is what I'm talking about.

Cause let's face it, when you are taking huge successive elemental hits in a T16 map with shit mods, armour won't save you. Evasion and dodge won't save you. Regen?
It's a no regen map.

But leeching full HP back in a fraction of second WILL prevent your otherwise certain death.

I just have this bad feeling about the direction GGG are taking regarding the endgame balance.

I don't want to play totems, SRS or Essence Drain. I'd like to have the opportunity to comfortably beat the endgame with a self-cast skill that I like.

My man Berserker allows me to do that.
But I'm afraid he won't be able too in 3.1.

Please share your thoughts. Thank you.

Last bumped on Sep 28, 2017, 9:20:33 PM
Continue to not play a boring generalist ascendancy that shit's over balance when combined with vaal pact?

Also i would consider it wise to edit your post to reflect the following

"i don't like to invest into defenses which require me to actually engage with the content path of exile provides, i don't particularly enjoy engaging gameplay but rather enjoy balls to the walls right clicking of my mouse without a care in the world neglecting whatever relevant game altering elements the game provides me"

I dislike these blatant lying post's which pretend vaal pact instant recovery is the only viable way to combat end-game.

Ignoring the fact that's only true if you don't want to engage with content or actually spend time conquering the content.

Reminds me of this dude in feedback posting vp + zerker is the only way you can play dark pact, ignoring any and all creative options the game provides to overcome the downside without faltering to the obviously broken vp + zerker combo which a three year old could figure out at a glance.

Peace,

-Boem-
Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes
Laugh at the sheep that jumped on the new meta.
Ancestral Bond. It's a thing that does stuff. -Vipermagi

He who controls the pants controls the galaxy. - Rick & Morty S3E1
Roll my eyes at GGG?

It never ends, there will always be a few things on top of the chain no matter how many times you nerf.
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
you do realize it's not just berserker that can do high instant leech right?
Boem says "peace" but means no peace at all. Lol.
"
shaunika90 wrote:
you do realize it's not just berserker that can do high instant leech right?

Who else? Slayer doesn't work with spells.
Continue to play berserker without cloaked in savagery.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
Probably roll a Berserker RF or leech build after it's no longer cool to do so.
"
Boem wrote:
Continue to not play a boring generalist ascendancy that shit's over balance when combined with vaal pact?
If and when they get rid of vaal pact I hope they think about the underlying reasons why people take vaal pact in the first place - spike damage, dps check high hp fights, poor alternative sustain options vs incoming damage.

e: note people take it for reflect but there are other options there.
Last edited by ladish on Aug 16, 2017, 1:52:40 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info